promised_child

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:46 pm
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
Gilwen

Well-said.

And yeah, we do need to "own up" to stupid things Christians have done in the past. Because you know what? You and I aren't to blame. We didn't do any of that. So, since we have grace, we should strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and NOT repeat history. Going on figurative witch hunts (as I believe the original article accomplishes) isn't any better than doing it literally, as far as non-Christians are concerned.

that article rivles the backlash for Harry Potter- as for learning, most of the older generation doesnt seem to want to- which is sad, because that makes it most difficult for us of the younger generation

You see it really is more then just a children’s story (perhaps not an allegory)
History has carved its initials into it and you have hit the nail on the head
Remember that words are worth more than their face value

If you get a chance youtube "Kids of the Baby Boom” its by the Belomy Brothers (SP...I'm bad enough with names as it is)

Historical texts burned
Legends untold, stories forgotten, the memories stolen from time (sound familiar)

How hard it must be to realize that their fathers gave them the world and now looking at what disaster they have left to hand down to us
What do they have left to give but hope for a better tomorrow?
A tomorrow entrusted to us
What will we do to our world?
What will we have left to give to our children?
A world falling apart ever faster? More of the same hope?
It's the same cycle...over and over and we are not learning from history
The systems we have in place, many are broken and cannot be fixed to perfection for perfection does not exist but for maybe an instance
But we can make things better
Challenging the status quo, learning, thinking, fighting for a better tomorrow...for those who will inherit the world from us
Ask yourself, are you willing to let your children bare the burden of past mistakes
If not then take a stand, here and now! The cycle ends today!

which is a lovely call to our generation to "Rock the Vote" (an MTV campain of the 80s and 90s)

you should be a motivational speaker

lolz
my ASO still hands out Rock the Vote stickers at some of our events (Brilient inishitive on the part of MTV although they are unrelated to the ASO)

Thanks for the vote of confedence
I am really not all that good at motivation people
but I'm getting better with practice

we will see how the bond campain goes wink

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/par/content/PAR_1_Relay_For_Life.asp
Thought I might post the link this time

LOL

who are you voting for? me, if i get to the primary thing, Clinton  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:08 pm
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
Gilwen

Well-said.

And yeah, we do need to "own up" to stupid things Christians have done in the past. Because you know what? You and I aren't to blame. We didn't do any of that. So, since we have grace, we should strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and NOT repeat history. Going on figurative witch hunts (as I believe the original article accomplishes) isn't any better than doing it literally, as far as non-Christians are concerned.

that article rivles the backlash for Harry Potter- as for learning, most of the older generation doesnt seem to want to- which is sad, because that makes it most difficult for us of the younger generation

You see it really is more then just a children’s story (perhaps not an allegory)

If you get a chance youtube "Kids of the Baby Boom” its by the Belomy Brothers (SP...I'm bad enough with names as it is)

Historical texts burned
Legends untold, stories forgotten, the memories stolen from time (sound familiar)

How hard it must be to realize that their fathers gave them the world and now looking at what disaster they have left to hand down to us
The systems we have in place, many are broken and cannot be fixed to perfection for perfection does not exist but for maybe an instance
Challenging the status quo, learning, thinking, fighting for a better tomorrow...for those who will inherit the world from us
Ask yourself, are you willing to let your children bare the burden of past mistakes

which is a lovely call to our generation to "Rock the Vote" (an MTV campain of the 80s and 90s)

lolz
my ASO still hands out Rock the Vote stickers at some of our events (Brilient inishitive on the part of MTV although they are unrelated to the ASO)

LOL

Clinton for me as well
She seems to be the most likely to return happy days to the people
youtube "happy days are here again"
It’s up there with "one fine day" (sadly I have not been able to find it on youtube)

As for 2/5/08

I'm hoping local measure L passes seeing as it could really mess up a lot of people’s lives should it not
(People could loose their jobs) weird to think about it like that but that’s the truth

And of course tax-free textbooks would be nice if it passed
And prop 92 could be better but a step in the right direction is better then a kick in the pants  

lordstar

promised_child

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:11 pm
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

Historical texts burned

lolz

LOL

Clinton for me as well
It’s up there with "one fine day" (sadly I have not been able to find it on youtube)

As for 2/5/08

I'm hoping local measure L passes seeing as it could really mess up a lot of people’s lives should it not
(People could loose their jobs) weird to think about it like that but that’s the truth

And prop 92 could be better but a step in the right direction is better then a kick in the pants

yeah, i have no clue what you are talking about...... sweatdrop ....... i dont live in cali........ fill in the blanks please  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:33 pm
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

Historical texts burned

lolz

LOL

Clinton for me as well

As for 2/5/08

yeah, i have no clue what you are talking about...... sweatdrop ....... i dont live in cali........ fill in the blanks please

prop 92 is the cali community college fee reduction and governance act

tax-free textbooks is just that...removing the tax on textbooks

and measure L is a capital construction bond for fixing and expanding Napa JC. The thing about measure L is that things like fire code and the sort are taken into account for accreditation. so if the bond doesn't pass there is a good chance of a warning (three warnings and poof goes accreditation and what’s more is the accreditation committee is handing out warnings like candy [also has to do with SLO's and the exit of partners for education]). With the loss of accreditation the last five years are void...that means nurses, police, and other people who require specific certificates/degrees to be employed would loose their jobs and students that had received a certificate or degree from the college in question or had used a class for credit from the college in question for obtaining a certificate or degree (could even be a BA or BS by that time) that would also be revoked. So all the chaos would certainly take a hit to the economy (local/state mostly)  

lordstar

promised_child

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:10 pm
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar

lolz

LOL

Clinton for me as well

As for 2/5/08

prop 92 is the cali community college fee reduction and governance act

tax-free textbooks is just that...removing the tax on textbooks

and measure L is a capital construction bond for fixing and expanding Napa JC. The thing about measure L is that things like fire code and the sort are taken into account for accreditation. so if the bond doesn't pass there is a good chance of a warning (three warnings and poof goes accreditation and what’s more is the accreditation committee is handing out warnings like candy [also has to do with SLO's and the exit of partners for education]). With the loss of accreditation the last five years are void...that means nurses, police, and other people who require specific certificates/degrees to be employed would loose their jobs and students that had received a certificate or degree from the college in question or had used a class for credit from the college in question for obtaining a certificate or degree (could even be a BA or BS by that time) that would also be revoked. So all the chaos would certainly take a hit to the economy (local/state mostly)

gotcha  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces