I saw most of the President's inspirational "Press on" speech. I see it's being deliberately misrepresented in most mainstream media as being pretty much the opposite as what it was about. Sigh.
* You may notice I pretty much ignore the straw polls. This is because they aren't indicative of much, except a handful of people being involved in Republican fund raisers. hence me not making much of Bachmann winning Iowa or Herman Cain winning the Florida one.
* They have reintroduced the Trans Rights Bill in the Canadian Parliament. I wish y'all luck!
* Why declawing should be outlawed: http://lurkitty.livejournal.com/485272.html?view=2392728&style=mine#t2392728
* I wish my library had this book: http://slatebreakers.com/2011/09/26/review-a-wish-after-midnight-by-zetta-elliott/#more-519
* Aboriginal Australians were the first to leave Africa: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/09/110922141858.htm
* Interesting findings from Jordon: http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story_s.asp?StoryId=1093444209&src=RSS
* Thing on how volcanic gasses changed the paint colours on murals at Pompeii: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/sep/22/pompeii-red-yellow
I used to make a lot of pottery. The chemistry of glazes fascinated me. The colour of the finished glaze is usually quite different from how it looks before the kiln. it sounds like something similar happened with some of the paint here, though it sounds like there need to be more studies to see the exact extent of the changes.
* Interesting Mayan burial: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/09/pictures/110922-rare-mayan-female-ruler-tomb-found-guatemala/?now=2011-09-22-00:01
* Pre-Incan sacrifices ant art photographs 9scroll down): http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/214940/20110916/remains-of-ancient-human-sacrifices-unearthed-in-peru-huanchaquito-trujillo-religious-ceremony-of-th.htm
* Mummy abandoned in the street in Lima; http://www.newkerala.com/news/2011/worldnews-71398.html
* Stone Age Swedish villagers put heads on pikes: http://www.thelocal.se/36226/20110919/
* The history of restaurants: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/how-the-tables-turned-in-18thcentury-france-2359738.html
* This is beautiful: http://ofanotherfashion.tumblr.com/post/10608750723/a-portrait-of-an-african-american-woman-in
* Elegant cake: http://cakewrecks.squarespace.com/home/2011/9/25/sunday-sweets-simply-stunning.html
Manage Your Items