Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
An Endless Universe Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rodyn

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:46 pm
ElladanKenet
So, apparantly the Legacy saga is coming to an end.

Who else will join me in a cheer?  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:15 pm
I probably will.

While the story itself isn't that bad, just so much change (and bad change mind you) has happened.

For instance:

- Making Luke's spawn into some kind of grunge jedi/bounty hunter crossover
- Making one of the best Clone Wars Jedi into a Sith Lord
- Destroying Dac

Plus, though unrelated to the comics, Jacen Solo made a worse Sith Lord than Anakin

*I consider Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader (post-surgery) seperate characters  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:37 am
I dunno, I kind of like the Legacy era. It's a lot more 3 dimensional in the conflicts. Cade's got that rebellious teen angst feel going, but at least he's /trying/ to do something that doesn't link him to the skywalker regime, at least for a while. No offense, but not every skywalker has to become a jedi.

It's a darker time, a more malevolent time. but perhaps I guess I like the fact it's like New Sith Wars, part deux, instead of "Let's hop in the X-wing and defeat the random enemy superweapon!"  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:58 am
I'll concede that point... it's nice to see a Skywlaker who doesn't want to be the hero

And it's also nice to see a competant Empire

I guess mostly, I'm glad the Legacy books is over.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Rodyn

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:26 pm
The only thing I particularly like about the Legacy era is the Fel Empire. Mainly because it's pretty much the only empire in Star Wars that isn't overly malevolent. Just your typical monarchy where any decent being in the galaxy can make a decent life for his/her/itself.  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:18 pm
Fel's empire still has a caste of biggotry to it; they did basically take the Jedi order and chuck it off coruscant for going back to their monastic ways.

I mean, The Jedi are Warrior Monks. So many people think of the jedi as some giant army to fight another war. Yet we have this part in Legacy where they dont' take up arms and start a revolution. When the vong stuff backfires, the Empire throws them out. Then what happens? the jedi make peaceful protest, and bam, thrown out too.

It's biased, but i guess it's more like, "at least we're not xenophobic, just really defensive about our ideologies."

Personally, the legacy books should end. But the comics, if they don't ruin it, big IF there, would be neat to explore. I kind of like the dark setting it has.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:01 pm
I'd be curious to see what went on between the comics and books; good 90 years or so of timeline that goes unexplained

Plus, as much as it's heavily hinted, I wanna see Jagged and Jaina get married and form the Imperial Knights  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:31 pm
Nelowulf
Fel's empire still has a caste of biggotry to it; they did basically take the Jedi order and chuck it off coruscant for going back to their monastic ways.

I mean, The Jedi are Warrior Monks. So many people think of the jedi as some giant army to fight another war. Yet we have this part in Legacy where they dont' take up arms and start a revolution. When the vong stuff backfires, the Empire throws them out. Then what happens? the jedi make peaceful protest, and bam, thrown out too.

It's biased, but i guess it's more like, "at least we're not xenophobic, just really defensive about our ideologies."

Personally, the legacy books should end. But the comics, if they don't ruin it, big IF there, would be neat to explore. I kind of like the dark setting it has.

Yeah, but genocide and slavery isn't seen left and right, like in the case of Palpatine's empire. Or any other Sith-ran empire. At least the Fel Empire maintains a gray-to-light side-ish morality.  

Rodyn

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:35 am
I personally don't mind the comics... but I think everything from the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War onward seriously needs to be chucked in the infinities bin so they can start over. The comics are a nice end point for the books but couldn't they find another way of getting there without all the characters seeming like complete morons?  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:09 am
I like to say that they're all becoming old and senile. What else could possibly explain some of the things they've done?

And I agree, the Fel Empire is actually a real empire that's worth admiring on nearly every level. Do they have problems? Course they do, but a lot of the old corruption, the slavery, wasted resources, etc. has been fixed. Took them 60 years, but they finally did get a streamlined, efficient Empire, complete with it's own sect of force users.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:54 am
Chiss now as far back as 3,600BBY.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:02 am

Gay  

ElladanKenet
Crew