* Today, we killed both of the best known American born al Qaeda leaders, Anwar al-Awlaki, the head of the Arabian peninsula cell; and the guy who runs the Inspire pro-terrorism online magazine. It's looking like a Saudi Arabian intelligence agency helped the CIA find them in Yemen. There is some question of legality
* Republicans in Michigan are pushing a law to send teachers to prison for a year if they even write the word Union in an email, let alone actually try to form one. Small government my hairy a**. Remember, the first Amendment is not for teachers, best to round them up and toss them in with the rapists, murderers and armed ribbers. i mean writing the word union is as bad as murder, right?
* Psybelle suggests this site for occupy Wallstreet news: http://occupytogether.org/
* I don't think I've mentioned that for the most part, the ordinary cops seem to be behaving well, it's mostly the higher ups who are randomly beating and pepper spray unarmed, non-violent protesters.
* In my city, people demonstrating in favour of the Post office have joined the permanent Peace demonstration downtown.
* The NRA is now claiming the proof the President is coming to take your guns is that he is not coming for your guns. As is often the case with right wing illogic, trying to follow it hurts my head.
* Added 1:30AM: eventually his meds kicked in and he took a nap. Luckily before i throttled him.
* Seth McFarlane likened President Obama to sheriff Bart from Blazing Saddles. I'm still turning that over in my head. It's a fascinating image, really, and I can see what he means. Still, I keep picturing President Obama and Joe Biden switching roles with Sheriff Bart and whatever Gene Wilder's character was called, imagining them doing each other's jobs.
* "Putting Some Soul And The Capital 'T' In TBLG History Month:" http://transgriot.blogspot.com/2011/10/putting-some-soul-and-capital-t-in-tblg.html
* "What Residual Male Privilege?:" http://transgriot.blogspot.com/2011/09/what-residual-male-privilege.html
* On that horrible thing Herman Cain said about black people: http://transgriot.blogspot.com/2011/09/shut-up-fool-awards-last-day-of.html
* "Can't stop the signal:" http://lurkitty.livejournal.com/485409.html
* Scratch and sniff New York: http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/09/28/scratch-n-sniff-book-on-new-york-concrete-jungle-where-smells-are-everywhere-is-coming-soon/
* Iconic Dresses of the Twentieth Century(nothing before the 40's alas, but some of these are gorgeous): http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/09/valerie_steele_picks_the_most.html#photo=1
* Cool thing on the Colosseum hypogeum's engineering: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/Secrets-of-the-Colosseum.html
* Iconic Photos Recreated in LEGOs: http://flavorwire.com/214369/iconic-photos-recreated-in-legos
* Moment of zen: http://lettersfromtitan.tumblr.com/post/10876987505
* Robot Smut (NWS): http://metaquotes.livejournal.com/7544522.html?style=mine#cutid1
* Pretty: http://lettersfromtitan.tumblr.com/post/10808412956/milodrums-beingevil-amazing-i-cant
* "Trans representation wishlist:" http://arsmarginal.wordpress.com/2011/09/29/trans-wishlist/
* Rachel Maddow, Inalienable rights should not be subject to voting: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddow_show/#44725449
Manage Your Items