Exotic Weapons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GS Sailor Saturn
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:38 pm
It probably doesn't quite count as exotic, but I own a replica Naginata.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:44 am
By D&D standards, it's just a masterwork shortsword, so no. It's not an exotic weapon. They are better than other swords of it's size, being stronger and staying sharper longer.

How's this for an exotic weapon:
The Nail Gun
1d3 peircing damage
19-20, x2 crit
Can fire 40 rounds in 3 seconds
Range incriment: 20'  

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Little Green Soldier
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:29 pm
I'd consider a naginata to be a masterwork glaive rather than a sword. Y'know, being a polearm and all.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:48 pm
Little Green Soldier
I'd consider a naginata to be a masterwork glaive rather than a sword. Y'know, being a polearm and all.
I agree. A 7-foot long polearm can't really be called a shortsword. Damn thing's taller than I am! xd  

GS Sailor Saturn
Crew

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:13 pm
Frikken lysdexia! >< Sorry, my mind's in the gutter at 6 am after two hours of sleep. I was thinkin' of the washa-call-it.

Great, now I'm irratable and feel like an @$$...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:46 pm
Iomma Sensei
Frikken lysdexia! >< Sorry, my mind's in the gutter at 6 am after two hours of sleep. I was thinkin' of the washa-call-it.

Great, now I'm irratable and feel like an @$$...
Wakazashi, I think. The partner to a Samurai's Katana, right?  

GS Sailor Saturn
Crew

Fiver

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:51 am
Why the heck would a nail gun need to fire 40 nails in 3 seconds?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:46 am
Yes, the short one with the impossibly pronoucnable name for me, that one >
The bangbang can fire about 40 nails, if you fully load it, pull back on the safety clip, and fire a spray at a tree. It's fun, but it's a waste of nails.  

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Narsyssa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:29 pm
DJ Ducki
Flails in general are mostly used for like overhead crushing blows, as the base of the swing is amplified with the chain, as you can jump start the swing of it into an even more devestating blow with the spiked ball. I could also see the Dire Flail used like a pole weapon too though, spinning it around your body at the waist in a horizontal hit, then coming into a couple flurries of uppercut like hits with it, or even coming down in the same fashion.

Here is a weapon for ya...

3 section staff with blades on the ends of the staff on 1st section, and a 4 prong head on the 3rd section. the 3 sections designed to link together to form a solid quarterstaff sized weapon if the three are pressed into eachother and twisted against eachother.

I will attach a picture later for better clarity.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:31 pm
Iomma Sensei
By D&D standards, it's just a masterwork shortsword, so no. It's not an exotic weapon. They are better than other swords of it's size, being stronger and staying sharper longer.

How's this for an exotic weapon:
The Nail Gun
1d3 peircing damage
19-20, x2 crit
Can fire 40 rounds in 3 seconds
Range incriment: 20'

Range Increment = 5 ft. they are not accurate at all. and the rate of fire is a max of 2 a second. with a -4 to hit mod stacked for each additional attack. Requires 2 hands to use. Crit rage = 20/x4 and base damage is good.

Would say max shots per round would be 4 shots per round as a full attack.  

Narsyssa

Narsyssa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:26 pm
Little Green Soldier
Alright, I've had it with misinformation about these things.

First up, the Dire Flail. I've heard more complaints than I care to count about the physics of this weapon, mostly from people who never took a physics class in their lives.

The Dire Flail is a two handed bludgeoning weapon. It comes in two flavours, one, a three sectioned staff, two, a short pole with a ball and chain at each end.

First, let's establish that this is an existing weapon. It was not created for hahas by Gary Gygax, it does actually exist. I have seen them used. The first incarnation can be seen in the hands of Jet Li in many movies. The second incarnation is rarer, but still usable.

Most dissenters complain that the impact of the first ball would stop the momentum of the rest of the weapon, causing it to injure the wielder. Not true. Remember that this is technically a chain weapon, effectively putting the bludgeoning ends in completely different frames of reference. Since you would be continually spinning the weapon in a figure-eight motion to begin with, the impact of the first ball is used to angle the direction of the follow-through, devastating the target with the second ball. The wielder would then use the few moments of stunned opponent to get the weapon spinning again, preparing for the next strike.

Next: The Dwarven Urgosh. This has been a real weapon for centuries. It's called a pole-axe. 'Nuff said.

on this you forgot about the third type of dire flail. THe more commonly thought of one. It looks like a mace, however it has 3 to 4 spiked balls on chains hanging off of the top end of it. This style was mostly designed for massive attacks at the same time. Each spiked head hits different spots on the same target at roughly the same time. Usually this was used to crush your opponents internal organs through thier armor without actually needing to get past thier armor.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:35 pm
Narsyssa
on this you forgot about the third type of dire flail. THe more commonly thought of one. It looks like a mace, however it has 3 to 4 spiked balls on chains hanging off of the top end of it. This style was mostly designed for massive attacks at the same time. Each spiked head hits different spots on the same target at roughly the same time. Usually this was used to crush your opponents internal organs through thier armor without actually needing to get past thier armor.

No, I left it out on purpose. It doesn't raise the same physics questions as the ones I described, and is thus irrelevant.  

Little Green Soldier
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:10 pm
Iomma Sensei
Fiver
I love the foil for two reasons.

First: swords proved their superiority by becoming the weapon of choice... everywehere. When the Italians came up with the rapier, it came to light that someone who was any good with a rapier easily bested even the most skilled swordsmen with any other kind of sword. Finally, the French perfected what the Italians started by realizing that swords don't actually need to cut, producing a rapier which could easily reach past any other.

The second reason is I just find the idea of kicking someone's a** while looking like a total pansy hilarious.

Fruitcake whee

Hey, at least you don't look like a drunk when you fight (stupid balancing issue ><).

That's me when I bowl.... darn lack of bowling skill. I think that the staff is an awesome all around weapon. Even though I lack any actual weapon training. It's always been a favourite of mine in stories. Very versatile what from I've seen.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:18 pm
Arms and Armor gave me quite a few happytime weapons, both exotic and martial.

Widowmaker [2hnd Martial] 1d12, 19-20/x3
Executioner's Sword [2hnd exotic] 1d12, 20/x4

Course, when it comes to outright raw power, in any game, the Falchion remains my top favorite among my Fighters.  

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The Drunken Dwarf Tavern

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash