Yo! My names Yoh Asakura, but you can call me Yoh. I'm a Shaman from Izumo and my spirit partner is a 600 year old samurai, Amidamaru. I'm also engaged to Anna Kyouyama, it might not look like it at first glance, but we do love eachother... It's one of those relationships were you don't have to say
anything... Hajimemashite! *Bows*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Facts about me
Yoh, hailing from Izumo, Shimane Prefecture, Japan, is a slacker and wants to become Shaman King so that he could lead an easy life, as well as to fulfill his promise to his fianc'e. His fianc'e, Anna Kyouyama, is pushing him into being the Shaman King. Yoh's grandparents paired them up in an arranged marriage in order to keep the family bloodline going.
Yoh's best friend is the panicky Manta Oyamada . As the story progresses, Yoh's adversaries are often won over by his good nature and become his allies in the Shaman Tournament. Yoh attends Shinra Private Academy along with Anna Kyouyama and Manta, in Class C in the 7th grade.
Yoh is 13 years old. He was born on May 12 and is a Taurus. His blood type is A. In the manga, by the time the preliminaries are over and the final tournament starts, he has become 15 years old.
Yoh is part of the Funbari Hotspring Team (Team Asakura in the English anime). It is stated in the first volume of the manga that Yoh's name means "Leaf" in Japanese. His favourite musician, "SOUL BOB", is a reference to Bob Marley.
Facts about me:
*I sometimes wear a shirt with a marijuana leaf on it, my comforter even has them all over it! ^^ In Japan, we don't exactly know what it means, we think it stands for "Canada"... Funny, huh? ((Thanks to a friend of mine that went to Japan recently and told me this!)) Also, the leaf on my stuff represents my name, which means leaf! ^^
*My favorite Singer is Soul Bob. Man, Bob Love is the best! heart
Anna can like Ringo Urami uta as much as she wants, but Bobs the best to me! Heeheehee ^o^
*I hate to be hated... When I was growing up, kids my age said hurtful things to me because I was a shaman, things like, "Demon child" and "Freak". It's really hurtful... *Sniffle* ;___;
That's all I can think of for now, but if I remember anything else about myself, then I'll be sure to let you all know! 3nodding
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Facts about my spirit buddy, Amidamaru
Amidamaru is the spirit ally of Yoh Asakura. Amidamaru, a samurai, died at the age of twenty four during the Muromachi era of Japan (1334-1467). Always sticking by Yoh's side, he is loyal, trustworthy and can enter Yoh's sword through integration. Amidamaru is very powerful but quite taciturn and extremely devoted to "Yoh-dono".
His name is based on the Buddha Amitabha, the principal figure in the Pure Land Buddhist sect. Amidamaru was born on January 6 and is a Capricorn. His blood type was A.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Me and Amidamaru's abilities
* Ko-Oni Strike (小鬼ストライク) - I learned this technique from my grandfather Yohmei and used it when I was 10 years old. I can create three tiny leaf Shikigamis and send them flying towards my target. This is a weak attack however.
* Okyō (御経)- I learned this technique from Anna. By chanting a prayer (the Sankiraimon or the Three Refuges Prayer), I can make a spirit pass on to the afterlife. This technique only works on spirits that have some understanding of or belief in the Buddhist teachings though, which is seen when I attempted to use the technique on Silva's ghosts, and Amidamaru was almost sent to heaven instead... Oops sweatdrop
* Chō Senji-Ryakketsu Fumon Tonkou (超占事略決-巫門遁甲) - This was taught to me by Anna, where a shaman can read the flow of furyoku and determine where the opponent may attack next.
* Chō Senji-Ryakketsu Mikazuka no Harae (超占事略決 - 三日月ノ祓) - This final technique was left to me by Matamune and I used this technique to exorcise the Oni Anna created. Matamune had to pass on because of this technique. ;___;
Shinkuu Buddhagiri (真空仏陀切り, Shock Wave Buddha-Giri)
It's a technique Amidamaru developed in life to strike at adversaries from a distance. It breaks the air with a slash and forces out a powerful shockwave at the adversary. Through constant "Spirit Integration" I learned this technique through muscle memory.
An attack similar to the Shockwave Buddha-Giri. This is Amidamaru's original technique. The first time he performed it was when he used Hyoi Gattai at 100% for the first time against Tao Ren. In Oversoul mode, it was performed for the first time after coming out from the cave of Yomi.
* Amidamaru Shield (阿弥陀丸シールド)- Amidamaru's oversoul can change its shape and take the form of a shield which is similar to the armor Amidamaru wears on his shoulders.
Dai Gokōjin (大後光刃)
The attack is like an enhanced version of the GokouJin with a bigger range when I used the Spirit of Sword.
* Oversoul missile - When I use the double medium, I can launch energy out of the weapon to propel myself towards my opponent. I used this to attack the Spirit of Fire after it absorbed the King of Spirits.
The ultimate technique of my SOS~Byakkou Over Soul. This technique was discovered during my training in Hell. In essence, it's a powerful thrust of the Over Soul's sword which pierces "the very soul".
~The song playing right now is called "With Determined Passion" and it's actually sung by yours truly! *Blushes
* If you don't like it, I recommend turning your volume down, because I don't know how to stop it! sweatdrop