Welcome to Gaia! ::

What did you think of Spiderman Unlimited?

A sadly Underrated show that was cut short before it's time. 0.12280701754386 12.3% [ 7 ]
Absolute crap. I mean, who gives Spiderman a cape made of webbing?! 0.017543859649123 1.8% [ 1 ]
It was just meh. 0.28070175438596 28.1% [ 16 ]
I've never even heard of that! *goes to check it out* 0.10526315789474 10.5% [ 6 ]
I never watched it. 0.47368421052632 47.4% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 57 ]
1 2 >

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The top 5 I'm posting is my own PERSONAL top 5, and I'd expect you to post your personal favorites instead of just posting the obvious things other people would expect (although ironically, my list of cartoons is still well known).

I'd also like to point out that my top 5 is in no particular order, I'm just posting them randomly as they are all pretty much tied for first place in my mind.

Let's Begin.

#1: Batman The Animated Series. Ok, so I lied and the first three shows are in order, because now that I think about it, Batman TAS could never be anything BUT #1 in ANY list of ANY television series, even lists where it's not even supposed to be.

#2: Batman Beyond. You should have seen this coming. Batman Beyond could have been just as great as Batman TAS and nearly was, but it was sadly cancelled before it's time. However, it did receive a nice sendoff in an episode of Justice League: Unlimited.

#3: Samurai Jack. It was a tough call deciding between this and "Beyond" as the number 2 spot, and regardless, it is still tied in second place in my mind. It was an amazing, very stylized and surprisingly smart television series for being a "kid's" show. The humor wasn't too much, and was very well done. They had some absolutely stunning and artistic moments, like when Samurai Jack fought the Ninja in a black and white environment. Sadly, it was another show that was cancelled before it's time. When Mako, the voice of Aku, died, the show died with him. For years, rumors of a feature length film to end the series have circulated on the internet, but a final result has yet to be seen.

#4: Avatar: The Last Airbender. You must be thinking "OMG HOW IS THIS FOURTH YOU d**k?!" Well, I'm too lazy to decide between Samurai Jack and Airbender for the number 3 spot, and it's still on my top 5, isn't it? Yes? THEN SHUT THE HELL UP! Last Airbender was an epic, epic journey. It had absolutely hilarious humor, very adult situations that were handled very well, beautifully crafted locations and battles, and was just an all-around GEM. The series was thankfully finished with an epic final battle and a great send off that brought tears to the eyes of fans everywhere. Sadly, a man named Shamaylan would make the fans cry as well, cry tears of RAGE AND BOUNDLESS SORROW. THAT MOVIE WAS s**t.

#5: Dexter's Lab and the Powerpuff Girls. You might be saying "You're a dirty cheat!" Well, you know what? I DON'T CARE. When I was growing up, these shows went together like Bacon and Eggs, and I ATE THAT s**t UP.

And I have one honorable Mention. Sorry it wasn't on the list, but I ran into it later on after I was mostly grown. I still love it like crazy, just not enough to put on this particular list. Maybe on my top 5 giant robot shows list?

Starbarians. It's technically a series even though we are never getting episode 3, and Harry Partridge is thy God of animation.

That's all. One is all Imma do.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The Daario Naharis
Starbarians. It's technically a series even though we are never getting episode 3, and Harry Partridge is thy God of animation.

I would actually hate living in their world, although the fact that every woman is super busty would be a good consolation.

Dapper Capitalist

Oh god, this is going to be ridiculously tough for me. I know I'm going to forget something but here's my list off the top of my head

First Avatar, this is number one for me. This series is a true work of art. The rest won't be in order, but this is definitely number 1.

Second, Codename: Kids Next Door. Just got done rewatching the entire series, and refreshing my memory on just how awesome this show was. Everything worked about this show. It was creative, fun, and an embodiment of everything great about childhood taken to the extreme.

Third, Gravity Falls. This is probably going to be newest one on my list. After only one season I am fully hooked and waiting eagerly for them to come out with new episodes already, because this show is just amazing. There are some pretty solid shows running right now (Regular Show, Adventure Time, etc.) but out of all currently running cartoons right now, this is my favorite. It just has a charm about it that I can't get enough of.

Fourth, Powerpuff Girls. I love my kickass little girls. It's hard to find shows with good female leads and this show was one of the best in my opinion. It had three female leads, but it wasn't considered to be a "girls" show. And each of the three leads were well rounded and interesting characters that anybody could relate to.

And lastly(and this was an extremely hard call) I say Animaniacs. Right now, it has become expected that cartoons will sneak in adult humor and jokes that will go over most kids heads, and in that regard this show was the king. The shear amount of stuff they got away with, and at at a time when cartoons were a lot tamer, never ceases to amaze me. And they did it with a certain amount of class other shows lacked. It wasn't too subtle, and it wasn't too in your face, it had just the right amount of balance. I mean, just take a look.
toasega
The Daario Naharis

I would actually hate living in their world, although the fact that every woman is super busty would be a good consolation.

Yes, The Starbarians universe is probably one of the least desirable worlds in which to live. Unless you are tough enough to be one of the minor antagonists, your life essentially consists of being raped, robbed and murdered in no particular order, by either an Antagonist of The Starbarians.

As Harry's description of the premise goes, "Ruthless and inhumane, restless and unstoppable. They are the only good guys worse than the bad guys. They are Starbarians."

I tell you, sometimes I wish Harry had less integrity and sold this off to a producer (Apparently he had a contract written up at one point, but didn't want to secede any creative control... I guess it's sorta like a Deadpool movie, the only way it's going to work is if it's rated R) just so it could be a full fledged series rather than a handful of Internet videos.
sweet, seen all of them. smile

Alien Cosmonaut

I'm '90s trash, so:

1. Doug
2. Rocko's Modern Life
3. Powerpuff Girls
4. Hey Arnold
5. Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (shh, I know that isn't from the '90s ninja )

Brainy Genius

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
aww...brings back memories.

Eloquent Streaker

Top ten for non-anime:

1 - Batman: The Animated Series
2 - Gargoyles
3 - Samurai Jack
4 - Teen Titans
5 - Justice League (original and Unlimited)
6 - The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
7 - Animaniacs
8 - Futurama
9 - Powerpuff Girls
10 - Invader ZIM

Top ten for anime:

1 - Cowboy Bebop
2 - Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex (original and 2nd Gig)
3 - Black Lagoon
4 - Hellsing Ultimate
5 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
6 - .hack//Sign
7 - Afro Samurai
8 - Gurren Lagann
9 - Trigun
10 - Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni

And if both lists were combined:

1 - Cowboy Bebop
2 - Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex
3 - Batman: The Animated Series
4 - Gargoyles
5 - Black Lagoon
6 - Samurai Jack
7 - Teen Titans
8 - Hellsing Ultimate
9 - Justice League
10 - The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
1. Teenage mutant ninja turtles original and 2012 Nickelodeon
2. Disney’s Recess
3. Regular Show
4. Beast Wars
5. X-men the animated series
Cyber Six
Gargoyles
Reboot (does it technically still count as a 'toon?)
The Ripping Friends
Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy
Undergrads
X-men (90's cartoon)

Various Saturday morning cartoons consisting of Butchered anime.
(Ultimate Muscle, Digimon, etc.)

I highly suggest Cyber Six, Gargoyles, X-men, & Avatar Last Air Bender
to people who love shows that delve heavily into morals/politics and society in general. (The feels)
Season two for Gargoyles goes down hill though, if I remember correctly. (something about different writers, or furries, or maker knows what anymore. I'm getting old damnit)

I'm slightly pleased with the mentions in this thread.

It's always nice to see powerpuff girls getting some attention.
(Keep in mind they're rebooting the Power puff girls next year!! And don't forget to check out Power puff Girls Z, a Japanese spin off)

Surprised Sailormoon wasn't mentioned, unless I missed something.
(Which is also being given a reboot, but by looking at it you'd hardly be able to tell really)

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Non-anime: (In order)

Anime: (Also in order)

Wistful Seeker

26,400 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
No particular order because it's to hard to choose.

Grimm Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
Rocky and Bulwinkle
Animaniacs
Garfield and Friends

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items