Reply True Wicca
Are You in a real coven?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

practicalmagicfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:29 am
I'm not in a coven, I'm a soliatry wiccan.
I've learned everything I know from books and other religious forums.
The one I use the most is beliefnet.com I like looking up all the information in there they also have websites with free information on them and they have preffered books too. I would like to get a book on tarot and palm reading next. If you have a book you like or website though let me know. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:40 pm
ive been into wicca for YEARS but i decided to practice solo instead of joining or creating a coven.  

[Chaotic Dreamer]

`Germicide
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:28 pm
[Chaotic Dreamer]
ive been into wicca for YEARS but i decided to practice solo instead of joining or creating a coven.

Well just for the record you aren't wiccan unless you join a coven.

I'd suggest not making one either  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:05 am
"Well just for the record you aren't wiccan unless you join a coven.

I'd suggest not making one either "

true wicca isn't just in one form. you can be a solitary witch or be in a coven. you may want to read up more.  

[Chaotic Dreamer]

halogamer112233

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:15 pm
umm not true of what gene said i am true wiccan it my birth right i was born a wiccan you do not have to join a coven to be wiccan its how you practice and celebrate it before you open your mouth think of what you speak im not in a coven but i am still blood wiccan  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:17 am
im a wicca but im not in a coven i practice alone  

sharpy evans

Libbililly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:08 am
no, but it doesn't mean I don't practice  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:14 pm
see wicca is how the witch wants to practice  

[Chaotic Dreamer]

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:46 am
halogamer112233
umm not true of what gene said i am true wiccan it my birth right i was born a wiccan you do not have to join a coven to be wiccan its how you practice and celebrate it before you open your mouth think of what you speak im not in a coven but i am still blood wiccan
There's no such thing as a "born Wiccan" or "blood Wiccan" (wtf?)... people aren't born as part of a religion, they are inducted into one.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:47 am
[Chaotic Dreamer]
true wicca isn't just in one form. you can be a solitary witch or be in a coven. you may want to read up more.
If you want to go into "true Wicca", the purest form of Wicca would be that practiced by those following Gardner's system.

Yes one can be a solitary Witch, but that doesn't make them Wiccan.  

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

gasp Account moved

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:33 pm
Sorta of..
I cast spells with and 'teach' a few people.. But not anything offical...It's hard for me to get near anything remotely witchcrafy with my unknowlage Christain Parents lurking about O.o

Most of the stuff I cast..are spells that like...'poof' into my head O.o  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:00 pm
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil
[Chaotic Dreamer]
If you want to go into "true Wicca", the purest form of Wicca would be that practiced by those following Gardner's system.

"wiccan" is a person who practices wicca
so yes it does make them wiccan  

[Chaotic Dreamer]

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:47 am
[Chaotic Dreamer]
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil
[Chaotic Dreamer]

"wiccan" is a person who practices wicca
so yes it does make them wiccan
But what they're practicing wouldn't be Wicca, it'd be a more general type of Witchcraft, stemming from Witchcraft and Wiccan sources. I've never once encountered a single "solitary Wiccan" who actually practiced the fertility rituals and initiations of Wicca. Heck, most "Wiccans" I've met pick and choose which gods they worship from any and every culture, and still claim to be Wiccan! It's ridiculus.

Proper Wiccan practice can only be learnt from other Wiccans, in person, with proper instruction and teaching, as well as initiation. Reading a few books wont do that. It'd be like someone calling themselves a Catholic after reading a book on Catholicism, giving themselves their own baptism and eating Communion wafers that they made from household bread. It doesn't work.

And no, practicing Witchcraft doesn't make someone Wiccan, they're not the same. If it did, then every Witch would be Wiccan, and no doubt hundreds of Witches would disagree, possibly even be insulted and outraged at being lumped in with Wiccans. At a stretch, it'd make them a wicca/wicce, but not a Wiccan. Solitary Witch =/= solitary Wiccan.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:09 pm
im not in a coven. im a solitary practioner. the town in which i live in is very religious and would frown on witches or anything like that.  

LadyRosa73

Wealthy Member

2,350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
True Wicca

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers