Reply General Sports Discussion
Who will pass the HR record after A-rod Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luskin3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:33 pm
I'm really dissapointed with Griffey jr. He has maybe the best swing ever. He has not took steroids. If he didn't get injured he would have around 790 hrs.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:54 pm
I'm voting on the Prince. If they pitch it to him right he bats them out like its nothing. His homer last night was RIDICULOUS.

I'm proud of my Braun too. He's certainly made his mark since moving up in May. He has only been in the majors since MAY and is doing so well. An error tonight, but eh, they can't all be perfect.

HZK

Luskin3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:09 am
HZK
I'm voting on the Prince. If they pitch it to him right he bats them out like its nothing. His homer last night was RIDICULOUS.

I'm proud of my Braun too. He's certainly made his mark since moving up in May. He has only been in the majors since MAY and is doing so well. An error tonight, but eh, they can't all be perfect.
Braun has so much better a chance of beating the record than Prince does but they wont beat it. Neither of them will. It took 33 years to have someone beat Hanks record.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:28 am
like it has been said A-rod, if he stays healthy will smash the record...
give him 8 more years till hes 40 or 41 at 40 home runs a year gives him 820

35 a year gives him 780

thats pretty conservative

after him, Pujols and Fielder who is still real young but may have durability issues being a bigger guy  

Anghellic Royalty

Batman go rawr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:29 am
I think it's hard to predict now, but probably Ken Griffey Jr., and then some young prospect that we've never heard of will break it sometime in the future.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:16 am
Possibly...just possibly Prince Fielder.

He's 23, and this year he's hit 33 homers already. Keep up that pace, and definately.  

Jcsb1993

Army of Adam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:31 am
may be adam dunn if he came to a smaller ball park  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:16 pm
stressed I can´t believe you guys are already trying to predict who will break the home run record! This is ridiculous; A-Rod is too inconsistent to tell whether he will do it or not. Albert Pujols maybe, but still, come on! This is one of the biggest records in sports!  

doc.hyphae

big_man_9221

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:06 pm
doc.hyphae
stressed I can´t believe you guys are already trying to predict who will break the home run record! This is ridiculous; A-Rod is too inconsistent to tell whether he will do it or not. Albert Pujols maybe, but still, come on! This is one of the biggest records in sports!

A-rod will pass the record and tell me how is he inconsistent!?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:01 am
dp07
I think it's hard to predict now, but probably Ken Griffey Jr., and then some young prospect that we've never heard of will break it sometime in the future.
KEN GRIFFEY JR.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you serious. Griffey has 600 hrs and is like 37. with all his injuries I doubt he'll beat it. Plus, in 8 years when A-rods beaten it, Griffey will be long gone.  

Luskin3

HZK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:44 pm
Luskin3
HZK

Braun has so much better a chance of beating the record than Prince does but they wont beat it. Neither of them will. It took 33 years to have someone beat Hanks record.

Not necessarily.

After last night's game they were tied for number of HRs since May 25th, when Braun was brought back up. 22 a pop.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:41 am
HZK
Luskin3
HZK

Not necessarily.

After last night's game they were tied for number of HRs since May 25th, when Braun was brought back up. 22 a pop.
bUT, LOOK AT how many home runs Prince had last year.  

Luskin3

Tanguerro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:44 pm
bigman_9221
doc.hyphae

A-rod will pass the record and tell me how is he inconsistent!?

One year he may hit 60 homers, the next year 30. Yeah, I think you guys should be saying who´s going to surpass Bonds, not A-Rod. A-Rod is great, but unpredictable. He might do it, but he might not.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:56 pm
After Arod Ryan Howard will break it or atleast come close. 05NL ROY and 06 NL MVP. fastest player to 100 Hr's and wen he was in Low A ball in the town next to me hes second in Homeruns there. Thats raw talent and power.  

BIG PIMPIN 91

big_man_9221

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:30 am
Jcsb1993
Possibly...just possibly Prince Fielder.

He's 23, and this year he's hit 33 homers already. Keep up that pace, and definately.

He does a slim chance but he can widen that if he starts hitting more or atleast keep up his pace and he is well on his way to being one of tops on the HR list.  
General Sports Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff