Welcome to Gaia! ::

*rofl* Ever realised that Anime/Manga-charakters don't exist? wink

Well, every Artist has his own style, and you can't say for example that Schieles models couldn't have been europeans, because they were so thin , or somethin.
Raibaby
Do you ever notice that he is one of the few anime characters out there that actually looks Asian? I find it interesting that most anime characters tend to look more european or american... take for instance, Naruto or InuYasha or Vash the Stampede from Trigun... that's just very interesting.
They make it so it appeals to a lot of people.
It's because there jealous of us.... j/k
There made to be the perfect people
of no race or religion unless it's sapossed to be funny
Well actually Inuyasha does look pretty asian except for his silver hair. Most Japanese artists draw more European looking characters such as Asuka from Evangelion becuz she's from Germany and Edward Elric becuz he's from Great Britain.

But Kagome, Characters from fruits basket and some others are deffinitely meant to look Japanese.

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
The main character of 3x3 Eyes and Takeshi from Pokemon look very Asian. Such squinty eyes...
Well its anime... ANime isent just for japaness characters it can also be for other animatins such as SpongeBobSguarPants is an animatpin but not a japaness animatoin like Inuyasha.
anime usualy hapens in a different world, so they look different, but still asian. its just like inuyasha is an asian who dyed his hair white
I think it' because manga style involves big eyes to show more emotions. Then colourfull hair - it makes anime more visualy interresting smile
ryugurl0083
IT'S SOO TRUE!!! i mean in all these mangas theyre all japansese (what they consider),..but the only manga that they actually look japanese is probably GTO. in all the rest they have these japanese names but dont look japanese!! i mean also notice body dnt!!!!!!! teenage aisian girls do not have boobs at like 14! (trust me im half chinese)
my friend crystal wears a d sised bra and shes leik 13 and philipino lol

Questionable Genius

The style of manga or anime usually involves big bright eyes and unusual hair color so they look non-asian. But most anime characters have japanese names (or maybe it's an english name because they have to translate it for other countries).
in naruto is a bit asian tokyo mew mew also saber marionette j also but not more to think
For one thing, Vash definitely isn't from any Asian country.

Secondly, get over it. They're just cartoons.

Questionable Browser

Can you tell whether they look asian or not? Anime characters don't look exactly like we do, so I find it rather difficult to tell.....

Not all anime characters are asian anyway--many aren't even humans! sweatdrop
Yeah, it eventually is noticeable. The most Asian looking character I've seen would be either Rikku (FFX) or Tsukiko from Paranoia Agent.
It does seem strange but in America they try their hardest to change their eyes and your probably saying well thats not a big thing when it is...why? I don't know.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff