Reply Honeydew Syndrome
Books and Videogames Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zombie Tainted Coffee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:28 pm
Who needs physical activity? NOT US! D=< So just post books and videogames you enjoy/want to enjoy. Hopefully we can all post some good suggestions for when boredom strikes.

Books I Love/Want

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
This Lullaby by Sarah Dessin
The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessin
Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Everybody Hurts: An Essential Guide to Emo Culture by Trevor Kelley and Leslie Simon
Revolution on Canvas Vol 2: Poetry From the Indie Music Scene by Rich Balling
Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahnuik

Video Games I Love/Want

Resident Evil 4
Paper Mario
Wii Sports
DDR
Harvest Moon
The Sims
Super Princess Peach
Animal Crossing
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
Kingdom Hearts
Zelda
Super Mario Galaxies
Mario Party
Pokemon (It's a really addictive game...and I want the new one...-silence-)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:05 pm
Books
ANYTHING BY NEIL GAIMAN heart (Good Omens, with Terry Pratchett, counts too.)
Lullaby -- Chuck Palahniuk
Battle Royale -- ? I forget.
Hitchhiker's series -- Douglas Adams
A Spot of Bother -- Mark Haddon
The Picture of Dorian Gray -- Oscar Wilde
Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead (..actually it's a play script, BUT WHATEVER) -- Tom Stoppard
The Neanderthal Parallax trilogy -- Robert J. Sawyer
Ring -- Koji Suzuki

Video Games
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Super Mario 64
Sonic Adventure
.hack//InMuOuQu
.hack//GU
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
Katamari Damacy 1 & 2
Animamundi: Dark Alchemist  

Skizzors

Nyang
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:36 pm
Just read Stardust by Neil Gaiman a while back, it was a good book. I've been trying to track down Good Omens forever 'cause all I ever hear are good things about it, but my branch's copy has been stolen or something. >=(

Melusine and Virtu are fantastic, like GAY LOVE AND MILDLY INCESTUOUS AND WHORES. If that didn't get your attention, nothing will. For the record, Nuu recommends it also, because I say so. (And also because she made me read it in the first place.)

AND POKEMON IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL! I've been playing Pokemon Pearl for the last week instead of studying, but I CAN'T STOP!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:40 pm
GAY LOVE? MILDLY INCESTUOUS? OKAY.
I.. think my friend might have one of those, too. xd And I know I've read a fic for the series. Creepy.

And also I suck and forgot:
Phoenix Wright 1 & 2
Hotel Dusk: Room 215  

Skizzors

Nyang
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:46 pm
HOSHIT FIC? LINK PLZZZ. I am always for more Mildmay and Felix in my life. Heck, everyone's lives. (The mildly incestuous brothers. Okay, it's sorta one-way. Okay, it's sorta not incestuous yet. Okay, I actually don't normally like incest, even in yaoi, but I make exceptions for Mildmay and Felix because they're wonderful. Besides, they're half-brothers, so as a friend of mine says, it's "half-okay" ;o)

The fic practically writes itself for this book. >__>ll

PW 1 and 2 love! Phoenix/Edgey = <3 Holy s**t, everything I say comes out having to do with yaoi. But everyone's waiting for PW3 now, yes? It's coming out 09/15 or something this year.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:52 pm
Nyang
HOSHIT FIC? LINK PLZZZ. I am always for more Mildmay and Felix in my life. Heck, everyone's lives. (The mildly incestuous brothers. Okay, it's sorta one-way. Okay, it's sorta not incestuous yet. Okay, I actually don't normally like incest, even in yaoi, but I make exceptions for Mildmay and Felix because they're wonderful. Besides, they're half-brothers, so as a friend of mine says, it's "half-okay" ;o)

The fic practically writes itself for this book. >__>ll

PW 1 and 2 love! Phoenix/Edgey = <3 Holy s**t, everything I say comes out having to do with yaoi. But everyone's waiting for PW3 now, yes? It's coming out 09/15 or something this year.
*shuff shuff shuff* uh.. hang on.

I actually have no problem with incest whatsoever, even IRL.. as long as it's mutual. No rape, no blackmail, no cheating on someone else.. and, for het couples, as long as they adopt to avoid genetic deformities.
So basically as long as they're legally and morally in-line, I see no problem =/ Seems to be very rare finding people who agree with me on that, though.

I can't really see Edge/Phoenix. But I love 'em both.  

Skizzors

Nyang
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:02 pm
xD Holy s**t, apparently NC-17 content is not even allowed via PM. It told me to report people who send me inappropriate content as I checked your PM, it was actually kind of funny.

I'll delete it in case, and I'll be sure to share the fic around. >__>

rofl

I can't wait until I'm done exams so I can loaf around and read yaoi. And play Pokemon. And get Persona 3.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:07 pm
I should re-play Nocturne. And get that gelephant, the one with pierce.
Then I have to like... retrain metatron and beelzy and futomimi.
UURRRGG.  

Tinuu
Captain

Zombie Tainted Coffee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 pm
Ha ha. I leave this thread alone, come back, skim, and all I see is gay, incest, yaoi, NC-17. ROFL.

Saddly, I have read a book by Poppy Z. Brite that covers all of those things...o_o I only just now remembered that.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:23 pm
Zombie Tainted Coffee
Saddly, I have read a book by Poppy Z. Brite that covers all of those things...o_o I only just now remembered that.
Which one? I'm borrowing Lost Souls from a friend, but since I can't read it at school and I rarely read at home.. I keep forgetting about it. ^^;  

Skizzors

oi-roisin-dubh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:28 pm
Right now i'm reading a gem of a book called "Dead I well may Be." It's by a guy named Adrian McKinty.

it's pretty great if you're into mob related going ons, and if you're not I still suggest reading it because it's written with fantastic voice.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:50 pm
Books I Love:
All Harry Potter books
Eragon
Eldest
Meg by Steve Alten
The Trench by the dude above
Gravity by I have no idea
Mutiny (sorry can't spell) on the Bounty by someone I don't know once again... confused

Games I love/Want
Final Fantasy game from VII and above (I need 12)
Baten Kaitos
Chrono Cross
Wii Play
Wii Sports
Super Monkey Ball
Kingdom Hearts (though I suck at it REALLY bad)
Warior Touched
Anything to do with Mario

Meh, that's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I'll go home and be like O.O I can't believe I forgot that one!! LoL, but yeah.

Excited_Calm

6,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Schadenfreud
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:44 pm
Skizzors
Books
ANYTHING BY NEIL GAIMAN heart (Good Omens, with Terry Pratchett, counts too.)
Lullaby -- Chuck Palahniuk
Battle Royale -- ? I forget.
Hitchhiker's series -- Douglas Adams
A Spot of Bother -- Mark Haddon
The Picture of Dorian Gray -- Oscar Wilde
Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead (..actually it's a play script, BUT WHATEVER) -- Tom Stoppard
The Neanderthal Parallax trilogy -- Robert J. Sawyer
Ring -- Koji Suzuki

Video Games
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Super Mario 64
Sonic Adventure
.hack//InMuOuQu
.hack//GU
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
Katamari Damacy 1 & 2
Animamundi: Dark Alchemist

"The Picture of Dorian Gray" is my favorite book right now. ^__^ The Hitchhikers series is awesome, too. So is "The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul", also by Douglas Adams.
I'd like to read "Invisible Cities", "The Virtu", "Peter Pan", and "Norwegian Wood"

Sooo want to play Lamento. And finish ToA. Finally.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:57 pm
Schadenfreud
"The Picture of Dorian Gray" is my favorite book right now. ^__^ The Hitchhikers series is awesome, too. So is "The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul", also by Douglas Adams.
I loved Dorian. <333 Crazy psychos are way cool.

I've read Tea Time too, but didn't like it as much as the Hitchhiker's books.  

Skizzors

Iggie360

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:37 pm
Oh My God Stephenie Meyer! I live in washing ton and my friends and I are going to plan a little thing in Forks!!! this summer.

Hmmm other books.....

any thing by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes or Tamora Perice

Games

Pokemon

old school Sonic and Mario  
Honeydew Syndrome

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items