Welcome to Gaia! ::

Because they're cool like that

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

It's just more exciting that way okay crying try jumping off your sofa and screaming gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal when it happens and you'll understand

Sage Prophet

13,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
Ducks Dekux IIIII
NovaKiddie
It aint nothin but a G thang
It's like this and like that and like this and ah lol

Ohmygawd that made me so nostalgic right now... driving at night, leaving the hood, speeding north into the highway towards the desert the sound of sirens far behind me, then past Fort Carson, Lil' Probe Inn, the Big Ear to my left and Area 69 to my right and then the quiet under those strange stars... *_*
NovaKiddie
It's like this and like that and like this and ah lol

Partying Noob

8,300 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150

Big Star

It comes natural to me. There's no reason why to I scream or anything, It's because I am full of joy and it's a special moment. It's how I let out my joy.

Virtuous Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Invisibility 100
Hitachin
It's cause latin american women leave sometimes to do cooking and unlike white women are generally more interested in sports.
So they yell GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAL so everyone in the household realizes there was one. Then Andres Cantor made it super popular cause he was an announcer for one of the world cups and then it became tradition.

I'm pretty sure the trend didn't start to accommodate some women's sad reality. It benefits anyone in a house including men sitting on the toilet, or even passers-by on the street. If they really wanted to please women that much then they might as well make Ronaldo play in his undies rolleyes
By the way, it doesn't seem right that you should claim with such certainty that latin american women are more interested in soccer than white women, even with "generally" pasted there. I mean, soccer is HUGE here in Europe. All in all your post is like a wonky caricature: it feels more representative of the way you think things are, rather than reality. Unless you were just trolling...!

Shy Regular

10,775 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
According to the commentators on ITV's coverage, it's because the commentary boxes are really far away. The commentators never used to have monitors, so they yelled "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!" while somebody rushed up to tell them which player had scored.

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: KO 200
It's cause latin american women leave sometimes to do cooking and unlike white women are generally more interested in sports.
So they yell GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAL so everyone in the household realizes there was one. Then Andres Cantor made it super popular cause he was an announcer for one of the world cups and then it became tradition.

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Don't worry, i'm now curious about it too.

EDIT: One thing i can tell, they have been chanting long goals before the oldest WC i can remember watching ( italia 90 ), but that is because i watched the previous cups narrated in english. A friend has those narrated by latin americans, i will ask him to tell me when the trend started ( or to borrow me the vids )
Now I'm curious about why it's a tradition.
I am legitimately curious too. I'm sure it's obvious there is a hint of humorous tone here, but I really am curious and I'm not just trying to make fun of it or something.

I know I could just look it up, but I like to get it from someone more directly than from wikipedia or w/e.

Menacing Shoujo

It's a tradition.

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I assume that you are talking about Latin american narrators mainly? Is almost tradition now to see how long can some chant a goal. I honestly don't know when or where started but it's been like that as long as i can rmember
Also I'm just used to calling it Soccer.
It's more foot oriented than MURIKAN football aka handegg for sure
but that's not really my question
is it because it doesn't happen a ton?

I'm not shitting on Soccer btw, I could probably get into it if I really wanted to. Maybe just out of being a hipster since it's not big in the United States. But holy jesus ******** they're like

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff