Submit

Music?
  Yes plz. :B
  No. NO. D:<
  Jaune, you're a silly silly girl.
View Results

oi-roisin-dubh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:48 pm
-What are you listening to right now? Univision, the soccer announcer. Mexico vs. Ecuador in the Copa America.

-Favorite band/artist? there's a lot. But i'll just name who I've listened to in the past week: Dropkick Murphys, Bedouin Soundclash, flogging Molly, The Ike Reilly Assassination, and fake problems.

-Favorite song and by whom? Right now it would probably be Dirty Glass by Dropkick Murphys or Gyasi Went Home by Bedouin Soundclash OR Born and Raised by Fake Problems

-Genre? Indepedent anything. Hip hop, punk, rock, ska, alternative, folk. anything that has something to say that isn't being channeled through them by a corporate entity.

-What kind of music do you wish would just throw itself off a cliff [hate]? none really. I think Rappers need to get a clue but if they wanna get rich offa the stuff they put out, let them. People buy it so whatevs.

-Are you talented when it comes to music? Not especially

-If yes, what are you talented at? Used to be first chair flute  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:51 pm
Tinuu
Wasn't Raggae a mix of jazz and rock or something?
Or was that Ska?

nuh uh. Reggae developed completely on it's own down in Jamaica from African beats. Ska evolved from Reggae originally and what constitutes Ska now, isn't actually ska. lol.

maybe you're thinking of R&B? Rhthym and Blues? Rock evolved from R&B.  

oi-roisin-dubh

amsdia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:14 am
- Listening to Sugarcult's Bouncing Off The Walls now.

- Way too many. In Japanese music, probably L'Arc~en~Ciel and Gackt. In English, probably Savage Garden, DCFC and OK Go. And, uh, Missy Higgins and Katie Melua and Aimee Mann and The Ataris...

- Again, way too many. I'm currently addicted to The Fray's How to Save a Life and OK Go's Crash the Party. I've always loved Savage Garden's A Thousand Words though.

- I listen to almost anything, as long as I find the lyrics and tune intriguing. These days, I suppose I listen to more indie rock than anything else.

- ... Rap and hip-hop? I can't say I loathe the entire genre, but the good ones are far and few between... and mostly Japanese. >_>; Been a while since I've found a good English rap song...

- I like to consider myself so?

- I sing. Like, a lot. I think I'm quite versatile when it comes to singing styles. I was in the choir back in school, and I've done a spot of conducting for said choir.
I've also been playing the piano for 16 years, have dabbled in composition, and regularly write lyrics.
I'm attempting to teach myself the guitar now [on a Spanish guitar, which is a lovely piece of art] but sheer lack of time is interfering with any progress I might otherwise make. confused
And yes, I also played the recorder in primary school... we all had to. I think the only song I remember how to play on that is "Home on the Range." XD;  
Honeydew Syndrome

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff