Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tinuu
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:23 pm
WELL? WHAT'D YOU THINK.

By the way, I never doubted Snape for a second.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:13 pm
I could've done without the epilogue. i wish I hadn't read it to be honest, i'd rather make up my own story. :/

other than that i liked it. There may have been a bit too much packed into it, but it sure tied up a lot of loose ends.

(i just finished it an hour ago since it took my mom a week to read it biggrin )  

oi-roisin-dubh

Tinuu
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:14 pm
I actually fully expected Harry to kick the bucket. I thought it would've been better if he had. I mean, I guess all the diehar fans would be screaming in rage, but I thought it would've made for a more sensitive, dramatic ending.

And I didn't really like the epilogue either...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:24 am
hmm...yeah, I didn't think the epilogue was needed...but then again, maybe Rowling put it in there for her own reasons. But, all in all, I thought it was the best book.  

Alphabet Whore

Excited_Calm

6,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:53 pm
Me thinks the epilogue was put in there because of the fans. whee Peer pressure x1000. Pointless it was, whatever the reason.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:04 am
One the reasons people assumed Harry Potter was going to die for J.K Rowlings reasons would be so no-one could continue writing about him sweatdrop however the epilogue keeps harry alive and also gives a way for not having anyone continuing her story...not many people right about people in their 30s for childrens books unless animal creature people...well in england anyway. though i guess they could write about their kids though everyone would say rip off or something or other... but anyway they did pack a bit too much in and made far too many pointless references to previous books so it was one in which forced to read others to get. I guess i liked the plot of Snape ending up a good guy but too much death of all good charaters. and i think too sudden of percy returning to side without any talk before hand or anything.

(yes i am actually apart of guild and was reading since posted as thread...but intimidating being 97% girls in this guild...sigh...)

JimmyMhimmyMaguin

amsdia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:09 pm
I put Deathly Hallows on the shelf next to the other books, and noticed how much thinner it was as compared to GoF, OotP and HBP. Methinks Rowling has finally rediscovered the wonders of editing. Joy! It's a pity she completely forgot such a thing existed for books four through six. It's because of more stringent editing [I believe] that this book gelled together a lot better than any of the other books outside of Prisoner of Azkaban.

I thought the epilogue was rather redundant, myself - and far too neat and perfect to be real. I can understand wanting a happy ending, but this was just too unreal. It's like - after putting Harry through hell and killing him a couple of times, Rowling relents and gives him his happy ending with a wife and house with a white picket fence [Privet Drive?!] and 2.1 kids [okay, more than that]. It doesn't make sense to me that life can be so nicely and neatly tied up like that.

I have to say, Remus annoyed me in this book. Which annoyed me in turn because I liked Remus before this book. But right from the beginning in Deathly Hallows, when Remus all but told Harry he was an idiot for wanting to believe in his friends - well, Remus might be jaded and disillusioned, but I think it's a very sad man who can't trust anyone. I wanted to think that Remus was better than that. I did go "HA!" when Harry defeated Voldemort with Expelliarmus, though. =P

Rowling did a good job of tying up most of the loose ends from the other books. I didn't foresee the Invisibility Cloak being so very important, I have to say, and I loved the bit where Xenophilius was going "A cloak that will never wear out! Ever seen one like that, eh? Didn't think so!" and the trio are sitting there thinking, "Er, yes... we have it here now..." Sheer brilliance.

And Ron. Ron. How I love thee, Ron. heart He had some brilliant one-liners in this book, and was so quintessentially Ron it's amazing. A lot of the other characters have changed dramatically, but Ron - well, he's grown up some, but other than that he's still the same old Weasley. It was lovely seeing him overcome his own little demons during that incident with the Horcrux. Makes me want to slap all the Ron-bashing fanfic authors out there. *is thoroughly sick of that*

Ginny still annoyed me though. No matter how much I try, I just can't like her. She was doomed from the third book, really. I mean, the reason for the second book was Ginny, right? She was the one who was possessed and had to be rescued by Harry et. al? After that, I was expecting she'd become a part of the group. She suffered a traumatic experience, and Harry saved her, and after that... neither of them so much as speaks to each other? And then suddenly she reappears in OotP and she's Beautiful and Lively and Vivacious and Witty and Charming and Able To Give The Twins A Run For Their Money... a total Mary Sue, in other words.

It is a sad day when a canon character is a Mary Sue.

And that is why I don't like Ginny, and [probably mostly] why the picture-perfect epilogue so annoys me. Bah.

[/ramble]  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:06 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Houses of Hogwarts

err....

am I interrupting something??
Cause I didn't read the book yet (hosnap!) but already knew the epilogue.. (lol.. spoilers are fun!)

anyway... take the test and post what did you got!! XD (darn.. Gaia is confusing me... gonk and I just woke up!)

I think I'll edit this post once I've read the story.. be prepared J.K.Rowling!! Ally's gonna make your book trash!! twisted *evil laugh* (not completely though... )  

sukuiddo

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200

amsdia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:18 am
Quote:
anyway... take the test and post what did you got!! XD

*obliges!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I personally think I'm half Ravenclaw and half Hufflepuff.

... I'm a Huffleclae? Ravenpuff? Hm...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:33 pm
I got ravenclaw as well, although I'm not really all that surprised.  

Tinuu
Captain

oi-roisin-dubh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:33 pm
i got gryffindor even though on the facebook quiz i got ravenclaw...the sorting hat would have a hard time with me i thinkth. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:13 pm
I got gryffindor, but I took another test somewhere else, and it said I was a slytheran (sorry if I mispelled it, I'm like half awake xp )  

yoruai

gothicbadger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:02 pm
Ravenclaw...meh- fairly respectable I guess.

What I couldn't understand was the 'item of jewellery that makes wearer incredibly angsty and MUST BE DESTROYED'. perhaps I read too many LOTR/HP joke spoilers- but come on...
I have to say that the character who annoyed me most was the 'grey lady', not bad writing- she just got on my nerves stare
I really hope that when the film comes out they don't decide to trim the snape memories chapter, we need more snape biggrin . Plus- I hated the epilogue greatly. Huge 'WTF' on Albus Severus Potter. jebus...

haha, oh yeah- turns out dumbledore was a bit of a wank0r, that made me laugh.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:41 pm
Slytherin!

Sort me!

Oh geez, how did that happen??

I need to read the series now that it's all out. XD Stopped reading it around the 4th one or so- not because I didn't like it, but because it took so long between the 4th and 5th one, if I remember. I'd be happy to read it again, though. I remember thinking Chamber of Secrets was my favorite!  

hatsuu-kun

Immortalcrystal95

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:49 am
...Somehow I got Gryffindor. Meh. I liked the book a lot. I didn't mind the epilogue that much either but I'm a sucker for happy endings so that might be why...  
Honeydew Syndrome

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff