C. Gimme da gold!
28%
 28%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 56

chaoticpuppet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:20 pm
Moppytop
(Sarcasm noted but still making a note)
If Harry p. is so "evil" and magis is so bad for us, then why do we read Shakespeare's work. As I recall, one or the first acts in his play were 3 witches makng a spell. Yet, it is considered reading, understanding and liking the work of shakespeare greatly high-class and smart! But, I DO think that children take it too seriously.

Aren't double standards fun!?

Quote:
In fact, there is a school of witchcraft (but I don't remeber where it is) in America. Strange ,isn't ?

Depends. Is it a school teaching various forms of pagan thought/religion, a school teaching various forms of magic found in different pagan/occult practices, or is it a school that teaches hollywood magic?

If it is either the first or second, no, it's not that strange. If it's the last, it depends on how it goes about the subject. If it goes about the subject as if hollywood magic is real, then it should be made obvious that it is a scam. If it is there to teach people how to write movie scripts, books, shows, involving magic, then there is nothing strange about it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:22 pm
chaoticpuppet
Gilwen, that is completely and utterly silly, I think we both know, perfectly well - might I add - that brainwashing the world, is the absolute best option.

*Falls down laffing* HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH blaugh 4laugh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA blaugh 4laugh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA blaugh 4laugh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH blaugh 4laugh HAHAHAHAA*SNORTSNORT*HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

GOODNITE....!!!!  

Uncouth_Youth

Fighter4Christ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:51 pm
(hahahaha i know a friend who really does snort... i snort too sometimes though..... when im laughing really hard..... never mind i'll get back on topic)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:42 pm
This has been a rather strange thread to read. Not all imaginary or fantasy books have to depict Christianity to be acceptable to Christians. Why would they have to be? I read Sci-Fi and fantasy books because of their imagination and complexity. If I want to escape a while away from this world and all its pressures, it shouldn't be difficult for me to do so in fantasy. I know that is not the real world.

It is probably knowing the difference between reality and fantasy that helps keep a person grounded. If you cannot tell the difference, you definitely don't need to be reading very much of anything (except, perhaps, the Bible!).

Hot lin78  

Hot lin78

ferret658

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:16 am
I'm gonna go with: a kid needs to understand that witchcraft is not to be desired at all. They first need to be sat down by the parents and told that God would not condone such behavior. Also, that the witchcraft in the book is not how it works in real life to discourage the child from wanting to dabble.

I love the Harry Potter books. They are a great escape and that's all they are. An escape from reality.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:00 pm
Isn't Necromancy a sin?  

Xahmen

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out