Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Let it be known that I am MOSTLY ignorant on the plot and characters.
MOSTLY.
I've seen some .... screenshots, and heard jokes about the kind of messed up stuff that happens (thank you Tumblr) but for the most part everything I've seen is out of context.

I'm currently watching a Let's Play! of the visual novel the anime is based on (which is +18 so there's your warning but I won't go into any dirty details here and I suggest you try to hold back as well) and I just finished seeing every Noiz ending, so I know his backstory and all that junk.
Up next is the Mink route, which I'm likely going to dislike from what I've gathered.

Now then, the anime....two things I have to say so far.

1. I usually can't stand censorship or adaptations that lessen the blows or make a scene less intense then it originally was, but I am actually very grateful that what I believe is an infamous scene in the visual novel was much milder in the anime.

2. I left off on episode 5 (watching on Crunchyroll, free member) and it's about to get to the part where in the novel the story is completely dependent on which guy Aoba is going to try to end up with.
I am REALLY curious to how the anime is going to cover this.
Will we somehow get everybody's backstory?
Will Aoba end up with anybody?
Nobody?
How what where why AGH! <has found their new crack)

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

The DMMD anime is garbage, why're you even bothering? Just download the game and patch it, you'll be much better off.

Friendly Blob

The game is much better tbh.

The anime seems kind of rushed, it's really disappointing :/

And the animation is just

.. ugh

Loyal Lover

9,550 Points
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
The anime is so very rushed and it kinda hurts, plus the very spotty animation. I say just stick to the games~

Kawaii Shounen

I think it's normal for people that has played the game
to not like the anime version because it always, ALWAYS happen
that they rushed and put another version, since it's a series and it's not like
they can go to every detail to the whole game, just like dangan ronpan.

I haven't played the game, not like I have the right console for it .
the only character I would ship with aoba is koujaku

but I have a feeling it might end with ren since I heard it was the best route
unless they do some harem there

Shameless Prophet

11,600 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

I'm going to wait for the anime to finish before I start talking about it.

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Okay.....I'm about to finish Mink's route, and now I'm REALLY hoping the anime is different, because that was some of the most disturbing stuff I have EVER seen on Youtube.
Damn, Noiz's route was so freaking awesome, but Mink...OH MY GOD.
I have NEVER hated a fictional character so damn much!
From what I've gathered I'll likely feel the same with what appears to be a Virus and Trip ending, but at least they're supposed to be villains (?), not one of the main protagonists like freaking Mink!
Please say that Kojak, Clear, and Ren don't do horrible abusive crap to Aoba....

And I'll admit now I might be too squeamish for this game...
I don't mind the gore, I don't mind the sex, I don't mind a whooole lot of what has happened so far, but Mink is just horrific.

Partying Reveler

Let it be known when BL Games get turned into anime they are s**t. They have to take out certain s**t to be able to be seen on T.V. You can tell they rushed the ******** out of the anime to get it to air on time for the summer. It's just one big ******** up mess that should have just stayed a game.

The OP and ED are horrible. I really liked the Games music too.

Invisible Citizen

11,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Just leaving it out here: Most of the routes don't really make sense.
Considering I've played 3 of the routes (Mink, Noiz & Clear)
Let me just say Clear's route is one of the better routes.

However...a lot of the things Aoba does make me crack up (if you've played the Noiz route you know what Im talking about)

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Sociopathic Hermit

However...a lot of the things Aoba does make me crack up (if you've played the Noiz route you know what Im talking about)

I thought the goal was to see all the routes and put the pieces of the puzzle together from there?
And Noiz's route is the only one I've seen all of so far.
Aaand I think I might love Noiz a whole bunch....I THOUGHT Clear would be my favorite, but Noiz is glooooorious! 4laugh heart

Invisible Citizen

11,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Raz the Red Herring
Sociopathic Hermit

I thought the goal was to see all the routes and put the pieces of the puzzle together from there?
And Noiz's route is the only one I've seen all of so far.
Aaand I think I might love Noiz a whole bunch....I THOUGHT Clear would be my favorite, but Noiz is glooooorious! 4laugh heart

Well I really wouldn't see how that'd work unless Aoba was just thrown around like a blow up doll.

From what I hear, Ren's route is the one that makes the most sense for some reason.
Anyway. I did like Noiz's route a lot I just can't take him seriously after that whole "bite it" thing.

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Sociopathic Hermit

Well I really wouldn't see how that'd work unless Aoba was just thrown around like a blow up doll.

From what I hear, Ren's route is the one that makes the most sense for some reason.
Anyway. I did like Noiz's route a lot I just can't take him seriously after that whole "bite it" thing.

Come to think of it, this is pretty complicated canon since there are so many alternate versions of what happens...
And if we look at EVERYTHING that game does wrong with sex then ohhhh my god the list is too long....

Seasonal Pumpkin

I'm actually pretty surprised about the anime.
And I'm probably alone with this.

Tumblr and the internet made it sounds like it's total garbage but... I don't really think it is.
I mean sure, it's rushed (It's only one season, people. They have to rush it), but then again it moves smoothly - fast, yes, but smoothly - and it doesn't have any of those ridiculous non-canon fillers that many other anime has.
The characters are like they are in the game (with few differences of course, tv show is a tv show anyway. You have to make it little bit differently to it to be entertaining) and the style isn't painfully bad (minus the episode 3). Voice actors are (at leas I think they are) same as they're in the game.
Really... I have nothing to complain.

I knew they won't make it yaoi. It's okay I guess. I liked the plot in DMMD anyway and I think it works even without all the yaoi-stuff too. Romantic tone of course makes some of the character stories better (like Koujaku and Clear) but I think the most of them are strong or even better as platonic relationships (like Mink, Ren and Noiz) .

For the end... I think they're going to do some kind of mixture of all the possible endings. You know, bits here, bits there, since every character had a little bit different 'enemy' and reason to help Aoba.

But I like the anime so far.
It's not as good as the game, of course, but I think it's pretty decent.

People are too cruel for it, seriously. There's lot of worse anime adaptions out there (like No.6.... UNGH). :3

Clean Millionaire

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Yaoi is s**t. No thanks

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Shiro Amanohanatae
Yaoi is s**t. No thanks

I originally wasn't going to respond to this, but...

1. I actually will admit that as much as I love a lot of yaoi the genre is pretty damn problematic when you look at it as a whole.

2. The anime doesn't seem to have any yaoi yet strangely enough...some slight shounen-ai but that's about it.
I mean, Koujaku MAY have made a move in the latest episode?
The most that's happened so far is that Noiz kissed Aoba, and it wasn't a makey outy kiss either.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff