Hey there! I'm Rachael.I joined Gaia in 2006
and I've been on this account since 2007. I returned to Gaia in 2020 after a few years' hiatus, and it's really good to be back!
I'm feeling a bit lost, though! I'd like to make some new friends on here and find out about what I've missed and what's new. I'd also like to find some people to play zOMG! with, so I can work on my kill badges and actually finish the storyline. I'm hoping to give my avi a modern makeover, too, and maybe upgrade my profile to something customized and cool.
If you want to play zOMG! or chat, drop me a line any time—profile comments are particularly welcome. Sorry, I don't accept random friend requests!
I like to get to know people first 😊
I should note that I have zero issues with blocking people who are rude—to me, to others, or to Gaia staff. I'm here to have a good time, so I don't put up with bad behavior. I also believe in being kind to others—or at the very least, simply decent. The fact that Gaia is an online space and not a physical one doesn't suddenly grant someone the right to be a jerk or release their aggressions on others. Remember the golden rule: treat others as you would want to be treated. If you can't do that, then you aren't someone I want to interact with.
About yours truly:
• 33 years old, she/her pronouns
• American expat living in the UK. (Born in Massachusetts, raised in Michigan, honed in Los Angeles, settled in the West Midlands!)
• I love
Supernatural! (I ship and write fanfiction, but it's okay if you don't 🙂)
• I'm working on my undergrad degree in linguistics and literature. I love talking about words, language, and the craft of writing. One day I'd like to be an editor at a publishing house or small press, but for right now I work in a freelance capacity, and I beta read in my fandom! ✏️
• My boyfriend and I were in a long-distance relationship for 9 years. We've known each other for 18 years, been together for 11, and lived together for 2.
• We own a tea company! I manage our inventory and help our customers. If you have questions about tea—especially matcha—ask away 🍵
• I'm talkative and I like long conversations! gaia_angelleft
Stuff I love:
hearts, glitter, being alone, reading, forget-me-nots, writing, woodland creatures, pastries, lists, forests, fandom, when something I read or watch makes me cry, Joshua Tree National Park, cats, meadows, when I’m listening to music as I’m walking and I feel like a badass, slang, nail polish, finding animal bones, staying home, mountains, whiskey, etymology, natural light, tea (Earl Grey and English breakfast), the dreams I have at night, overcast skies, windows, cookies/biscuits, watercolor, autumn, sleep, Angeles National Forest, driving on American highways, chocolate, advice forums/columns, internet culture, anti-jokes, being buzzed, photography, birds, rain…