Welcome to Gaia! ::

I just finished re-watching Death Note. I forgot how crazy some things got. So good.

Greedy Gearhead

11,450 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I've not seen the anime since high school.

I finished the manga a long time ago, though. (I've since sold the books along with the rest of my manga, sadly)

Now it's on Netflix, and I'm starting to wonder if it's worth getting into again.

Fuzzy Warlord

15,025 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Restorative Spirit 250
I enjoyed the ending. I think it was the only semi-realistic option at that point,

I felt so bad for Misa! Ohhh her lifespan! Ohhh her memories! Ohhh the lifeless look in her eyes in the last episode!

Shy Seeker

Forever_Weird

I finished the manga a long time ago, though. (I've since sold the books along with the rest of my manga, sadly)

Now it's on Netflix, and I'm starting to wonder if it's worth getting into again.
i didnt see the anime,i settled with the 3 liveaction movies
Cb Lord

I never saw the live action movies (I heard they weren't very good). What did you think of them? I know you don't have the anime to compare it to, but....
Forever_Weird

The anime definitely holds up to the test of time. I'd recommend it. Obviously rofl . I read the manga, but I don't actually remember if I finished it or if I got to a certain point and just watched the anime. It's been too long. I do remember reading one of the novellas; "Another Note," I think it was. It was good. Could have been a fun OVA.
Sloth-7
I enjoyed the ending. I think it was the only semi-realistic option at that point,

I felt so bad for Misa! Ohhh her lifespan! Ohhh her memories! Ohhh the lifeless look in her eyes in the last episode!

Like I said, THE FEELS! THE FEELS!

And poor Matsu! Oh man... I read a one-shot fanfic a long time ago and actually thought it happened in the last episode, but anyway, it was the world after Kira through Matsuda's eyes. It was really good. I wonder if I can find it again....

Kawaii Baby

death note is so good yo even my friend who hates anime liked it after i begged him to watch it
Forever_Weird

Hm.

I may need to watch it again! I haven't watched it since around junior high or high school either.
lirpa-chan
Cb Lord

I never saw the live action movies (I heard they weren't very good). What did you think of them? I know you don't have the anime to compare it to, but....

I've watched both Relights, the original series and all 3 movies, as far as the movies go they offer unique twist to the story and part explain the reason why Near is at Whammy's house and his name.
yung prophet
death note is so good yo even my friend who hates anime liked it after i begged him to watch it

I had a couple friends who weren't anime fans (or big ones) who really enjoyed the series too. I feel like that's gotta account for something.
Inamatus Requiem
lirpa-chan
Cb Lord

I've watched both Relights, the original series and all 3 movies, as far as the movies go they offer unique twist to the story and part explain the reason why Near is at Whammy's house and his name.

I'm not familiar with the "Relights." What are those?

Maybe I'll check the films out then. I'm a big fan of back story and I'd love to know more about Wammy's House.
lirpa-chan
Inamatus Requiem
lirpa-chan
Cb Lord

I'm not familiar with the "Relights." What are those?

Maybe I'll check the films out then. I'm a big fan of back story and I'd love to know more about Wammy's House.

The re lights are basically 2 1 hour/1 and half hour retelling
Inamatus Requiem

The re lights are basically 2 1 hour/1 and half hour retelling

Oh. I think I remember hearing something like that. Is there any new material or tidbits to make it really worth checking out?

Jeering Nerd

9,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
Maaan, I haven't seen that is so long. It feels like a billion years. I remember being alright with the anime. Not crazy for it, but not bad.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff