Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Edelsteine - The Elder Gods
-S U G G E S T I O N S - and - Q U E S T I O N S - Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ivynian
Vice Captain

Cat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:13 pm
Ithiltari

Is it possible to get a plotting subforum? o:

Yup  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:14 pm
You're the best. <3  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:41 pm
I was wondering if there was enough interest we could get a Marketplace subforum? I know a while back the marketplace was the go-to place for activity for RPs and I thought perhaps if there was enough interest we could start a marketplace subforum for freebie minishops and the like? Idk, just crossed my mind. I thought perhaps it could also have a 'Noticeboard' where small, community created/submitted/approved quests could be placed for characters to 'claim'.

Juuuust thinking out loud, but I think it could be cool.

And I know that activity isn't really an issue here, I know myself I'm quite lazy/sporadic, but I noticed a few of the other big RP shops that have point systems for growth have double points months/weeks/weekends etc. and I thought it might be cool if we could incorporate this in some way. Of course the reqs aren't that difficult to achieve, and perhaps this might create a huge backlog for you Ivy but I thought it was a neat idea that could maybe be incorporated into Edel somehow.

Like I said before, just thoughts! Feel free to trash/scrap/rip/ignore!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:04 pm
Vesale

And I know that activity isn't really an issue here, I know myself I'm quite lazy/sporadic, but I noticed a few of the other big RP shops that have point systems for growth have double points months/weeks/weekends etc. and I thought it might be cool if we could incorporate this in some way. Of course the reqs aren't that difficult to achieve, and perhaps this might create a huge backlog for you Ivy but I thought it was a neat idea that could maybe be incorporated into Edel somehow.

Like I said before, just thoughts! Feel free to trash/scrap/rip/ignore!

addressed the first suggestion, the subforum exists~

The second -
I appreciate the suggestion!
There's mitigation with allowing art (and art the player didn't even have to do anything expect pay gold to someone for) to count for reqs, so I'm not sure what the need for 'doubles' weekends is other than making it really easy to meet reqs for the sake of art.

As broken down spreadsheet-wise by SkieBorne back when I adjusted to the new player-tallied, transparent evolution system, the requirements have become very attainable and manageable to anyone who does a minimum of footwork approaching others with plots. So much so that when the new Tally system went live, if you remember, there was even a little bit of backlash against just how easy things has become (and not from me but from players). Its easy to get an evolution just by sitting down even once a week and writing.  

Ivynian
Vice Captain

Cat

midnight_medea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:02 am
Underworld specific query, forgive my rambling as I explain, I’m sure you’re used to it by now wink

So I’ve been plotting for Val and the rebuilding of the Underworld. As she can’t venture down there yet she’s working on securing the outer gates and finding the various guardians, some were put into play by Thabs, and some new ones I’m working on. One is a dungeon keeper of sorts.

A pivotal theme of afterlife mythology is of course Judgement. It has been set up that those judged worthy are reborn. Val feels those judged as being unworthy should be punished.

Now, my query is one of punishment.
I was hoping to have a kind of Tartarus type abyss/prison, perhaps where those who refuse to accept their crimes are either swallowed by nothingness or, for more plot opportunities, imprisoned for eternity. It could even hold enemies of the Twin Crown if need be? (I don’t remember mention of anything similar except perhaps the Ashlands?)

Now, my question is this … is that a feasible thing to put into play or would it be treading on toes?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:09 pm
midnight_medea
Underworld specific query, forgive my rambling as I explain, I’m sure you’re used to it by now wink

So I’ve been plotting for Val and the rebuilding of the Underworld. As she can’t venture down there yet she’s working on securing the outer gates and finding the various guardians, some were put into play by Thabs, and some new ones I’m working on. One is a dungeon keeper of sorts.

A pivotal theme of afterlife mythology is of course Judgement. It has been set up that those judged worthy are reborn. Val feels those judged as being unworthy should be punished.

I was hoping to have a kind of Tartarus type abyss/prison, perhaps where those who refuse to accept their crimes are either swallowed by nothingness or, for more plot opportunities, imprisoned for eternity. It could even hold enemies of the Twin Crown if need be? (I don’t remember mention of anything similar except perhaps the Ashlands?)

Now, my question is this … is that a feasible thing to put into play or would it be treading on toes?

I'm trying to wrap my head around how to answer this, but just to let you know, I did see this and am thinking on it!  

Ivynian
Vice Captain

Cat

midnight_medea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:31 pm
ivynian

Awesome, if you want me to clarify anything just pm me or poke me on aim. I know I'm not always brilliant at explaining my ideas.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:21 am
midnight_medea

It is feasible to have a prison/tartarus location in Underworld. It would be entirely for souls/the dead, however, and not for anything that isn't dead. It would be an imprisonment/timespan sort of thing (which could be for all eternity essentially just never being released until the true Gehenna that destroyed everything that Is)

'Swallowed by nothing' / 'ceasing to exist in any capacity' is a very, very powerful concept that DOES exist in the Edel world, but not in control of any of the Edelsteine gods save Creation/Destruction alone. That concept is a return to Void, to non-being, and is what the Grigori are somehow wielding against everything that is.

So that sort of punishment would not have been enacted by either Underworld, Judgement/Justice, etc. Any party wishing that sort of a punishment to be levied in the days before the Fading would have brought the evidence to tribunal before the feet of the Twin Crown, Kings, and the Primordials. It was possible to have it done, but very, very rarely and very seriously- it removed completely some piece of the great fabric woven by Harmodius in the beginning that was not replaceable. The preference in punishements would have been to rebirth/remake/recycle the essence of the punished into something else (still destroying the self, but keeping the fabric).

So the short answer is yes, you can have a Tartarus, and as it exists within what 'Is' and is in the domain/body/control of the Underworlds it will be limited to mortal and ageless immortal dead/souls.  

Ivynian
Vice Captain

Cat

midnight_medea

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:07 am
Ivynian

So the short answer is yes, you can have a Tartarus, and as it exists within what 'Is' and is in the domain/body/control of the Underworlds it will be limited to mortal and ageless immortal dead/souls.

Fabulous! Thank you very much. heart

Some interesting information in there too with regard to crime and punishment in the Edelverse, I do enjoy learning the meta-mythology.  
Edelsteine - The Elder Gods

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff