Welcome to Gaia! ::

I just don't get it.....why is this world cup thingie so big??? confused

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
oReO_cOoKiE1224

^^u know wats funny? i tried 2 make a thread bout this 2(except it was called 'i just don't get it.') & mite i add, it was very successful! got at least 60 replies. but most of them weren't very nice..... & i even got in a fight /w 1 of them(i won of course!;3). so don't say i didn't warn u......:/
If you don't "get it" then just don't watch. Personally I don't "get" what's so great about golf or basketball or NASCAR. To each his/her own. Just do your thing and try not to tick everyone else off.

But as for why it's so big, the answer is obvious. There is no other sport in the world that is so competitive on the international stage. Almost every country in the world has a football team (even the Faroe Islands field a team and compete). No other sport can boast that, not even rugby or cricket and certainly none of the 4 major North American sports.
oReO_cOoKiE1224

different people have different tastes. nobody's asking you to watch it..

Dedicated Exhibitionist

31,500 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Nebula Novice 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
oReO_cOoKiE1224

I did not get it either for a long time either.

Its about team spirit and naional pride coupled with friendly tournament. The world cup and the olympics are pretty much some of the most important events that occur annually. They bring nations together under the spirit of games and a thirst to prove themselves. They inspire patriotism and a world-wide bond that streatches across contries and continents.

Now American football, THATS what I dont get.
BrainwasherDetectiveHisui
If you don't "get it" then just don't watch. Personally I don't "get" what's so great about golf or basketball or NASCAR. To each his/her own. Just do your thing and try not to tick everyone else off.

But as for why it's so big, the answer is obvious. There is no other sport in the world that is so competitive on the international stage. Almost every country in the world has a football team (even the Faroe Islands field a team and compete). No other sport can boast that, not even rugby or cricket and certainly none of the 4 major North American sports.
Agreed.

Tipsy Kitten

Because you touch yourself at night!

K i d d i n g
but seriously what does it matter?
I like soccer so I get it!
You obviously don't
(Because you touch yourself at night)
I hate other sports *Cough* GOLF *cough*
But some people love it and even pay-per-view it!
So to you it isn't big but to people who like soccer
its huge its sorta like if all the greatest artist's in the world had a contest
Or all the greatest gamers in the world had a giant call of duty war
Get it?
There's a clue in the name. It's the world cup. It's not just an american sport.

Tipsy Kitten

Agreed
Soccer is the most popular sport in the world

good point...
WHY????!!!!! CUZ SOCCER IS THE MOST POPULAR SPORT IN DA WORLD!!!! stare

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Informer 100
  • Member 100
GLAD THE FIFA IS OVER AND DONT HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT UNTIL 2014 HATE THE FIFA scream

Sparkly Bloodsucker

its only once every four years!
oReO_cOoKiE1224

mee ethier

2,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
oReO_cOoKiE1224
idk know i mean i dont even watch sports and u got all these people around u saying omg they won and than im like..........this is so boring

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff