10 Errors that will destroy Worker Engagement
Workers will be the backbone of any organization. For just about any organization to fly high in the horizon of success it is important they have a strong foundation of work force support. A channelized attempt of all of the workers towards achievement of a common aim leads in a short span of time to success. But any organization, be it professional or private requires commitment and care from both the sides mutually. A happy employee is an employee that is bonded would be dedicated and productive and a bonded employee and would surely align his activities towards achievement of the organizational goal. Specific crucial points that will be taken good care of by the align their efforts towards the vision of firm and to retain the employees are as stated below.
1. Hygiene of the work place: Workers have to be healthy to perform and give their best. A tidy and hygienic work place is required to keep the workers healthy and hearty. An unorganized and cluttered work station kills the motivation and reduces the productivity degree of the workers. Appropriate cleanliness needs to be kept at the work place that includes the dining and washroom space also.
2. Work Timings: Work timings must not be unnecessarily exaggerated as it might sometimes be problematic for the workers to cope with it. This aspect should be looked after particularly for female employees. People must balance both these facets at once and work for his or her families. Following the scheduled work time in the event the workers are asked to stay back and work on a regular basis they are bound to feel disconnected and also would begin looking for other opportunities.
3. Personal Connect: The HR department should try to construct a personal rappo and link together with the workers as it could boost up their dedication degree. If the management values the personal interest of its workers and stands in their own bad and good times, it will help encourage a good work culture. Celebrating birthdays and some other particular days will make them feel acknowledged as individuals and not just an employee and important.
4. Benefits and Recognition: An attempt made is an effort waste if not recognized on time. The Communication plan motivation behind good work is recognition and the benefits attached to it. Attempts and good results of the workers should always be recognized and rewarded in time. This keeps the motivation level high and acts to perform better each time. A sound rewards and recognition policies help the business in gaining and retaining valuable ability and enhance the goodwill and brand value of the firm.
5. Communication Difference: A powerful communication network aligns the management as well as the workers towards common aim. The workers should feel liberated to discuss their heart out if they've any concerns and must know of the communication channels. A two way effective communication system helps them know and comprehend each other better and gives clarity of ideas to both management as well as the workers. Communicating difference contributes to difference in the thinking process which in turn hampers work culture and the trust factor of the business.
6. Proper Metrics for Grievance Handling: Trust is a fundamental characteristic of any association. An employer employee relationship built on trust has a solid foundation for long-term future attempts. Workers should know of these rights and right routes to handle their concerns. There ought to be a well maintained link with all privacy settings whole without emphasizing the individual concerned, to address grievances of its workers.
7. Regular Interaction: the milestones reached and There needs to be the direction defining the short-term aims and regular interactive sessions involving the workers. This provides a bigger picture to the workers and helps them relate their individual goals to that of the organization. These routine interactions could take the kind of Webinars, Seminars or Hi-tea corporate get together where thoughts can be exchanged and workers get a system to talk about their input on important issues associated with the corporation. This involves them more in the organization and fosters the initiative and engagement amount of the employees.
8.Ethnic Esteem: where people from various spiritual and ethnic backgrounds work together Together With the shifting market dynamics businesses have adapted a cosmopolitan culture. The companies ought to be aware, reverence and inculcate all worth that are respectful in its workforce for these diversified cultures.
9.Mundane work Culture: slowly the productivity level goes down, If an organization sticks into a work structure where employees are likely to work always without any recreational activities being included in the work schedule. Recreational activities like team trips, business get together celebrating various festivals or family day together keeps the employees happy and motivated.
10. With all the necessity of the hour at times they need to be traveling, late night, or working. In such events it becomes the prime responsibility of the institution to take all possible measures to provide a work environment that is safe to them. When they will have any there must be a quick and firm action with respect for their security issues.