Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
Day of Silence for Abortion Victims *Baby Murder* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Participating?
  Yes
  No
View Results

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:03 am
fantrl
LittlePinky82
Abortion is my right. God gave me freewill and I suggest you respect it since it's a blessing from God. It's not YOUR choice to tell me or anyone else what to do. You can disagree about hey guess what? DON'T DO IT THEN! But respect MY freewill.
A neocon could easily use the same logic to justify the war.

"Going to war is my right. God gave me freewill and I suggest you respect it since it's a blessing from God. It's not YOUR choice to tell me or anyone else what to do. You can disagree about hey guess what? DON'T DO IT THEN! But respect MY freewill."

Or stealing:
"Stealing is my right. God gave me freewill and I suggest you respect it since it's a blessing from God. It's not YOUR choice to tell me or anyone else what to do. You can disagree about hey guess what? DON'T DO IT THEN! But respect MY freewill."

Or murder:
"Murder is my right. God gave me freewill and I suggest you respect it since it's a blessing from God. It's not YOUR choice to tell me or anyone else what to do. You can disagree about hey guess what? DON'T DO IT THEN! But respect MY freewill."

Or the death penalty:
"The death penalty is my right. God gave me freewill and I suggest you respect it since it's a blessing from God. It's not YOUR choice to tell me or anyone else what to do. You can disagree about hey guess what? DON'T DO IT THEN! But respect MY freewill."

Or adultery:
"Adultery is my right. God gave me freewill and I suggest you respect it since it's a blessing from God. It's not YOUR choice to tell me or anyone else what to do. You can disagree about hey guess what? DON'T DO IT THEN! But respect MY freewill."

Or divorce and remarriage:
"Divorce and remarriage is my right. God gave me freewill and I suggest you respect it since it's a blessing from God. It's not YOUR choice to tell me or anyone else what to do. You can disagree about hey guess what? DON'T DO IT THEN! But respect MY freewill."

Or contraception:
"Contraception is my right. God gave me freewill and I suggest you respect it since it's a blessing from God. It's not YOUR choice to tell me or anyone else what to do. You can disagree about hey guess what? DON'T DO IT THEN! But respect MY freewill."

Or devil worship:
"Devil worship is my right. God gave me freewill and I suggest you respect it since it's a blessing from God. It's not YOUR choice to tell me or anyone else what to do. You can disagree about hey guess what? DON'T DO IT THEN! But respect MY freewill."

Your argument works for all of those things. Basically, your argument sucks.

Wrong. Freewill is of a person's actions and deeds. God does not talk about abortion in the New Testament which is what I follow as a Christian since I'm not a Jew. The difference between some people and Jesus is Jesus respected freewill. There are laws and there's freewill. It is my freewill and it is my choice. Now if a neocon uses freewill to justify war I can use my freewill to justify myself being against it and stopping them. Oh and you can't use that either because Romans chapter thirteen again comes into play. Please show me in the New Testament where Jesus talks about abortion. I'll be waiting.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:05 am
fantrl
LittlePinky82
1) Not when it deals with hypocriacy and that was my whole point. If you're "pro-life" and then you turn around and you're a big "war" or war cheerleader you're a hypocrite.
Or being anti-war and yet supporting the genocide of minorities and the poor via abortion.

It goes both ways my friend.

Uh no it doesn't. When you have an abortion it's a fetus. A fetus isn't a human being who's dying such as from a war. You're going to say abortion is genocide? I suggest you check out the definition of genocide hon:

From dictionary.com

4 results for: genocide
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source new!
gen‧o‧cide  /ˈdʒɛnəˌsaɪd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[jen-uh-sahyd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.
[Origin: 1940–45; < Gk géno(s) race + -cide]

—Related forms
gen‧o‧cid‧al, adjective
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source new!
gen·o·cide (jn-sd) Pronunciation Key Audio pronunciation of "genocide" [P]
n.

The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group.

[Greek genos, race; see gen- in Indo-European Roots + -cide.]geno·cidal (-sdl) adj.
geno·cidal·ly adv.

(Download Now or Buy the Book)
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary - Cite This Source new!

Main Entry: geno·cide
Pronunciation: 'jen-&-"sId
Function: noun
: the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group —compare HOMICIDE —geno·cid·al /"jen-&-'sId-&l/ adjective
Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.
WordNet - Cite This Source new!

genocide

n : systematic killing of a racial or cultural group [syn: race murder, racial extermination]

And a fetus doesn't have a culture group now does it? And it's not political is it? And it's not yet with a race is it? Oops. So much for that definition.  

LittlePinky82

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:06 am
fantrl
LittlePinky82
And you can't be a victim of something if you're not concsceious, have no feelings etc.
It's a good thing you aren't speaking of fetuses, because they can feel pain. And are you saying that if you tranquilize someone, and then kill them, the murdered isn't a victim? Come on, at least try to make decent points. If you want people to listen to you, give them valid points. Don't make up lies.

Prove it. I'll be waiting for your reliable and valid sources.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:21 am
Oh and I wanted to add to the person who said it's hypocritical to be against war and pro-choice it's not and I'll tell you why. Unlike people who are "pro-life" and wanting to do nothing but punish the woman and treat her liked chopped liver people who are pro-choice understand there are other ways to end abortion besides making it illegal and taking away that protection through the law. You can work on ways to help women with not having abortions whether it's through advice or help with money and income. Look for example to now and compare it to when Clinton was president. Abortion was the lowest ever when we had President Clinton in the States. Women who feel like they can take care of their babies will keep them. Being pro-choice just means you in the end respect that person's freewill that we were all blessed with from God. In the end God can only judge us and our actions and deeds. If you're claiming to be pro-life and you then are for war you're not trying to stop innocent people from dying. Of course though when President Clinton did Kosovo not one US soldier died in that. I'm not sure how many people from there died though but my point is if you are going to send a country to war or "war" with someone else you should want to make sure you don't lose many lives whether it's your own people or the government you're fighting against. And then there's also being for the death penalty and you're taking another life and being like that person you are killing. So I hope you see where I'm coming from.  

LittlePinky82

Tarrou

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:43 am
LittlePinky82
And you're trolling yourself now. Hello pot meet kettle! I'm sure you'd be nice friends.

Trolling. I'm afraid that you'll have to come up with a better defense than 'I know you are but what am I?' if you want to acquit yourself in my eyes. I'm not trying to get a rise out of anyone here, nor am I trying to disrupt the flow of conversation. I've insulted you, yes, but your behavior matches the insult to a T. Ever since you came into this forum you have gone out of your way to belittle the opinions of everyone who doesn't agree with you. Perhaps you really are motivated by a blinding, albeit genuine, sense of self-righteousness, but your constant antagonization of the members of this guild strikes me as being distinctly trollish behavior.
You don't even take responsibly for the fact that, maybe—just maybe!—the tone of your posts isn't as nice and conciliatory as you think they are, and that perhaps you really do sound shrill and obnoxious to the other posters here. Perception is reality, as they say, and it doesn't matter whether or not you intend your posts to sound insulting: if they're perceived as insulting by others then it is a failure on your part as a writer to convey your emotions and you should own up to it. Cometh, Guillotine, and I have all made it very clear to you that your tone is hostile and that it is not appreciated. Now, you can act like an adult and attempt to correct that defect in your writing, or you can continue to throw out not-so-witty one-liners and protest your innocence. If you chose the latter, then I'm sorry, but the troll appellation sticks.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:06 pm
LittlePinky82
fantrl
LittlePinky82
1) Not when it deals with hypocriacy and that was my whole point. If you're "pro-life" and then you turn around and you're a big "war" or war cheerleader you're a hypocrite.
Or being anti-war and yet supporting the genocide of minorities and the poor via abortion.

Uh no it doesn't. When you have an abortion it's a fetus. A fetus isn't a human being who's dying such as from a war. You're going to say abortion is genocide? I suggest you check out the definition of genocide hon:

From dictionary.com

gen‧o‧cide  /ˈdʒɛnəˌsaɪd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[jen-uh-sahyd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.

—Related forms
gen‧o‧cid‧al, adjective
n.

The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group.

[Greek genos, race; see gen- in Indo-European Roots + -cide.]geno·cidal (-sdl) adj.
geno·cidal·ly adv.

: the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group —compare HOMICIDE —geno·cid·al /"jen-&-'sId-&l/ adjective

genocide

n : systematic killing of a racial or cultural group [syn: race murder, racial extermination]

And a fetus doesn't have a culture group now does it? And it's not political is it? And it's not yet with a race is it? Oops. So much for that definition.
LittlePinky82
fantrl
LittlePinky82

From dictionary.com

–noun

—Related forms
gen‧o‧cid‧al, adjective
n.

geno·cidal·ly adv.

genocide

The founder of Planned Parenthood promoted abortion as a way to eliminate the African race from the US. Look it up. Also, look at where planned parenthood's locations are. In poor areas, and predominately African American areas. Abortion is a genocide. A fetus is genetically a human being, and therefore is genetically part of a culture group and genetically has a race. Silly goose!  

fantrl

fantrl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:11 pm
LittlePinky82
Now if a neocon uses freewill to justify war I can use my freewill to justify myself being against it and stopping them
And I have the freewill to tell you that murdering a child is wrong, and stopping the baby-killers.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:46 pm
fantrl
LittlePinky82
fantrl
LittlePinky82

From dictionary.com

–noun

—Related forms
gen‧o‧cid‧al, adjective
n.

geno·cidal·ly adv.

genocide

LittlePinky82
fantrl
LittlePinky82

From dictionary.com

–noun

—Related forms
gen‧o‧cid‧al, adjective
n.

geno·cidal·ly adv.

genocide

The founder of Planned Parenthood promoted abortion as a way to eliminate the African race from the US. Look it up. Also, look at where planned parenthood's locations are. In poor areas, and predominately African American areas. Abortion is a genocide. A fetus is genetically a human being, and therefore is genetically part of a culture group and genetically has a race. Silly goose!

Since you provided this "information" prove it. I'm not going to look it up since it's your argument it's your duty to provide it. So now prove it or concede. Oh and answer me this: do you support what Bush is doing in Iraq? Gee isn't that genocide? Hmm let's see: culture group? Check. Political purposes? Check. Race? Check! So do you support that?  

LittlePinky82

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:47 pm
fantrl
LittlePinky82
Now if a neocon uses freewill to justify war I can use my freewill to justify myself being against it and stopping them
And I have the freewill to tell you that murdering a child is wrong, and stopping the baby-killers.

Answer me this: do you support Iraq and Afghainstan? I'll be waiting.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:25 pm
LittlePinky82
Since you provided this "information" prove it. I'm not going to look it up since it's your argument it's your duty to provide it. So now prove it or concede. Oh and answer me this: do you support what Bush is doing in Iraq? Gee isn't that genocide? Hmm let's see: culture group? Check. Political purposes? Check. Race? Check! So do you support that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger#Eugenics_and_Euthanasia

And I've already stated earlier in the thread that I'm against the war in Iraq.  

fantrl

fantrl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:37 pm
LittlePinky82
fantrl
LittlePinky82

Fourth time in this thread, no.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:29 pm
fantrl
LittlePinky82

You're going to quote me from wikipedia? Please find a reliable and valid place. ANYONE can write "information" there. Please find someone who is credible and knows what they are talking about. Your argument doesn't hold water until you do that.  

LittlePinky82

fantrl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:33 pm
LittlePinky82
fantrl
LittlePinky82

You're going to quote me from wikipedia? Please find a reliable and valid place. ANYONE can write "information" there. Please find someone who is credible and knows what they are talking about. Your argument doesn't hold water until you do that.
Wikipedia cites their sources. If you look at the article, you can look at the sources. But, obviously, you like being closed minded, and you're too lazy to look at anything that doesn't match your closed minded, anti-woman views.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:42 pm
fantrl
LittlePinky82
fantrl
LittlePinky82

Fourth time in this thread, no.

Well good to hear. Just curious but why with Afghainstan? I am glad to hear there are some people who really aren't hypocrites with their stance. See people seem to have this whole mixed idea with what it means to be pro-choice. It doesn't mean you are for abortion. It means you have the choice available to women who do need and/or want one. Not everybody believes like me. God blessed us all with freewill and to make our own decision's and God is our only judge. My place is to not judge other people but to let women know there are options available out there. There are other ways to get rid of abortion besides making it illegal and punishing women who do have abortions and their doctors. Some people are for abortion in the case of rape, incest and/or a medical issue but I was thinking about this a while back and how would you prove it with rape and/or incest??? I don't think being raped can be detected can it? So if you make acceptions for rape then wouldn't women just lie so they can have an abortion? And John Kerry answered the question perfectly in the 2004 presidential debate in the second one. He said while he personally may disagree with abortion all you can do as a person is give advice to women and show them there are other options. I also believe there should be more health care that is affordable. If you look at the reason's why women have abortion's only three reason's can not be changed with societies help and that's rape, incest and a medical issue. All the other reason's are things people can change with counseling or help with financies. Jimmy Carter makes a good point in his book "Our Endangered Values." He pretty much says the same thing and while trying to overturn Roe v Wade you should work on stopping it other ways. Sometimes it's just so frustrating when so many people who are prolife say they care about life and then they don't care about me and my health or another woman's health. There's just so much people can do if they work together and look at the reason's why women have abortions instead of their own personal views. While I'm religious and against abortion personally I know that not everybody shares my faith and I want to try to do what I can to show women that they don't have to have an abortion but if they want to and/or need to have one I will still respect that freewill even if I disagree with them. It's just like when people are gay. You may disagree with that but you should still respect their freewill that God gave us all. God even gave Satan freewill and God loves all of us that much. So that's why I'm for choice in the matter. It's not about what I believe or another person believes but it's about that respect we should want to have for each other. Plus we also can help prevent abortions by instead of all of this "ooh let's stay abstient!" only preferences we should have serious sex-education where it's done by professionals and they show the pro's and con's and teach you all you need to know about sex and how to protect yourself from not only getting pregnant but diseases. While abstience isn't a bad thing there should still be the information out there. And it shouldn't be about personal beliefs vs personal beliefs but what the serious doctor's and scientists who know this information say. Not wikipedia or some religious organization or whatever. That's just my piece.  

LittlePinky82

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:45 pm
fantrl
LittlePinky82
fantrl
LittlePinky82

Wikipedia cites their sources. If you look at the article, you can look at the sources. But, obviously, you like being closed minded, and you're too lazy to look at anything that doesn't match your closed minded, anti-woman views.

Antiwoman views? What in the world? Hon I'm prochoice and I am a woman. So I hate myself? Please. And it's your duty to provide the information since you are making the case. I went to your Wikipedia link and everyone of their "citations" went to another Wikipedia link. rolleyes Oh yes so they're going to cite themselves. LOL! Please get me a real source of information. I'll be waiting.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff