Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

American Anime?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on May 19, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

It's not bad. I really like Teen Titans (bwaha go Raven!) Actually, I bet it's a good intro for those anime "haters". If they like Teen Titans, then that paves the way for Japanese animation. ^^ Either that, or I'm just saying a whole bunch of stuff that makes no sense. sweatdrop
Phiso
It's not bad. I really like Teen Titans (bwaha go Raven!) Actually, I bet it's a good intro for those anime "haters". If they like Teen Titans, then that paves the way for Japanese animation. ^^ Either that, or I'm just saying a whole bunch of stuff that makes no sense. sweatdrop
I think it'll be hilarious when there are Japanese series that show elements of being influenced by Teen Titans and/or Totally Spies.
lol ya amircan anime suck!!!! they need to show more Anime from japan!!
I'm wondering what the brouhaha about this is all about.

Then again, I'm partial to the humour, not just the art style. I'd be just as enamoured over an American cartoon that resembles something like Midori no Hibi.

Maybe that's what the difference is. I dunno.
i love art style, thats a huge reason why i love Japanese Anime but i cant hate American Styled Japanese anime in general, b/c who knows if someday someone will surprise us =] i CAN hate the individual shows tho lmao btw Totally Spies is French as was stated in a similar thread...
Some of the shows are not that bad but just a little to exsessive. Like Teen Titans isn't horrable just they put waaay to much of those little crazy anime quarks in there. An totaly spies well thats not even a show in my book stare
ziras16
lol ya amircan anime suck!!!! they need to show more Anime from japan!!

User Image

I like Totally Spies and Teen Titans. I find Totally Spies basically being a parody of all those espoinage movies and shows, by putting three girls from the Valley as the leads. Its silly and stupid and that's why I like it.
Anime exists because of Americans. So of course, Americans can make it.
Floaty's mostly right in that -- the big-eyed look we love so much actually comes from the cartoons produced by Disney and Warner Bros back in the day. It's an odd relationship Japan has with America. If you speak English, even badly, in Japan, you're considered cool. Likewise here among the fans. We dig the Japanese products, they dig the American stuff. Amusing in a way. ^^

But no, I don't like the style they've been using for that lameass Totally Spies vomitis projectis. Teen Titans, fine, whatever. Not half as obnoxious as the former.
yeah there's a lot of american animes.. zoids.. gundam wing.. macross.. they're my fav xd xd

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
I don't really care where anime comes from; I'm not racist. If it's good, I'll watch it. It doesn't matter if the anime comes from Japan, Korea, America, Canada, France, Italy, or another country.
Grendelrose
I think it'll be hilarious when there are Japanese series that show elements of being influenced by Teen Titans and/or Totally Spies.

IT'S THE CIIIRRRRRRRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE...
g3m1n161
americans cannot draw anime, because anime is defined as japanese animation. you can use its style, but it will not be considered anime unless:
1) it is drawn in japan
2) it is drawn by a japanese person
3) most of the animators drawing it are japanese
4) you consider yourself, and tell others, that your heritage is japanese (making you japanese?)

o wells. i don't hate those shows... well, actually i hate totally spies. teen titans is actually not that bad. before i was one of those "WAT??!? HOW CAN THEY" people. now that i've seen it, it's not that bad of a show (well, maybe the plot and flow could use some work, but they put emphasis on the characters).

I have one word to describe your comment: RACIST!
g3m1n161
americans cannot draw anime, because anime is defined as japanese animation. you can use its style, but it will not be considered anime unless:
1) it is drawn in japan
4) you consider yourself, and tell others, that your heritage is japanese (making you japanese?)

o wells. i don't hate those shows... well, actually i hate totally spies. teen titans is actually not that bad. before i was one of those "WAT??!? HOW CAN THEY" people. now that i've seen it, it's not that bad of a show (well, maybe the plot and flow could use some work, but they put emphasis on the characters).
Thats not actually true, my friends and i can draw anime and we come up with our own styles and everything, you can't really tell the difference, so don't act like you know everything stare

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Okiimiru
g3m1n161
1) it is drawn in japan

I have one word to describe your comment: RACIST!

I agree. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces