Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply ®
Scam-How NOT to fall for one!-For the newbies~READ~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

patrizio445

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:07 pm
thnx alot because my bro just got hacked and did the most stupid thing and gave out his password now i know ho to keep myself safe from those retarded hackers. i mean who do they think they are kidding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:14 pm
"Common sense" isn't as common as people seem to think.  

Twilyte Moon

arata-chou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:26 pm
Natorra Red-wolf
Ok i know what to do, but the best thing im doing right now, i did this on purpose to let people know what happens when you are gullable, and when you dont read all the warnings. I did this on purpose to teach the new people! Welcome to gaia, if your a serious gamer and is picky about winning or losing or if you always want to win then read this!

NO im not stupid, i just have extra stuff on my hands so i could care less on what i just lost.

REMEMBER IT IS JUST A GAME, NOTHING THAT CAN HARM YOU, OR SCREW
YOU OVER. IT NOT IMPORTANT TO LIFE.

NOW! this one starts like this: He ask for my G9 Laptop (worth about 54k) and he will give me something of equal value
User Image

NEVER ACCECPT THESE!! THERE FRAUD!, FAKE!, IS A LOW WAY OF STEALING FROM PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW!

Here is his link that sig leads too:
User Image
Look here it his profile, looks good right? WRONG LOOOK MORE CAREFULLY:
Note is posting, it only at 3 post.
look at the date he joined, less then a month ago. Most people on gaia only earn about 2-3k for posting and bout 15k for games and about 3k for towns when they just start, thats no where near eough to be able to buy pengin slippers.
User Image
Here that trade:
User Image
looks good, but look more carefully, the item he sent was a gift giving box. anything could be in it.

NEVER ACCPECT TRADES WITH THESE BOXES, AND NOT IN ANY COLOR.

THis what was in it.
User Image

now he going to be banned for this,reason he didnt give me on equal value he gave me a an item worth 100 gold. this make him a fraud. a liar and a cheepskate. AND TO THE SCAMMER, ALL ACOUNTS TRADEING WITH THE ITEMS WILL BE BANNED AS WELL! And that is the reason why so many people where getting banned for a while.

Thank you for reading, please share the love and educate the new people!

P.S
"Please do not give out your password to anyone! Admins and moderators will never request your password. If a user states that he/she is an admin or moderator, but is requesting your password, PLEASE REPORT THIS USER TO A MOD!"

Ok the next Scam that is going around is the gold gerateors

NEVER USE THESE, YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING RIGHT DOWN TO THE PASSWORD.

thisis how most of them start:
User Image
User Image
Now the link leads to here:
User Image
User Image
^ now that looks convincing, reason is you can;t see the password being typed in. you just get ********

but this is what it look like on the other end:
User Image

NOw that person can do this:
User Image

and after they get in they change the password, take gold and items and leave that user like this
User Image
NOw she can never get back into that account unless the person didn't change the e-mail then password retirve can let you in. but most of the time that gets changed too.

(now on another notw, i used 2 mule accounts to do this one.) All this was done in the way everyone make these gold genarators. these are are common all you are doing is GIVING them your password to your account..

Messages from other people on the site.

hockeyhottie02
Whoa thats kinda scary... Right now if I hadn't spent any gold ever I'd have about 6k... This has practically nothing to do with the topic here but my point is it was really cool of you to sacrifice a 54k item to show people how that stuff happens. Some idiot tried to scam me and sent me a "warning" PM about it, but I knew it was fake because there were some grammar errors and I'm a geek biggrin I know this post isn't perfect though.

theres another thing like that but what sucks is they hack the first acc on ur freaind list  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:29 am
I almost was lured into a trap today. I was never really in any danger but it still bugs me. XxXFlO_RiDaXxX came up to me and tried to tell me he was tired of playing gaiaonline. He asked if I wanted any of his stuff. When I took the bait, he told me that I would have to trust him and give him my password. I tried to entrap him by first testing his excuses for not just gifting the item to me then tried to ask questions about why he wanted my password. I even went so far as to tell him that if he was quitting anyway why not just give his password to me. You know what his response was to that...admin might think I was trying to scam him. Well duh, that what he was trying to do to me. When I asked him that he just came up with some other lame excuse. All I can think is he looked at the date of my profile and figured I was a stupid noob who would fall for anything. I reported him.  

zeroyield

--Vampireluvsslipknot

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:53 pm
Alright so I pretty much have alot of stuff and nothing to lose, I pretended to be stupid for this guy Ch0co1ate_c0oKiE , he was selling a "winter rose" and he said he would trade me a winter rose for an april thank you letter correct? well...... The winter rose turned out to be a worthless item a.k.a worth 100 g ONLY for the letter now worth 20k , I bothered the dude for it for alittle bit and he will get banned anyways. Bottom Line... Don't fall for a trade when someone gives you something thats much more worth than what you are giving them... okay thats that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:37 pm
3nodding  

jesha_ashes

Motoko Kitari

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:13 pm
ok memmorized.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:04 am
3nodding  

CYBizR0llin--KissMySass

BlackFiah23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:47 pm
You are very smart. Showing noobs all this stuff. A kid named neji78 tried to get me to give him my password. He looked like a noob but said that he could get me 1000000g. I told him I wasn't retarded but he kept PMing me telling me that it worked and he did it on his other account. I asked him for that username but he never told me. The last time he PMd me was May 5th. Hehehe. Stupid noob scammer...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:34 am
That's really horrible u_u.

That happened to my best friend, formerly "xXBubble KissesXx".
She was hacked and forced to trade all these rare items with someone.

Now, she made a new account and bought all the stuff back u_u;  

xDistractionsx

Coco_Bunny23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:01 am
Wow, thats just crazy...luckily nothing like that has happened to me yet...but I don't have any rare items or anything and have most of my stuff on mule accounts so I'm ok on that...what freaked me out was the fact that the person put their name down as JJ...thats my name. I always get freaked when I seee JJ cus I end up thinkin its me [this wasn't I know that much] and all cus I don't know a lot of JJs...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:43 am
Cool. cool  

Sygrid

7,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gender Swap 100

1119king

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:47 pm
That's pretty nice of you to sacrifice a 54k item just for people to realize how people scam =D  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:09 pm
Don't forget about those surveys around that ask you to bump with all common information that people usually use as their password. Things like your highschool mascot and whatnot.
I'm not saying to ignore them completely, just remember to try any not post anything close to your password. You never know, they might get lucky and guess it based on your information.

Chainn Chomp

Irish Minxii

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:48 pm
Awesome post heart  
®

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items