Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think the Netherlands

Profitable Lover

7,500 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Cheated? I question that too.

But if it was more of the referree's fault on making bad calls in this match. Netherlands didn't deserve most of those yellow cards!

And Iniesta, dived alot of times. His acting was pretty good and it looks like the ref bought it. Lucky Iniesta didn't get a foul. I swear de Jong (NED) and Puyol (ESP) should have been sent off. Seriously.

I mean, Robben and Sneijder tried to explain their case (even though Sneijder doesn't really speak English, as what I heard.) And when de Jong kicked Alonso's chest, that should have been a red card. Come on.

So it isn't that the teams cheated (although it's unfair to dive and pull or kick the other footballers..)

It's the choice (or the performance) of the referree that was horrible.
Year Russia cheated so did Turkey and Hungry

4,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
No one.

The referees are the only cheaters here.

mad

I mean De-Jong's kick was a red card. (Should've been) .. and also Iniesta pushing Van Bommel in purpose.

3,350 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Triple H is Awesome
I think the Netherlands
i d0 n0t kn0 but GERMANY RULES!!
Etinelle

But if it was more of the referree's fault on making bad calls in this match. Netherlands didn't deserve most of those yellow cards!

And Iniesta, dived alot of times. His acting was pretty good and it looks like the ref bought it. Lucky Iniesta didn't get a foul. I swear de Jong (NED) and Puyol (ESP) should have been sent off. Seriously.

I mean, Robben and Sneijder tried to explain their case (even though Sneijder doesn't really speak English, as what I heard.) And when de Jong kicked Alonso's chest, that should have been a red card. Come on.

So it isn't that the teams cheated (although it's unfair to dive and pull or kick the other footballers..)

It's the choice (or the performance) of the referee that was horrible.

I agree. More yellow AND red cards should have been dealt. The referee was entirely too lenient.
It was a dirty match -- in the words of the German commentator "Every fifteen seconds comes a foul."
He was right. Spain cheated, Holland cheated -- everybody cheated. The ref should have paid closer attention or, preferably, replaced.
I know, in Ghana vs. Uruguay, Some uruguay player slapped one of Ghanas teammate, and that didn't cost any cards scream scream That was seriously messed up

Mega Shopper

39,200 Points
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Object of Affection 150
adeepeningheart
Etinelle

It's the choice (or the performance) of the referee that was horrible.

I agree. More yellow AND red cards should have been dealt. The referee was entirely too lenient.
It was a dirty match -- in the words of the German commentator "Every fifteen seconds comes a foul."
He was right. Spain cheated, Holland cheated -- everybody cheated. The ref should have paid closer attention or, preferably, replaced.

This.

4,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
Etinelle

I really did not like the ref, in my opinion. He may have been a little too soft for Nederlands, but he didn't give hardly any yellow cards to spain at all. I mean, I don't get it... is it just me, or is someone out there pissed off at the referee.
I'm half spanish half dutch (xD) but that game was unfair. I don't know whether the referee was biased or not, but when spanish were about to score, it was offside! And when its offside, you get a free kick. If the referee had said anything, there wouldn't be a goal for spain.

Versatile Entrepreneur

5,100 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hellraiser 500
well the reason why some teams where cheating is beacuse the reffs are linked and they tell eachother to look at something and they look and when they make a goal. they tell them what is it a fault or goal? so they decide to say "i didnt see it so its fault" the teams wernt actually cheating its the refs that are bing morons. but not to be mean but they shouldnt be ******** linked to anything not even to each other.

1,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Signature Look 250
Puyol shouldn't have been sent off. I don't think he did that spinny kick thing on purpose, why would he. I'm thinking he was stumbling, and got lucky he didn't hit the other player.

Now, de Jong. HE needed that red card. Idk wtf was up with Webb, but he should have seen it. The Netherlands played dirty as s**t, and there's no denying it. They're bigger and stronger than the spanish players, they could dominate without getting aggressive. But, in the end, the team who was dominating won. And that's what I think.

Iniesta should stop diving, yes, but it's just as bad as all the Dutch fouls.
no one cheeted its just the rrefts that dont call everything and spain one because their good.

1,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Signature Look 250
Silent_Lover_09
Etinelle

I really did not like the ref, in my opinion. He may have been a little too soft for Nederlands, but he didn't give hardly any yellow cards to spain at all. I mean, I don't get it... is it just me, or is someone out there pissed off at the referee.
I'm half spanish half dutch (xD) but that game was unfair. I don't know whether the referee was biased or not, but when spanish were about to score, it was offside! And when its offside, you get a free kick. If the referee had said anything, there wouldn't be a goal for spain.

It. Was. Not. Offside.

Iniesta was perfectly ONSIDE when he got the ball and kicked it. It's not a question, it was replayed over and over and it's onside.

WATCH.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces