heaven
  hell
  they disapear
View Results

fantrl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:25 am
Cometh The Inquisitor
fantrl
Original sin. Adam screwed it up for us all.

The original sin has/had no effect on humanity as a whole. It killed Eve and Adam, but not us.
So then in your mind:

-humanity loves serpents
-women don't have pain in childbearing
-the husband isn't the head of the household
-you don't have to work hard to live
-we don't wear clothes
-you believe Genesis 3 is not inspired  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:20 am
fantrl
So then in your mind:

-humanity loves serpents

Serpents are still creations of God. What's so wrong about loving them?

Quote:
-women don't have pain in childbearing

Original sin, not punishment for original sin.

Quote:
-the husband isn't the head of the household

See above.
Quote:
-you don't have to work hard to live

Well, dome don't, but, again, we were talking original sin, not the punishment for it.

Quote:
-we don't wear clothes

see above
Quote:
-you believe Genesis 3 is not inspired

All of the Bible is divinly inspired. Nowhere in Genesis 3 is the concept of original sin mentioned (Or, pretty much, in the rest of the bible. Though there was one verse that hinted at the original sin afffecting those who came before Moses).  

ioioouiouiouio

Tarrou

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:52 pm
Because I can't help myself:

Abortion is a noun and, as such, you can't conjugate it (i.e. 'abortioned' isn't actually a word). The word you're looking for is aborted.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:10 am
Cometh The Inquisitor
fantrl
Original sin. Adam screwed it up for us all.

The original sin has/had no effect on humanity as a whole. It killed Eve and Adam, but not us.
It doesn't matter because God is a merciful God. He cares too much for you. A baby in a mother's tomb has no ability to believe.  

Atarashi No Sensei

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:46 am
just jumping in here real quick, if you tie this in AFTER READING my "Hell and Hades" thread,

unless they are one of God's chosen, they go automatically to Hades until the day of judgement comes.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:58 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
starry_mist

true, but they never believed that Jesus died on the cross either.

They never sinned, and, thus, never needed to be saved from that sin.

Although I know this is a Christian guild..I thought I might throw this out there. I took a course called Jewish Stories and Storytelling last semester at my college and the proffessor was talking about how some Jews believe that while the baby is in the womb, he/she has all knowledge of the world and everything that they will ever do. However, before birth, an angel comes and takes that knowledge away from them, and then they have to spend the rest of their lives trying to gain it back. And that's why people have the constant thirst for knowledge......Anyway, my point was...if this were true, wouldn't babies know what sin was?

But assuming the logical answer here...babies have no foreknowledge of what sin is nor do they have the capacity to judge right from wrong or to know who Jesus is. So they wouldn't be able to accept him as Lord and Savior even if they wanted to.  

Curium

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:18 pm
Curium
Although I know this is a Christian guild..I thought I might throw this out there. I took a course called Jewish Stories and Storytelling last semester at my college and the proffessor was talking about how some Jews believe that while the baby is in the womb, he/she has all knowledge of the world and everything that they will ever do. However, before birth, an angel comes and takes that knowledge away from them, and then they have to spend the rest of their lives trying to gain it back. And that's why people have the constant thirst for knowledge......Anyway, my point was...if this were true, wouldn't babies know what sin was?

But assuming the logical answer here...babies have no foreknowledge of what sin is nor do they have the capacity to judge right from wrong or to know who Jesus is. So they wouldn't be able to accept him as Lord and Savior even if they wanted to.

I never said that babies don't know what sin is. I mean, I don't think that babies have any knowledge whatsoever (they don't have a developed brain), but that's not what I said anyways. Besides, surely God knows what sin is.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:33 am
Cometh The Inquisitor
Curium

I never said that babies don't know what sin is. I mean, I don't think that babies have any knowledge whatsoever (they don't have a developed brain), but that's not what I said anyways. Besides, surely God knows what sin is.

I know you didn't say that. I was just adding in that little thing about the babies having all the knowledge. Also, I was just stating my opinion.  

Curium

divineseraph

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:56 pm
i do not know. i am not sure if they go anywhere. i would hope heaven, but how can one go to hevaen when they have never been concious, never learned, never created an identity for themselves in life?

no matter where they go, it is unnaceptable to use this as an excuse for abortion. it is simply not fair that we get to have life, yet at the same time bar others from the same priviledge simply for convenience.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:58 pm
First of all sin is knowing the difference between right and wrong and knowingly choosing to do what is wrong!
No one can sin if they don't know the difference between right and wrong!
Each person comes to a point in their life where they know, and then choose to either do right, or sin.
It doesn't matter that they haven't heard about Jesus. A baby doesn't know anything but pain, love, discomfort, hunger, safety, and relief when they go to the bathroom. They do not have the mental capability to understand much more than that. They are perfect. According to Psalm 139:13-16, the baby spent time in the womb getting put together,formed by God. God isn't going to place an imperfect sinful being in the world.
If we are born with sin, then how could Jesus have ever saved us? We have to be born without sin, otherwise Jesus' death, buriel and resurrection are null and void.
A baby goes to heaven.  

jamesthelittle

Pandemasu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:09 am
I asked a question like this in my Youth Church a while ago.

They told me this:
The moment a sperm and an egg are combined, it becomes a being, at that moment it has a soul.
The unborn baby goes to heaven when aborted, because even in the womb it has a soul.

I highly disaprove of abortion.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:16 pm
fantrl
They go to the same place children who die at the age of 1 or 2.

Wherever God takes them.

I'd like to think our God is merciful enough to bring them into heaven.

Unfortunately, the bible says nothing overt about this, and I'm not comfortable speaking for God where he has not spoken.

i say ages 1 - 12
you really start wanting to understand religion and the ways of the world when you reach 13
but like you said, the Bible doesn't specify the ages

Seority

vampy dave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:01 pm
An aborted baby (or a young child that dies) has not yet reached the age of accountability (the age where they can understand the difference between right and wrong and sin and all that). Thus, until then, they can't understand how to be saved or why they should be saved. Because of that, the children are innocent, and God would (most likely) let them into Heaven (especially the unborn ones).  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:14 pm
Just to be contrary:
I have heard many people say that sin is knowing the difference between right and wrong, and doing what is wrong. Because babies do not know the difference, they cannot sin.
A few problems with this. One, the bible states that there is only one (1) person who has not sinned: Jesus. I would assume this includes all people regardless of age.
Two, sin isn't merely knowing what is right and wrong.
Quote:
Luke 12:47-48
12:47 That 1 servant who knew his master’s will but did not get ready or do what his master asked 2 will receive a severe beating. 12:48 But the one who did not know his master’s will 3 and did things worthy of punishment 4 will receive a light beating. 5 From everyone who has been given much, much will be required, 6 and from the one who has been entrusted with much, 7 even more will be asked. 8

Otherwise, adults who weren't told about Christianity would not be able to sin either.
Three, sinning doesn't require doing something. Not doing something, such as not telling someone they are eating poison berries, could also be a sin.

Now, I am by no means saying that I believe that those babies are automatically going to hell. I believe that God is going to judge him with the same fairness he does everybody. So I would assume they go to Heaven, because they can't have done much sinning, eh? And they would have pure hearts, I would think.

heart  

Kittey-chan

Haneul Security

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:11 pm
that_fairy
One, the bible states that there is only one (1) person who has not sinned: Jesus. I would assume this includes all people regardless of age.

Just because you have a soul and a spirit does not mean that you have the ability to willfully do wrong. Sinning is making a conscious decision to do something wrong (like killing, stealing, lying, etc). I believe that when it says that Jesus was the only person who had not sinned it is speaking in regard to the people with the ability to sin. Babies and people with undeveloped brains do not have the ability to sin, because even if they do something wrong, they do not realize it.

that_fairy
Otherwise, adults who weren't told about Christianity would not be able to sin either.

Everyone (unless you have some sort of mental problem) develops the ability to tell what is right or wrong. You don't need religion to understand that hurting or killing someone else is not right. Every one has a soul and spirit. People often confuse one or the other for their conscience.

that_fairy
Three, sinning doesn't require doing something. Not doing something, such as not telling someone they are eating poison berries, could also be a sin.

The difference here is that you would be allowing something bad to happen, which would technically be doing something.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff