Reply Debate and Discussion
God's Not Pro-Life Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

foomonster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:04 am
Since I'm tired of christians saying stuff like "abortion is wrong, the bible said so", I shall show you each passages of the bible that clearly advocate abortion.

Hosea 9:11-16 Hosea prays for God’s intervention. “Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. . .Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.”

Numbers 31:17 (Moses) “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.”
Yes, god is saying to kill all the suspected pregnant women, which also kills the fetus.

Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”.
Having the unborn child taken out of the womb...mmhmm, that sounds very pro-life to me.

Edit: Hey, do you see this note? Yeah, start following what it says. DO NOT USE YOUR SIGNATURE IN THIS GUILD. IT HAS A CURSE WORD AND IS OFFENSIVE.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:36 am
I don't mean this as an attack or anything, but it seems to me that following that logic, I would be able to reasonably state that murder is okay as well.  

Rowena Lightwolf

Eveiebear

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:38 am
Yes but have you read the rest of the story behind the brute force? Have you read in between the lines to the lesson God is trying to teach? Apparently not. God does not just do things for no apparent reason. There is always a lesson involved.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:44 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Eveiebear

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

somebodys_PeNgUIN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:45 am
These instances were used to punish peoples for sins. These people that are having their children killed were enemies of God. They had wronged either God's people or God himself. They had partaken of many different sinful practices. It is not safe to say that the bible legalizes abortion in all cases when these were for specific things done against God. And even so, this just proves that God is not pro-choice, since he gave the women having the children no choice in the matter whether they wanted them to live or die.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:46 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Knotghlon

Icy Winds

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:12 pm
The bible, as far as I can tell, is neither pro-life nor pro-choice.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:53 pm
i dont care what you say the bible sez IT IS STILL MURDER. no matter how you look at it it is MURDER you are killing an inocent child for no reason.i say ABORTION IS WRONG AND ALWAYS WILL BE!  

Mystic_moon15

Eveiebear

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:01 pm
Mystic_moon15
i dont care what you say the bible sez IT IS STILL MURDER. no matter how you look at it it is MURDER you are killing an inocent child for no reason.i say ABORTION IS WRONG AND ALWAYS WILL BE!

Um...so do we? What he brought up doesn't look like abortion to me. It looks more like God was taking something precious (or not) from the people as punishment. Plus the kind of people in the verses were against God and very evil...so...yeah.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:02 pm
foomonster
Since I'm tired of christians saying stuff like "abortion is wrong, the bible said so", I shall show you each passages of the bible that clearly advocate abortion.

Hosea 9:11-16 Hosea prays for God?s intervention. ?Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. . .Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.?

Numbers 31:17 (Moses) ?Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.?
Yes, god is saying to kill all the suspected pregnant women, which also kills the fetus.

Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the ?their women with child shall be ripped up?.
Having the unborn child taken out of the womb...mmhmm, that sounds very pro-life to me.

I see you have a good point but ummm yeah.... YOU GOT THIS FROM THE OLD TESTIMENT! IT ALSO SAYS SO SMITE ALL WHO ARE WICKED. Poke your eyes out if you lust for another woman. Clearly the NEW TESTIMENT preaches something different. It preaches of love and kindness.

1)God is sentincing a punishment is seems, read before and after

2)Has nothing to do with abortion... Israel just fought the Midianites. They were making sure that the midianites can no longer have any "seed."

3) A punishment to the samarians. Sorry, but god did punish people a lot back then. But that was beause our sins were not forgiven, now they are, so god doesn't do those things anymore.  

CrazyKat685

Ablazed
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:28 pm
foomonster

Hosea 9:11-16 Hosea prays for God?s intervention. ?Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. . .Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.?

Read through the entire chapter of Hosea. These are the words written by Hosea, not by God.

My God will reject them because they have not obeyed him; they will be wanderers among the nations. (Hosea 9:17)

The entire passage is just wishful thinking on the part of Hosea.

foomonster
Numbers 31:17 (Moses) ?Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.?

Incorrect. God is not the one speaking... Moses is. And let's take a look at some context again, shall we?

15 "Have you allowed all the women to live?" he asked them. 16 "They were the ones who followed Balaam's advice and were the means of turning the Israelites away from the LORD in what happened at Peor, so that a plague struck the LORD's people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. (Numbers 31:15-18 )

Wow. How savage and utterly brutal is that? Save for yourselves the young girls? This is horrible! And no, God is not saying kill all the suspected preganant women. Moses is ordering that every female who is not a virgin be killed. As well as all the males. This was an oddly normal practice back in those times, when an entire people was plundered or taken over by another. The women were taken into captivity as slaves, and everyone else was slain.

It's nauseating that you could take this so out of context.

foomonster
Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the ?their women with child shall be ripped up?.

Funny... this tends to strengthen the argument that unborn children are indeed people. Since they are called "infants", and the loss of such infants would be regarded as a great tragedy by any nation.

And again, you are perverting the context this was meant in.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:33 pm
Risen. Angel.
Mystic_moon15

Um...so do we? What he brought up doesn't look like abortion to me. It looks more like God was taking something precious (or not) from the people as punishment. Plus the kind of people in the verses were against God and very evil...so...yeah.
yanked the words out of my mouth  

Kajitora

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Theopneustos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:34 pm
Rowena Lightwolf
I don't mean this as an attack or anything, but it seems to me that following that logic, I would be able to reasonably state that murder is okay as well.

Yeah, you know, murder is just fine. lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:19 pm
foomonster

foomonster
Hosea 9:11-16 Hosea prays for God’s intervention. “Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. . .Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.”
After reading over this scripture, it sounds a lot like the end days when parents give their children up to death which is Satan acting like he is Jesus. Tyrus is one name use to sybolicly refer to Satan. (Ezekiel 2 cool

foomonster
Numbers 31:17 (Moses) “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.”
It speaks of kill every male childe that has been born and the women fo what looks like that have commident sin by being with Balaa.

foomonster
Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”.
Need to post the whole verse here. Samaria has gotten themselves into trouble with God and this is their punishment.

Hosea 13:16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

foomonster
Edit: Hey, do you see this note? Yeah, start following what it says. DO NOT USE YOUR SIGNATURE IN THIS GUILD. IT HAS A CURSE WORD AND IS OFFENSIVE.

rockmanx

foomonster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:15 pm
Rowena Lightwolf
Elaborate.

somebodys_PeNgUIN
These instances were used to punish peoples for sins. These people that are having their children killed were enemies of God. They had wronged either God's people or God himself.
Okay, so, assuming that you're pro-life and have a pro-life standpoint, why should another being be killed for something someone else did?
Quote:
They had partaken of many different sinful practices. It is not safe to say that the bible legalizes abortion in all cases when these were for specific things done against God.
I never said that the Bible legalizes it in all cases, I was just pointing out that god isn't pro-life.
Quote:
And even so, this just proves that God is not pro-choice, since he gave the women having the children no choice in the matter whether they wanted them to live or die.
I wasn't saying he was pro-choice, I was saying that he was not pro-life.

Mystic_moon15
i dont care what you say the bible sez IT IS STILL MURDER.
Where does it say it's murder?
Quote:
no matter how you look at it it is MURDER you are killing an inocent child for no reason.
Not really, a fetus is just a bunch of cells, and, uh, most women have good reasons have abortions. (I don't want this to become an argument on whether abortion is wrong or not.)

CrazyKat685
I see you have a good point but ummm yeah.... YOU GOT THIS FROM THE OLD TESTIMENT! IT ALSO SAYS SO SMITE ALL WHO ARE WICKED. Poke your eyes out if you lust for another woman. Clearly the NEW TESTIMENT preaches something different. It preaches of love and kindness.
So? The Bible clearly says here - "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

Quote:
1)God is sentincing a punishment is seems, read before and after
If god had a pro-life viewpoint than he wouldn't be killing an innocent "child" as a punishment would he?

Ablazed
foomonster

Read through the entire chapter of Hosea. These are the words written by Hosea, not by God.

My God will reject them because they have not obeyed him; they will be wanderers among the nations. (Hosea 9:17)

The entire passage is just wishful thinking on the part of Hosea.
The Bible says all scripture is inspired by god. See above.

foomonster

Incorrect. God is not the one speaking... Moses is. And let's take a look at some context again, shall we?

15 "Have you allowed all the women to live?" he asked them. 16 "They were the ones who followed Balaam's advice and were the means of turning the Israelites away from the LORD in what happened at Peor, so that a plague struck the LORD's people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. (Numbers 31:15-18 )

Wow. How savage and utterly brutal is that? Save for yourselves the young girls? This is horrible! And no, God is not saying kill all the suspected preganant women. Moses is ordering that every female who is not a virgin be killed. As well as all the males. This was an oddly normal practice back in those times, when an entire people was plundered or taken over by another. The women were taken into captivity as slaves, and everyone else was slain. All the suspected pregnant wo/men, which are probably pregnant. So you're saying that it's okay to kill a person if s/he isn't a virgin but not okay to kill a lump of cells (considering how old the fetus is)? And you seem kinda blind if you'd just overlook the fact that the women were taken in to be slaves.

Gah, I'm not taking any more debates now, too tired, if you wish to debate with me about something different, post here.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff