disclaimer: you already know Everything i am about to tell you, it's just that sometimes you forget.
1. Humans are social creatures, with social needs
2. some Humans are biologically predispositioned to have greater or lesser social requirements.
3. when our Social Requirements are seemingly unmet, we become Lonely.
4. when this Feeling lasts for prolonged periods, it affects our Personality in Negative and Self-Defeating ways.
5. these modifications in personality include: irritability, defensiveness, over-sensitivity, shyness, and finally Depression (among other related words).
6. these modifications increase the Conditions which lead to loneliness by chasing away most (hopefully not all) healthy relationships we have.
the consequences: beyond having a sucky social life, Loneliness (depression, and anger) increase the risk of degenerative diseases such as heart disease, cancer - as well as increase the Rate of the aging process. (..seriously, in a serious way)
the good news: it does not matter (at all, not one bit) how many social connections you have or how often you interact with them. All that matters is how you view your own social situation & interaction.
the advice: pick yourself up, dust yourself off, its not that bad - and if it really is that bad - cool, because looking at it this way will only make it worse.
the soundtrack (that goes with all this): Radiohead - Just
sources: this journal is not a product of opinion. these are the findings of modern psychology, sociobiology, and game-theory studies. actual sources available upon request.
View User's Journal
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.