Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Death to Blondes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:33 am
User Image

User Image

Cynara watched as she yelled after Ares, he had took off already and she had a slight smirk on her face. She sounded angry in her voice but she wasn't. She was paying him back for a joke that he had played on her the other day, so now she was just repaying him the favor and making him go on a...rather long flight. Her ears flickered making her little earrings jingle. The wind was long gone now and from the average viewer it could look as if she had chased him off, which wasn't the case but she thought she was alone. Her emerald orbs gazed over the soft landscapes, she was alone now and it was a rather sad fact. She liked her time alone sometimes but then their were the times she wouldn't mind the company of another...so not only did she just yell after a stallion she looked seriously irked. Perhaps she could be an actress because her appearences were truly decieving now. However the innocent mare did not know of such facts so she didn't take it into consideration.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:48 am
She had seen it - actually, she had seen quite a few things recently but this struck her as most odd. Flicking her ears against the feather protruding from her mane, she canted her head to the side and watched with interest as the mare 'chased' the winged one away. It wasn't particularly entertaining but did instil her with a great deal of curiosity.

You see, it was a rare thing to see an 'ordinary' soquili chase away such a magnificent creature. To see the winged one take flight and for a reason that clearly involved the mare was peculiar - she had met many soquili in her time and they all seemed to positively adore those that flew.

Granted, there were a few that she could handle (barely) but for the majority of the time she despised them. In fact, it enraged her that one in particular could make her heart flutter and her stomach turn the moment she caught sight of him.

Mmph.

Again, she shook her head and with a small sigh she slowly made her way down the slopes. Perhaps from her immediate vantage point she hadn't been visible to the mare, but now as she descended the small slope her red pelt clashed against the subtle pastels and the vibrant greens of the grass and flowers around her...

Epine de Rose

Death to Blondes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:57 am
Cynara thought to herself, serves him right. He'd be going around the country side looking for things and individuals he could not fun. She had sent him on a chase that he could not win. She was watching her hooves as she walked but something caught the corner of her eye she looked up to the small hills. A female was decending towards her, she watched but said nothing. She just kept her emerald gaze on her, with a slight tilt of her head.

She slightly envied the female already, because of her coat. She was born with natural colors and nothing to make her stand out. Yet she was blessed with a beautful firey crimson coat. Wouldn't be the first time though, she felt the same with wind soquilis for having wings. She didn't like them because they had something she didn't have and couldn't have. She sighed softly to herself, perhaps that is why she didn't call out when she normally would have nickered to another happily. Perhaps just a dull mood for the day. But she would never turn her back on another unless they were a persnal harm to her.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:13 am
If only Cynara knew the truth - the irony of her own thoughts. Yei had often dreamed of having a plain coat, had a suspicion that such a subtle pelt would attract another. Alas it was not to be and all her life she had lived with the fiery pelt, reminded constantly of her lack of desirability. She was too vibrant for most stallions, she overshadowed them frequently but truly...she had never asked to be this way.

In relation to her dislike for winds - well, that was an entirely different story. She would often struggle to explain her opinion on the matter but her dislikes were clear while in the company of one so exotic.

Nevertheless, as she proceeded down the hill and offered a small smile, she took the time to glance over the natural coloured pelt. Ah, she couldn't deal with a mane so short personally but the pelt colour was beautiful - understated but it still held an amount of desirability...just enough to catch the eye.

"Good morning." She offered at last, now that she was close enough to avoid shouting, "A strange day it is to find another so close to the slopes!"

Epine de Rose

Death to Blondes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:21 am
Cynara shook her mane, she wasn't comfertable in her own skin. Zaphiro knew that. He was pretty, a winged too she had been kind to him even though her envy for him grew within each second. He had long curly locks, an amazing navy pelt with golden swirls and wings. She was given a natural coat, no wings and a buzzed hairdo that wouldn't grow longer than an inch or two. She smiled weakly noticing her own faults as she looked to the mare in front of her whom she'd gladly trade places with. "Morning," she nodded in agreement. "You usually do not find anyone out here, mostly deserted...quiet though. Thats always soothing at some points, no?" she listened to the chirping of birds and the brush of wind to grass. Other than that it was complete silence, her chocolate muzzle lifted slightly so she was looking into the mare's eyes more comfertably and appropriate for conversation but she couldn't help to feel anything but intimidated.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:37 am
Admittedly, Yei was a tall soquili and could look reasonably imposing when she held herself at her full height. However, Yei rarely made a habit of it and as such she appeared much smaller than she was in reality. Unfortunately for her, this didn't always help matters and there were occasions when people became intimidated by her - she didn't mean to look quite so uninviting but she supposed that was just how some were?

Instead of commenting on the mare's obvious discomfort, the fiery creature opted instead to offer a warm smile and came to a halt nearby. Often softly spoken, she preferred to be at close range as opposed to yelling her lungs out - call it experience, but yelling off caused a few avalanches on the slopes and due to living quite high up on the range...she really wasn't so unintelligent as to make that mistake.

"Solitude does have it's benefits on many occasions." Yei replied at last, bobbing her head in agreement a she admired the area and briefly smacked her tail against her hindquarters to dispatch of an itch. "But there is nothing like the company of another either." She added, returning her gaze to the mare before her.

Time to break the mood, commenting on appearance was too superficial but...

"Are you alright, you appear as though you have eaten something funny?"

Epine de Rose

Death to Blondes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:50 am
The ebony female listened and occasionaly nodded her head in agreement. Not caring to get to fully involved with the conversation, she was in a rather sour mood. Her ears flickered forward as she directed a question to her specifically.

"No, I'm fine thank you." she smiled weakly again trying to make it appear real. "I was just...thinking about some things. Unimportant though." she shook her head slightly. "So do you live around here then?" she asked curiously trying to change the conversation. She didn't mind the spot light was on her it just depended what the topic was while the light was shining.

Her own tail flickered slightly at her legs, not out of an itch but out of nervousness or something to do while starting a conversation with an unknown individual. She never wanted to make the wrong impressions but it had happened on more than one occasion. So she tried her best not to make a fool of herself or piss someone off.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:59 am
Clearly the mare wasn't ready to relax in front of her, there was very little to be done in that regard and so Yei could only smile. No doubt when she was ready, the other mare would inform her of her name and then mayhaps she would relax. It was a lot to ask, Yei had a suspicion that the mare wasn't quite as sociable as she but perhaps in time...

"Yes, I do." Motioning with her muzzle towards an overhanging ledge she gave a small whicker. "I live beneath that ledge, well sheltered and away from the brutal winds." She elaborated further, her ears swivelling and twitching against the sounds that fluttered through the air.

"Some might say it is a little out of the way but the slopes have quite a few treasures that the world below does not." She continued, pausing only to admire the grasslands surrounding her, "Although I would not say that this place is not without it's own beauty." She mused. It was only after she had spoken that she returned her gaze to the mare and flashed another smile.

"They call me Yei Umeko by the way, most refer to me as Yei though."

Epine de Rose

Death to Blondes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:09 am
She smiled, as the mare spoke. She was pleasant and her envy that seemed to be creeping up on her was slowly deterriorating. "It is quite pleasant out here, though I must say I haven't been this far out." she watched her, "I'm sorry if I intruded on your lands, I just had to chase a stubborn stallion off." she smirked thinking about it and wondering how frustrated he was getting at the moments passing.

"I live out in the woods to, farther from the village but opposite direction," she thought it was only fair to describe where she lived since she was sort of around Yei's. "I'm Cynara, I really don't have a nickname derived from my name. I get a few nicknames here and their though, so I really don't mind what I'm called as long as its semi-normal." she shrugged, smiling a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:19 am
There it was! The loose little shrug relaxed her appearance considerably and Yei released a mental sigh of relief. It was a lot of work holding a conversation with someone who feared you in some form, but now she suspected the conversation would flow much more easily. Still, as Cyn described where she lived Yei could vaguely picture it and nodded - sometimes it helped to live where you could see so far away.

"I know where it is." She replied gently, flicking her tail against her flank again. It was only after Cyn had apologised that she released a chuckle and shook her head. Clearly the idea of anyone invading her land amused her, provided they remained safe she had no qualms with visitors.

"It is quite alright, there is nothing wrong with exploration so long as you avoid hostile environments." She offered, motioning to the peaks slightly with her head, "However if you had been up there I would have chased you back home by now." She pointed out, the smile growing on her lips.

"I assume you were referring to the wind as well?"

Epine de Rose

Death to Blondes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:50 am
She beamed as she said referred back to her own home, she looked back to where she said she would have chased her out. It didn't seem any different from the rest of the slopes. A look of confusion might have crossed her expression but she was to far concentratedd on their conversation to notice.

She nodded as she referenced the wind, "Yes, had to chase his stubborn, arrogant butt on a wild goose chase." she watched her as she spoke of Ares. "He needs to be taught a lesson and naturally I'm the teacher." she winked with a smirk. Her ears flickered whether or not to do another topic changer or if the female had questions about her little winged friend. So she left it at that and if she was curious she would let her ask and she would answer to the best of her ability as usual. Pretty cut and dry for the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:11 pm
"I see." Again the mare managed to surprise her and she gave a slight whicker. It wasn't one of approval but it was enough to show that she could empathise with her in relation to the wind. She didn't know Ares so much as she knew of other winds that were a constant source of irritation for her - any excuse to get him out of her mane.

"Well, it is nice to know that mares can point out their position in the herd." She relented at last and offered a wry smile, "I know of far too many that swoon at the sight of the additional limbs - highly overrated." She added, canting her head to the side as she took into consideration her own friends - there were quite a few with wings that had questionable natures.

"Do you often do that to him?"

Epine de Rose

Death to Blondes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:28 pm
She laughed softly afraid to get to loud in front of the mare, she nodded. "Many mares have swooned over him, that is for sure. But actually he takes no interest in them and wards them off," she looked to her. "Unlike some other winds, he doesn't take his wings for granted...he wishes he never had them." she sighed softly as she continued.

"Not really, only when he deserves it." she flickered her tail. "He was being ignorant the other day and sent me off saying my father was looking for me as a joke. He never jokes so it was strange, but it turns out it was so I'm just repaying the favor." she shrugged.

She didn't know why he did it, it was a rather odd prank but maybe it was him getting some humor seeing as he had never had any since he was a foal.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:35 pm
Ares sounded much like another wind she knew. However, this did not exclude the fact that both Ares and the other stallion were winds. She would be loathe to admit that catching sight of a certain male made her heart flutter but all the same - it was a rare day when Winds viewed their 'blessings' as a curse. Much to her surprise, she found her brow raising ever so slightly as the mare explained further...perhaps modesty was not completely outside of the nature of the exotic?

"He sounds rather modest." She mused at last, a little begrudgingly as though the concept of such a thing completely evaded her. It wasn't that it evaded her though, it was just that she hated recognising it. Her inexplicable hatred for the exotic was just that, inexplicable...and attempting to remember why she hated them so only caused more hassle - it was easier to despise them as was.

Although sometimes she would have loved to know why it had come about, she could scarcely recall her childhood but she was fairly certain she hadn't hated them then.

"If a little anti-social." She continued, canting her head to the side thoughtfully. "How long will it be before he realises this?"

Epine de Rose

Death to Blondes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:21 am
If only she knew why the young stallion was so modest. He says he didn't believe in love and that it was a foolish feeling only for karma to come back around to come and kick you in the...well you know. He also didn't believe in karma for a long while until a young mare spoke to him about it and he realized that it was self inflicted upon himself his own karma and that was what was torturing his poor, lost soul.

"Perhaps, but he isn't one to believe in such feelings. He is usually a blank face unless his temper rises but other than that he keeps it on the low. Silent and almost like a shadow if it weren't for his bright coat." she chuckled. "But still their are times when his shell is cracked and you can see the small emotion flood through those harsh eyes of his, I also think he is a bit afraid of mares." she shrugged. "Its always a possibilty and I have my reasons of thinking so."

"Hmmm?" she asked, not completely understanding the question Yei was asking, "You mean how long before he realizes that he's chasing nothing?" she asked back. Her emerald orbs flickering, thinking how long it would take him already before she could reply back.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff