DearS
AvelletS
Chobits

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
Most of them.

Most recently, Hellsing. I got the first ten volumes from the library and tried to read them, but they had that deadly combination of being too silly and taking themselves waaaaaaaaay too seriously. It just made me roll my eyes too much to want to continue.
♠ D. Gray Man
Bleach
Mirai Nikki
Hellsing
Gintama

Of all the ones listed, I actually really loved DGM for a while (and I still do), it's just the latest couple of arcs suck major balls. So I just got bored of reading it.

Cold Champion

20,725 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Frozen Solid 200
Pandora Hearts...the voice acting killed my ears so badly that I couldn't make it past the first half - of the first episode o.o

Amateur Rogue

8,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
Fruits Basket (Manga), although I might continue it

Ouran High School High Host Club( It was getting too wired emotion_facepalm )

Hetalia(same as above and I unfortunately had personal experience with its fanbase sweatdrop )

Azumanga Daioh( It was just.........................wired, in a bad way.)

Fashionable Heckler

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ouran High School Host whatever -- Just got bored for some reason

Black Butler -- After the first episode of the Anime, because I just couldn't sit through it for some reason. I may just go to the second episode sometime, though. Still like the Manga, though.

DragonballZ -- Manga after the Cell saga. I just got bored for some reason.

Bakugon -- Dullness

Madoka -- Couldn't sit through the first episode

And some others I haven't listed.

I know that the majority of the stuff gets better, but if I can't get hooked, then it gets really hard to sit through.
the familiar of zero, gatekeepers
Well, Ive dropped Durarara because there was no action and just people talking, Skip Beat because of the slow plot and its confusing, and Bleach because I got bored.

Silent Protagonist

13,190 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Inuyasha: Because I can't stand Kagome.

Mermaid Melody: Because Luchia's voice is annoying and she irritates me as well.

Sailor Moon: I'm going to finish this one day. But I keep dropping it because of all the filler.

Tokyo Mew Mew: The dub was so bad... And it has a lot of filler too.
I should really just read the mangas of SM and TMM, but it seems like they focus too much on Usagi and Ichigo and I like them for the other characters.

Card Captor Sakura: Started boring me.

Bleach: Was watching it on AS just because it was on before other stuff, but then, in the middle of all the fights with like, the Espada or whatever, the next episode is filler for some reason. Followed by more filler.

Pokemon: Started to suck ever since Misty left.

Naruto: I got behind and then suddenly realized that it sucked.

Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac: The time slot changed and I got way behind. Then I couldn't find any episodes in English(subbed or dubbed)online. I want to finish it, but I'll have to rewatch everything and that makes me hesitant to pick it back up.

Digimon: After the second season, all the others just seemed kinda lame. I kinda liked the fourth season, but I kept missing episodes.

And there're a bunch of others that I dropped on accident because I forgot what episode I was on. sweatdrop
Mewsey
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Madoka -- Couldn't sit through the first episode
[[Skip to episode three and watch the happy-go-lucky cliche go downhill and turn interesting.

I've dropped only a couple. I can usually tell how good a series is from the synopsis and image used, but if i'm still skeptical i go read blog reviews. I usually stick to most of them even if they're a bit irritating or not something i would normally watch. As long as they are entertaining, i don't care if they aren't the next big amazing Anime.

Things i've dropped are:
Durara! - I was watching it at night on AdultSwim, but i just gave up trying to stay awake. Might go back to it later on.
Horizon in the middle of nowhere- I was really hoping this would be good, but after episode 3 i just didn't want to see dumb students with huge tits anymore. I've read good reviews about it now, and supposedly it gets a bit more interesting, so i might go back to it as well.
Bleach- Dropped after they took so long trying to get Rukia back. I lost interest.
Rou Kyuu Bu!- I was giving this a chance because i was trying out watching other genres after liking Kimi To Boku, which was a Slice of Life i never thought i would enjoy, but i just couldn't take it after the cliches of the second episode.
Vampire Knight- Ugh, i just couldn't take it. And i'm a huge Vampire fan, so that's saying something.

I'm about to drop Aquarion EVOL if it gets any more stupider, but so far i have tons of series on hold until i have time to go and read/watch them. I don't like dropping things since i know they will either get more interesting, or it will nudge at me at how it ended.
]]

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
I don't completely drop an anime if I can possibly help it. Usually they just go on hold for a while. If I start not caring about the main characters it's really hard for me to care about the show at all. Other times repetitiveness can kill it for me.

Anime I have on hold at the moment-
Dance in the Vampire Bund
High School Girls
Gunslinger Girl
Kami-sama Dolls
Mad Bull 34
Sailor Moon R

I dropped the manga Godchild. Which annoyed me because I bought it. That's $25! Gah!

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
Okay...

A
Angelic Layer - Library discontinued buying the DVDs so I really had no way of finishing it. It was kind of "meh" anyway.

B
Beyblade, Metal Fight - I LOVED the first three seasons but this one annoyed me. Everything was fine and dandy (I even appreciated how close the dub was to the original considering how badly they messed up the first three) but once the talking dog showed up...I was gone.
Bleach - I watched maybe...the first 30 some odd episodes but I only watched it because it was one of the few animes on. After awhile I just couldn't stand it.

D
Desert Punk - ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH! Sorry, but I got quickly annoyed with this one. The main character was a douche...
D.N.Angel - Library discontinued buying the DVDs. It was "meh" though...
Duel Masters - I watched the dub so I don't know if the sub is any good but I couldn't stand the dumb jokes. I tried to stay with it for as long as possible because I love Joshua Seth's work but dear lord, I couldn't do it. That's how BAD it was.

E
Euraka 7 - I just could get attached to it. I didn't really understand it...

F
Fullmetal Alchemist - I enjoyed Brotherhood but the original one bored me to death.

G
Ghost Stories - On top of never being able to remember where I am in that series, I found it kind of boring.
Gundam Seed - Found it boring.

I
Inuyasha - I don't know what the fuss is about this anime. It's like the Japanese version of Twilight or something....U.U;;

K
King of Bandit Jing - Library discontinued it, which is sad because I really loved this series.

L
Love Hina - Same atmosphere over and over again. I dunno, it seemed pointless...like it was going nowhere.

N
Naruto - I'm still keeping up with Shippuden which, in my opinion, is more structured but, the first roundabout of Naruto was always off balance.
Negima - Too predictable...

P
Pokemon - Too repetative. It's been HOW many seasons now? When will the damn kid become PKM master!?

Y
Yu-gi-oh - I was never really into Yugioh, but a friend was so I watched it for her...which was painful because I can't stand card animes.

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Beelzelbub: I couldn't stand Aoi! She was so annoying, if she likes Oga, why not confess then? But instead she daydreams about them together ._. Aoi needs to get her nerves.
Kirian Revolution: Kirian was also annoying :/ Whines to much and plus, there are like, 163 eps.
I too dropped the big three. Naruto, Bleach, and Once Piece.

Of course these series started out with so much promise, but it just got to the point where you can tell the creators heart just isn't in it anymore. neutral I mean, I love a good long series as much as the next person. But all good stories must end. I say its crossing the line where your manga series can have its volumes fill an entire bookcase. Just saying.

Shy Conversationalist

I dropped Naruto by the 27th volume of the manga. The series was getting very tiresome for me because there was just way too much s**t going on. There were way too many story arcs and characters involved. When that happens, there's too many characters for me to give a rat's a** about. So I just stop caring about them all. Kishimoto also had this tendency to give every single character a backstory, and those backstories were garbage. They were garbage because they were always, always some sob story. Give me a break. Just, I can't, Naruto. I can't. emotion_donotwant

I've been trying really, really hard to get into Cowboy Bebop, but for whatever reason, it's just not working magic on me. I know it's supposed to be a fantastic series and I really want to like it. But I'll watch an episode or two, drop it for awhile, attempt to watch it again, drop it.... Maybe I should just give it up officially. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff