Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
La Flamme Bleu
Elfen Lied, let me say this, if you cannot stomach the story then don't b***h about it, Nothing in this world is perfectly nice and happy and you must face the facts that everything will eventually in a way kill you.

Devilman did a better job a saying humanity is horrible.

Elfen lied is a fan-service series with a ham-fisted plot in an attempt to be "DEEP".
I LOVED IT! whee It was so awesome. But the anime ended too soon crying I wish they at LEAST had like 20 episodes to explain moar of Lucy/Nyu/Kaede's past! (Kaede is her real name. Or is it Kaeda? eek idk lool) But yeah. If you wanna know what happens to her (about her past and such) read the manga!
WHO HASNT!!! i love elfen lied, and i love that re headed horned girl hahahah razz shes adorable yet extemely violent at the same time!
alll i know is that its awsum! i love anime gore

Profitable Fatcat

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Quote:
"Saiyan Soldier Bardock"]
Shontel Monkeybars
Saiyan Soldier Bardock
Shontel Monkeybars
Saiyan Soldier Bardock
Can I have your wonderful siggy? gonk

Also, to the OP...

Elfen Lied isn't some secret thing that only you know about. Oh, and if you didn't want a sad anime, you shouldn't watch an anime that resides in the drama/horror genre. I've watched the series in subs... It had been the first anime I actually wanted to watch in subs.

It wasnt sad to the point of "omg i hate it" because i bought the series, it was sad in a way that i didnt expect it to be like "damn thats messed up" but where i live I have to order a good anime just to have to buy it or drive out far as s**t so any suggestions?
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (When They Cry) and Baccano! are the best choices in my opinion if you're into the Elfen Lied sort of anime, but Baccano! can be very confusing sometimes. It isn't sequential, sort of like Pulp Fiction.

Well that'll work because Pulp fiction and both Kill Bills are at the top of my movie list....well really any Quentin Tarantino film
Mmm... This is a tasty hamburger.[/quote/]You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese over there?

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
amigobear v3
La Flamme Bleu
Elfen Lied, let me say this, if you cannot stomach the story then don't b***h about it, Nothing in this world is perfectly nice and happy and you must face the facts that everything will eventually in a way kill you.

Elfen lied is a fan-service series with a ham-fisted plot in an attempt to be "DEEP".

The art in Devilman was sort of cute for the first few pages....

And then it got all "OH MY GOD." gonk

Profitable Fatcat

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
La Flamme Bleu
I'd like to point out that Elfen Lied was a decently driven anime, A gorefest mingling in with the flaws of humanity and the Diclonius representing as the eradication of all human life. The thought of such monsters doing these things and killing brutally pales in comparison to the evil things that we as humans do to others by discrimination and the cruel sense of humor that we indulge in seeing someone suffer. I would have wished that Elfen Lied came out after Haruhi so that this crazed nonsensical fan trend wouldn't be so ludicrous. While others are stating that they dislike Elfen Lied, I dislike the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, oh and Baccano! Those two anime I cannot by any other means sit down and watch. Haruhi is for children, Baccano! is ... let me tell you Baccano! is no way similar to any one of Tarantino's films. It is an outright boring anime with an equally boring story to match. It just had too much quantity into it that made it suck. Mafia, immortality, murder, the list could go on and on. Anyways, to those who dislike Elfen Lied, let me say this, if you cannot stomach the story then don't b***h about it, Nothing in this world is perfectly nice and happy and you must face the facts that everything will eventually in a way kill you.

Well said! but as the world is......THE WORLD, everybody has their own opinions, whether for or against. Hell sometimes even neutral, but I love hearing them all and the reasons behind but yours is classic!
Dandy Highwaymen
amigobear v3
La Flamme Bleu

You should watch the t.v series.

Actually no, don't. The subs are god awful, but it was funny at least. Especially the ditzy girl that comes at about 20 episodes in, and is trying to kill herself to become less of a retard.

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
the cat with madbull hair
Dandy Highwaymen
amigobear v3
La Flamme Bleu

Actually no, don't. The subs are god awful, but it was funny at least. Especially the ditzy girl that comes at about 20 episodes in, and is trying to kill herself to become less of a retard.

Sounds like a plan.

holy s**t how many ******** accounts do you have, cat?
Dandy Highwaymen
Dandy Highwaymen
amigobear v3
La Flamme Bleu

Sounds like a plan.

Pretty entertaining if you can get past the subs that don't make sense half of the time, and looks like they put the whole script through a translator, and the shitty 70's animation.

Over 150, I think.

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Dandy Highwaymen
Dandy Highwaymen
amigobear v3
La Flamme Bleu

Sounds like a plan.

Pretty entertaining if you can get past the subs that don't make sense half of the time, and looks like they put the whole script through a translator, and the shitty 70's animation.

Over 150, I think.

I'm definitely gonna look into it now.
I love hilariously bad dubs/subs.
And I love old looking anime art,no matter how off it is.
Better than this moe blob big eyes s**t.

150? Goddamn. You are a god among men.
Dandy Highwaymen
Dandy Highwaymen
Dandy Highwaymen

Sounds like a plan.

Over 150, I think.

>god among men for creating over 150 accounts on Gaia

Don't see how that's much of an achievement, but whatever you say.
The only annoying thing is that Photobucket isn't letting me create new accounts for some goddamn reason.

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Dandy Highwaymen
Dandy Highwaymen
Dandy Highwaymen

Sounds like a plan.

Over 150, I think.

>god among men for creating over 150 accounts on Gaia

Don't see how that's much of an achievement, but whatever you say.
The only annoying thing is that Photobucket isn't letting me create new accounts for some goddamn reason.

Not so much god, I suppose.
but damn.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas