Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply News, Updates, Events, Games and Role-Playing.
Anime versus Manga

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AorM
  Anime
  Manga
  Other answer.
View Results

Furzball

Dapper Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:54 pm
Which of the two are your favorite? Please make sure to vote and post.

Personally I believe that they both have pros and cons.

Anime: Get to see various characters more lively/animated, voiced, etc. However most animes don't have a complete story. Or are just a section of the mangas.

Mangas: Usually get their stories completed or to an ending. however they take up more space than DVDs. Also makes you wonder what they would be like animated.

Out of the two I like manga more just because I see an ending to the story. Usually anime will do part of the story to promote the mangas I guess. Or the fact that they lose funds.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:19 pm
I don’t really have any Manga's. but I do draw manga off and on, and I love anime. I hope on getting some Manga's in the future though.  

Palsa-San
Vice Captain

xXChibi ZoriXx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:53 am
I prefer manga. I don't have any, but I prefer to read than to watch animation. Sure, I watch anime a lot, but it's only because in the computer I have more access to anime than manga. Plus, the only place where they sell manga where I live is like... seven towns away. crying

EDIT: AND! I keep hearing from people that in the mangas the stories are more complete. And in the manga there are no fillers. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:09 pm
I personally like the anime more than that of the manga, only because reading can take up more time than sitting and watching. Also, it gives you more of a feel about how they feel and what's going on in thier minds rather than getting a different idea because of the manga or a lighter one.  

SlyAki
Captain

Palsa-San
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:18 pm
I’d probably prefer to watch anime, and read books, (not manga) Just because when you read a book it allows your imagination to take way. Although, I think a book with occasional manga pictures would be cool.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:12 pm
Im not sure what i persoanally prefer .and i own alot of both. well the anime is usually a different take on the manga , so the creator can go a different way if they so desire it. The manga does give a whole bunch more detail into the story so you sort of dont get confused as easily. But the anime can give you a thrill just like the manga but with music if you dont listen to some while you read.(i personally listen to music while i read depending on the book or manga) I LOVE TEHM BOTH I CANT DECIDE!!!!!!
What have you dotn to this otaku stressed stressed stressed  

kya koshina
Crew

Janpoop

Beloved Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:01 pm
i like both  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:19 pm
i like anime better  

princesspink2098

News, Updates, Events, Games and Role-Playing.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games