Welcome to Gaia! ::

Halo Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Halo, Gaming, Games, Video Games 

Reply General Halo Discussion
Master Chief armor possible in real life? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

?
  yes
  no
View Results

Lahlooooouh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:22 pm
I was wondering if with human technology is it actually possible to make a suit like master cheifs. I mean one that even recharges and at the same time is bullet proof. This is a halo/science question. anyone know? i am just curious. mrgreen

~Thread title edited by bslayer4~  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:59 pm
theoretically i suppose it would be possible. but the money and research it would take to create it would be enourmous.

i'd suggest trying light weight yet durable alloys since clearly the average human probably wouldn't be able to carry the monstrosity much less move in it. next you'd need some kind of fusion reactor core battery that could possible power all the energy needed but that would mean having a virtual bomb on your back which sounds like a bad idea. the real trick for the shields would probably be something involving a magnetic force like the back end of a magnet meant to repel objects and in essence things with a polar charge (so things like electricity and plasma discharge)

*shrug* but then again i should shut my nerdy mouth before my inner geek orgasms from the possibilities. sweatdrop  

BlackFyreDragun

Rivlen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:12 am
i dont think we can make it with sheilds xp

but i suppose the rest of it is possible =/

it just wouldnt be worth the monney for regular army peoplez xp xp  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:07 pm
Humans aren't even close to creating a replica of master chief's suit its years away and you'd probably need some powerful alloys like blackfyre said and all that other stuff that I'm not gonna bother typing out  

THE CAKE IZ A LIE

BlackFyreDragun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:38 pm
XxDARTH RIVLENxX
i dont think we can make it with sheilds xp

but i suppose the rest of it is possible =/

it just wouldnt be worth the monney for regular army peoplez xp xp

i think it can be made with shields but it'd need a ton of research to figure out the kinks. once again, the shields would most likely have to be some kind of magnetic polar thing. since electricity is negative that would mean all the shield would have to do is put out a negative discharge to displace or 'reflect' the negative electrons. it'd still need a ton of research but it's just a rough thoery. after all. the problem would be supplying the constant power that such a force would require. the only think that i'm thinking that is self sustaining and puts out a great deal of energy would be a type of fusion reaction. the problem would be that it would most likely be highly unstable. (potential bomb unstable)

*shrug* once again, things are theoretically possible but it's just beyond our scope at the moment still. genetic enhancements sound like they might be nescessary for the person controling the suit to not be killed from the weight such a suit would likely cause. but that is a whole different subject altogether.

and yeah, regular army probably wouldn't be using it. but special tactics by military elite would likely find it very useful. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:40 pm
well i am just curious i don't think we really need it though.. it seems lately a country is powerful depending on who has the most nukes. ahhah

As for the battery they could make the whole suit some sort of bullet proof solar power armor.... I don't know what i am saying so just ignore the stupid things i say. ahhah  

Lahlooooouh

BlackFyreDragun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:44 pm
BlackSkull8
well i am just curious i don't think we really need it though.. it seems lately a country is powerful depending on who has the most nukes. ahhah

As for the battery they could make the whole suit some sort of bullet proof solar power armor.... I don't know what i am saying so just ignore the stupid things i say. ahhah

solar fuel cells wouldn't possibly put out enough energy. and then there is the whole 'oh crap we have to scrub the mission since it's getting dark outside!' thingy. sweatdrop

it'd be highly illogical to make a suit designed for war with such a large handicap as depending on sunlight.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:09 pm
First of all, we gotta get the Spartan program moving because they have to run fast (I think 2 km ph) and lift heavy weights. Then you can put the armor on them Because the armor was pretty heavy when I read it in the book. THe marine jsut got pwned.  

EternalLotus

BlackFyreDragun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:15 pm
EternalLotus
First of all, we gotta get the Spartan program moving because they have to run fast (I think 2 km ph) and lift heavy weights. Then you can put the armor on them Because the armor was pretty heavy when I read it in the book. THe marine jsut got pwned.

indeed. but once again, like i mentioned, genetic enhancements would be a whole topic in itself. but a very interesting one indeed. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:50 pm
Wouldnt work, Master Chief's suit is 2 tonnes. (or tons)

So it would like.. Break anything you step on.

LifelessFawkes

The Dark Dragon of Chaos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:42 pm
what if the sheild was acting as a sort of buffer, also i would kinda worry about a mechanical failure and have the suit attract to itself through the wearer and having him crushed.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:50 pm
this is why we leave the science alone and turn it into a game. ahha  

Lahlooooouh

The Dark Dragon of Chaos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:43 am
also wouldn't the reverse magnetic feild push away items, like warthogs. though if you devised a way to make the gun stay and have the geneticly engineered solidier inside able to deal with the push on the bullets you could get some serious extra power off the weapon  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:01 am
i suppose it would, but even in the book it states that the shield had to be lowered in area like the feet and hands so that the chief could grip weapons and so that he didn't "slide" all over the place. I figure the same would have to be done if you were making a magnetic field around the suit. also as the the metal being attracted itself maybe they could attempt to depolarize the metal?

sounds farfetched i know but a lot of this does too. sweatdrop  

BlackFyreDragun

ProfessinalNewbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:56 am
Lets see u could make a plastic version...but titanium alloys and a rechargin energy sheild would be hard... pirate  
General Halo Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff