Welcome to Gaia! ::

People nowadays, classify anime/cartoon as an Evil. They thought that anime/cartoon are monopolizing the mind of many youth these days and leading to war and violence. But the big question is, if it cause war/violence? Can you tell me what anime do they watch during World War? biggrin What is your opinion?
I couldn't see animation leading to any war or violence.
A lot of people just classify shows like "The Simpsons" and "Family Guy" as evil and violent because they don't realize it's for an older audience, they see all the colorful characters and stupidly think "But this is a show for children!". Because there are still a lot of adults out there that still think animation is strictly for children.

During World War 2, I think a lot of animation was stuff like Looney Tunes, Disney, Betty Boop... while it seems tame in comparison to our animation, it was probably complained about too!
The Older generation is always going to try to demonize the Newer generation for the things they like, for 20+ years now it's been complaints about video games and violent movies, music, and of course animation/anime!
I agree with you. cool

They really thought that having watch an anime/cartoon leads to violence. But there was a study that a cure for being lonely or anxiety is to watch a cartoon smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff