Make a vat application for vat registration and vat refunds

If you are planning to market services or goods in Britain then you might soon have to turn into a VAT registered trader in order to achieve it you will need to make a vat application for vat registration and vat refunds in the foreseeable future. It is however, important that you get the application right the first time around for seamless integration to the vat tax system.

The UK along with the majority of the eu countries have shifted to vat or value added tax for taxing services and goods available in their respective countries and even re-exported from those countries. If your trading business deals in a very small scale to individual end-users then you might not have to sign up for vat since this will allow you to keep your costs in a lower level. However, when your sales touch the vat threshold limit of 70,000 sterling pounds within the previous 12 months or if you think that this figure could be achieved in the coming 30 days then you will need to make an application for vat registration.

In Britain all vat rules are issued and managed by Her Majesty?s Revenue and Customs department or hmrc. In case your sales have reached the vat threshold limit or if you think that you have to issue vat invoices to any or all your clients then you definitely should submit an application for vat certification to the hmrc. It is possible to achieve this by making a web-based application, especially if you are a person running your own business. You can simply fill a vat form referred to as VAT 1 online and submit it online to hmrc vat department. In case your organization be a partnership, a firm, a trust, a charity, or any other type of organization you may download the applicable vat application form but will have to print it at your end, fill it up and dispatch it physically to hmrc.

If the hmrc vat department does not have any additional queries upon receiving the application then you can certainly expect your vat certificate to reach within 30 days. Thus, if you wish to receive your vat registration without any hiccups you then should hire a vat agent who has knowledge of uk vat and even eu vat systems so that there's complete adherence to all vat rules. Your vat agent may also guide you during filing of vat returns.

If you import goods or services from other eu countries which have already charged you vat on the same then you'll again need to make a vat refund application to recover that double-taxed amount. Again, your vat agent can make necessary vat applications for vat refunds within the stipulated time. This will help redirect vital funds back into your business. Since all applications associated with vat tend to be of time-bound nature, it is important that you file them well within the stipulated time frame.

If you want to charge vat to your clients then you'll have to apply for vat registration to the hmrc once your business becomes entitled to this kind of move. You should enrol the help of an expert vat agent so that your vat application qualifies instantly plus your vat registration and future vat refunds are awarded without problems.