Reply Advice
Christains Dating Pagens? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ricette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:36 pm
I'm sorry but, as a pagan myself the last thing I would want was to have the person I'm into tell me my beliefs are wrong and they try to convert me to a religious sect I do not believe in. If you cannot accept him for who he is, and respect his own beliefs, find a nice Christian boy and stay away from the pagan. Now you two seem to really be into each other and differing beliefs are not going to hamper you. Look around, people with different religious beliefs date, get married, have kids. But if him being a Pagan bothers you to the point of feeling you need to convert him however slowly or what, don't date him. It wouldn't work out.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:12 pm
This is why there is so much problems with non-believers and Christians. Christians are always up and trying to convert non-believers and shove their beliefs down their throats. That isn't going to happen. Someone is going to automatically give something up just so they can be your perfect little angel. That isn't how life works. I'm a deist and I'm dating a bi Christian. He isn't your typical Christian either. He was Wiccan and converted on his own which is fine. He had no intention of really converting me but it happened. I became Christian for him. But I realized that it was foolish of me to convert for him because I was constantly fighting other Christians about my beliefs. I realized how stupid it was and became a deist. We're still together and happen. And marriages and realtionships work out for people who are dating and or married to non-believers. It's working for my parents. The one key thing that you need to remember is that love is all that matters. Religion cannot overcome the love of your significant other. And it never will. God may be a jealous God but women are even more jealous. And so are men. ~___^ Another key factor in making the relationship work is knowing the boundary lines. If you overstep these and push converting him/her then your relationship is doomed to fail."All you need is love"  

-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

lordstar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:46 pm
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-
This is why there is so much problems with non-believers and Christians. Christians are always up and trying to convert non-believers and shove their beliefs down their throats. That isn't going to happen. Someone is going to automatically give something up just so they can be your perfect little angel. That isn't how life works. I'm a deist and I'm dating a bi Christian. He isn't your typical Christian either. He was Wiccan and converted on his own which is fine. He had no intention of really converting me but it happened. I became Christian for him. But I realized that it was foolish of me to convert for him because I was constantly fighting other Christians about my beliefs. I realized how stupid it was and became a deist. We're still together and happen. And marriages and realtionships work out for people who are dating and or married to non-believers. It's working for my parents. The one key thing that you need to remember is that love is all that matters. Religion cannot overcome the love of your significant other. And it never will. God may be a jealous God but women are even more jealous. And so are men. ~___^ Another key factor in making the relationship work is knowing the boundary lines. If you overstep these and push converting him/her then your relationship is doomed to fail."All you need is love"

well said  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:24 pm
I wouldn't recommend it in my opinion. After one of my friends dating a non christian guy and the results. I truly don't think it a wise idea to temp fate and whatnot. I know their are people who would say otherwise, but I can't help but think about girls I know who decided to date non christian guys and in the end got heartbroken. You need to pray about this to God and see if offers a solution. Best I can say.  

As The Pokeball Turns

lordstar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:43 pm
Friendly Yoshi
I wouldn't recommend it in my opinion. After one of my friends dating a non christian guy and the results. I truly don't think it a wise idea to temp fate and whatnot. I know their are people who would say otherwise, but I can't help but think about girls I know who decided to date non christian guys and in the end got heartbroken. You need to pray about this to God and see if offers a solution. Best I can say.

sadly broken hearts are common regardless of faith
it has more to do with social limitations then anything else  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:29 pm
William of Ockham
"f any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she is willing to go on living with him, he should not divorce her; and if any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he is willing to go on living with her, she should not divorce her husband. For the unbelieving husband is made holy through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy through the brother. Otherwise your children would be unclean, whereas in fact they are holy."

1 Cor 7:12-14

Why would Paul speak of such things if they were prohibited?

This passage is talking about becoming a believer after you marry a nonbeliever as a nonbeliever. If, several years into the marriage, a woman gets saved, she shouldn't divorce her husband just because they are different religions now. Being "made holy" through another does not mean they become one of God's chosen; it simply means that the unbelieving spouse has a greater chance of being saved. This is what happened in the first book of the Left Behind series.

Godd to see you again, lordstar. It's been a while. Anyway, where do you find in the Bible that we shouldn't convert the unsaved? Christians are called to be like Jesus, and that includes how we preach the gospel. Jesus Himself gave us an example as to how we should bring someone the gospel in Matthew 19
1. Mention the definition of "good" (Do you think you're a good person? -> If you died today, where do you think you would go?)
2. Go through some of the Ten Commandments (Lying, stealing, lust/adultery are the most common ones)
3. They will admit their fault and eventually realize that if what you're saying is true, they will not enter into Heaven.
4. Follow Christ

*I started to get an adrenaline rush here.*
What is your "way of peace" anyway, lordstar? Is it not converting the nonbelievers because you might offend them? Is it not showing them that they need to be saved from eternal damnation?

You know what? I've been set on fire too. I burned 15% of my body during seventh grade. I spent two weeks in the hospital, the most agonizing time being when they cleaned off the dead skin. Nonbelievers who die as nonbelievers get their whole body burnt, and there is no cleansing available to them anymore.

If converting the nonbelievers isn't at the top of your list, it's just as bad as having it at the top of your "I don't care whether people spend their eternal lives in Hell" list.
*Adrenaline rush over*

FYI, lordstar, a heretic is defined as "a professed believer who maintains religious opinions contrary to those accepted by his or her church or rejects doctrines prescribed by that church."

God wants for us more than we want for ourselves. By saying God only wants what we want, it shows Him not to be the omnipotent Person He is. I agree with you when you say the broken hearts are common regardless of faith; however, faith is a social limitation. I've been mocked many times because of my faith, but I'm glad I've been mocked because I know that what I do is for the Lord.  

rillegas08

Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces