Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Full submersion of Baptism! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spazzed_out_Basil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:32 pm
really it's blind faith so mabey God will be lenient, plus if u don't believe in original sin what is baptism for???  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:48 pm
the word baptism means and i quote "Being fully submersed in water as a symbol of God removing all your sins so you can live in the kingdom of heaven."  

christ0liddle

Kali-san

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:37 am
Spazzed_out_Basil
But still Baptism is Necessary for salvation because it washes away our sins (and if C.C. Original Sin) Jesus did it as an example so we would be Baptised.
What do you think the cross was for then? He just hung there to hang there? When he was hanging on the cross, all the sins of the world were taken to Him. Scripture even says that God could not even look at Jesus because of all the sin. That is where the sin went. Jesus washed our sin away, not some water.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:41 am
Collun
Jesus was baptized and was perfect. He didn't need salvation but he got baptized anyways to set an example for us, because we need it. Without baptism, we have sins on us and are dirty, baptism wipes us clean. Only pure people can enter Heaven. You can't be pure if you have sin on you. Baptism takes away that sin.
Wait a minute, at first you said that Jesus was baptized because He would have gone to Hell if He didn't. Then you claim that He did it as an example. Why are you contradicting yourself, and not giving any proof that water baptism is needed for salvation?  

Kali-san

Collun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:44 am
He did need it. And he's setting an example.
Baptism washes us clean of sin.
If Jesus hadn't died on the cross, we wouldn't need baptism because we'd all go to Hell anyways. You need it to washed clean. Jesus took our sins away only if we are baptized, being like him. All of our sins on us when we go under water, as Jesus was under the ground, and none when we come up.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:12 am
Ok people Jesus is perfect he would have never gone to Hell because he couldn't of sinned, He is God in the Triune mystery and God can't know sin. So Jesus did it as an example so that we would be baptised. For his cousin, John the Baptist said "Repent and be baptised in the name of the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit/Ghost." So true he never said be baptised with water, but as John said repent and be Baptised, and he did it with water, this meant it healed us and made us complete. So being Baptised is necessary for salvation because it cleasens us, but, you can also pray to Christ later on to forgive our sins.  

Spazzed_out_Basil

Kali-san

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:09 am
Spazzed_out_Basil
Ok people Jesus is perfect he would have never gone to Hell because he couldn't of sinned, He is God in the Triune mystery and God can't know sin. So Jesus did it as an example so that we would be baptised. For his cousin, John the Baptist said "Repent and be baptised in the name of the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit/Ghost." So true he never said be baptised with water, but as John said repent and be Baptised, and he did it with water, this meant it healed us and made us complete. So being Baptised is necessary for salvation because it cleasens us, but, you can also pray to Christ later on to forgive our sins.
argh.... Is no one reading what I post?

Acts 19:2-4 (New International Version)

2and asked them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when[a] you believed?"
They answered, "No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."

3So Paul asked, "Then what baptism did you receive?"
"John's baptism," they replied.

4Paul said, "John's baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:11 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Kali-san

Kali-san

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:14 am
Matthew 3:11 (New International Version)

11"I (John) baptize you with[a] water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

We only need to worry about the baptism wer recieve from Jesus. John only prepared the way. He was sort of like the opening act at a concert, and Jesus was the main attraction. We need to be baptized with the holy spirit.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:17 am
and what if you live in one of those third world countries where they have a limited water supply. Every single one of them could be Christians, but not all of them could be baptized. So, would those last in line for baptism be sent to hell?  

Kali-san

Spazzed_out_Basil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:02 pm
Cali-san!!!!!!!!!! Urg for Catholics we have the 3 types of baptism..........
With water, blood, and desire......
Water-original baptism
Blood-to die for Christ so you go to heaven
Desire- to die with the desire to be Baptised, God understands so we are healed.

Also confirmation could be called the baptism of Fire..................  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:14 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Spazzed_out_Basil

Collun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:06 pm
When we make the silly action of being baptized, God knows we're ready to become Christians. He makes us sinless, and protects us. Baptism gets us to Heaven.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:22 pm
Collun
When we make the silly action of being baptized, God knows we're ready to become Christians. He makes us sinless, and protects us. Baptism gets us to Heaven.

You don't need baptism to get into heaven. In the Bible it says that it's through Jesus, not baptism. Also, nowhere in the Bible does it say to baptize babies. Like you said, baptism is to show that we're ready to become christians. Babies do not know what's going on so they aren't ready to become christian's at birth. Plus, babies are innocent, so if they were to die at birth, they'd go to heaven anyway even if they weren't baptized. You can accept Christ a second before dying, and still go to heaven, even if you have never even heard what baptism is.  

Haneul Security

Atra Gelu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:02 am
I agree that baptism is important and that you should be completely submerged, however, I don't believe you'll go to Hell if you have accepted Jesus but not been baptized. I believe that if you have truly asked Christ into your heart, then you will want to be baptized as soon as possible to show others that you are committing your life to God. I have read the scripture that everyone has posted on this thread and no one has yet to offer a solid reason for me to doubt my beliefs. You may disagree with me (and I'm sure some of you will), but until someone can prove to me otherwise (and I can be rather stubborn at times) I'm going to stick to my beliefs.

I think it's about time to end this topic of discussion. Both sides are repeating the same arguments over and over. I don't think either side is going to budge on this issue, so you might as well leave it for others to make their own judgement.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff