Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Raider

What do you think of animes such as Trigun, Cowboy Bebop and Hellsing becoming more mainsteam and showing up in stores like Hot Topic?
That would be cool. It also would make finding merchandise for them easier to find.
That would be interesting. It's nice to know that companies are opening up to the craze... but it's still far from anything earth shaking.
..................................................ur becomming more mainsteam!!!! domokun twisted ninja
omg ..i hate that hot topic is doing that
i thought that store was"it's all about the music"------MY a** IT IS!!!
WTF??? itz a store that is sopposed to have things involved with music..NOT ANIME!!!
i hate them 4 doin that...i mean..now we have to deal with preps saying..."ohh i love that show!!inuyasha..and FMA"(no dout,it is good)...i mean y cant hot topic freakin sell stuff that ppl aren't gonna become poserz 2 ??!!!errrrrrrrg...itz so annoying how they sell things that make it sooo popular and then dump it then sell somthin else to make that out sold

HOT TOPIC....GO 2 FREAKIN HELL !!!!!
scream scream evil
It's funny you would bring up Hot Topic. I'm not American, but from what I've heard Hot Topic was an online store for a few years. Now it's gotten really mainstream, to the point where it's Cool to shop there, instead of what used to be an actual statement.

I've been watching Manga turn mainstream for years. Even back in the days when Toonami and Adult Swim were showing the first Trigun, Tenchi Muyo, etc, things there getting funneled out into the main stream.

Until recently, the last 2,3,4 years, Manga and Anime were found in very select comic book stores, or in a tiny corner in a video store. It's grown recently as exponentially as a fad, and when you break it down, each Anime has a very short term with a fanbase before the media points their cameras at something newer and bigger.

I think all the dubb-kiddies with short attention spans will get tired, drop out of it, and things will die down in what could be months, or years. But I don't think the media can keep raping this 'fad'. Being a 'Sk8ter' or even some of the dying trend of being a Gangter Pimp sunk low and out of popularity, the mainstream anime/manga market is liable to as well.

But there will always be the diehard fanbase. People like myself that make a self-satifying life out of sucking on the dregs of the culture.
if u agree with me ..pm me!!
i'm gonna send them an e-mail to them(not a good 1)
phantomblackwings
if u agree with me ..pm me!!
i'm gonna send them an e-mail to them(not a good 1)
The reason why Hottopic has spead out and not focused it's attention on just the music is that they're making tons of money! You'd have to get a pretty large group to boycott the store which would be hard since it seems to have gotten popular because it's not just about the music. It's about everything relating to the skater/punk/goth/etc. world. So get over it!
Chanker
It's funny you would bring up Hot Topic. I'm not American, but from what I've heard Hot Topic was an online store for a few years. Now it's gotten really mainstream, to the point where it's Cool to shop there, instead of what used to be an actual statement.

I've been watching Manga turn mainstream for years. Even back in the days when Toonami and Adult Swim were showing the first Trigun, Tenchi Muyo, etc, things there getting funneled out into the main stream.

Until recently, the last 2,3,4 years, Manga and Anime were found in very select comic book stores, or in a tiny corner in a video store. It's grown recently as exponentially as a fad, and when you break it down, each Anime has a very short term with a fanbase before the media points their cameras at something newer and bigger.

i agree anime is life and will be life 4ever,if ur really s2pid u drop out of it and go 2 somthin better, which is gay,i've soo been ther 4 it and with it
I think all the dubb-kiddies with short attention spans will get tired, drop out of it, and things will die down in what could be months, or years. But I don't think the media can keep raping this 'fad'. Being a 'Sk8ter' or even some of the dying trend of being a Gangter Pimp sunk low and out of popularity, the mainstream anime/manga market is liable to as well.

But there will always be the diehard fanbase. People like myself that make a self-satifying life out of sucking on the dregs of the culture.
hottopic sucks they shouldnt be selling anime its a music store like phanton said its so annoying i liked it when anime wasnt so mainstream now its annoying to see people watching animes and obsessing over inuyasha full metal alchemist and the other animes on TV. I'd rather it would stay off the air. The ONLY reason that i like toonami is because they will not play Ranma1/2 other than thtat they suck for playing anime too manyposers from hell now so f***ing irritating... whooo sorry got mad. eek
*shrugs* Hot Topic deals in an alternative mainstream (Hm, oxymoron). They just want to do business selling what's popular among a different group of people. What's so wrong with that? I love their game shirts, and their anime shirts aren't terrible, though they could be better. And why not dump them for something new? They're just keeping up with what's popular. That's how businesses like Hot Topic are operated. People won't generally won't want to buy something that's old news. They move on with what people want and cater to their needs. And besides, it's better than having to shop online for the stuff. I for one support Hot Topic in what they do (and I'll start buying their shirts again once they get back the Resident Evil shirt I like xp )
Anime? Mainstream?
Possibly. Its gettting there. I only hope that it doesn't make big companies make generic or crappy cartoons/merchandise/games/etc.
HATE.
And soon Naruto and Evangelion will be in Hot Topic too.
Damnit, it's depressing.
I remember a time when I could say "Sexy no jutsu" and people would think I was hitting on them.
Af Mas
*shrugs* Hot Topic deals in an alternative mainstream (Hm, oxymoron). They just want to do business selling what's popular among a different group of people. What's so wrong with that? I love their game shirts, and their anime shirts aren't terrible, though they could be better. And why not dump them for something new? They're just keeping up with what's popular. That's how businesses like Hot Topic are operated. People won't generally won't want to buy something that's old news. They move on with what people want and cater to their needs. And besides, it's better than having to shop online for the stuff. I for one support Hot Topic in what they do (and I'll start buying their shirts again once they get back the Resident Evil shirt I like xp )

Even though I've never been to a Hot Topic franchise location. Of course, as the name of the store says, they're keeping up with and selling what's today's "Hot Topic". So you can't hate them for moving on to something different. I mean, Walmart used to only sell home appliances and the like. Now they sell what's in a grocery store as well.
It sort of a win-lose situation, I guess. It's cool that I can find t-shirts and stuff to wear just by going to hot topic and buying it, instead of waiting annually for the anime convention to shop for them. But then again, like others stated before, people just jump on the bandwagon and are simply anime fan-posers. I made a topic similar to this, but I talked about how manga advertisements were showing up in teen magazines...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff