Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir BlackHeart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:16 pm
Berezi
NewFoundLight
Go to a church the Internet is not the place for this.
It can be. But I do agree with you for the most part. There's just something better about relationship finding in general.

Although I think if you had read you would have noticed that he'd already tried his church and hasn't found anybody he considers to be spiritually mature. This is kind of a last resort.
actually no I read the first post, and thats it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:44 pm
I none of christians in my youthgroup, besides the older ones (like 18 and 20 year olds) are spiritually mature, they dabble in the things of this world, and I see no growth in their walk with mine saviour.....I only hope they will leave the world behind............till then mine eyes are fixed on the Lord, I've no one else to ancher my faith in, besides my family, and my brethren in christ...I've no person to love intimently.....but the day shall come, this is my final resort till I leave mine home, or the one for me moves into my area.....would anyone care to seek out someone who might like this oldfashioned gentlemen? even though I'm a metalhead.....  

Etherealemblem

Berezi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:36 pm
NewFoundLight
Berezi
NewFoundLight
It can be. But I do agree with you for the most part. There's just something better about relationship finding in general.

Although I think if you had read you would have noticed that he'd already tried his church and hasn't found anybody he considers to be spiritually mature. This is kind of a last resort.
'twas a little further on in the discussion. =)

Magister, be careful about the whole faith anchoring thing. The last time I was spritually dependent on somene God took them away rather forcefully, because I did not try to grow on my own at all. I let them do the growing for me. It's one thing to help each other grow in the faith, but don't anchor it on them. God is the only person worth anchoring your faith to. Remember that God is a jealous God.

If I've misinterpreted you, sorry. At the same point, if I haven't, please take this warning into consideration.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:47 pm
Berezi
SaintChaos
ive had other relationships but only 2 that were actually serious..and each i learned valuable lessons not only about myself but about relationships as well....but the loneliness can really get to me sometimes. my emotions screw me over sometimes -_-..i really...really hate that i can't control them fully...however the next day i feel refreshed after having a personal emotional outburst when im by myself. *sighs* i still hate it though....im just lucky to be introverted by nature, or the loneliness would REALLY get to me.
You never have to be lonely. God is your eternal friend. Always remember that. God has filled every hole in my heart.

Not to mention, God will only bring the one into your life when you're satisfied with God's love by itself if it's His will for you to be married. =)

excuse me if im blunt, but obviously a friend can not fulfill that of a lover. friends are friends...lovers are lovers...if i was content and satisfied with God being a friend and that being all i needed, i wouldnt even be talking in this thread right now.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Etherealemblem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:04 am
Berezi
NewFoundLight
Berezi
NewFoundLight

'twas a little further on in the discussion. =)

Magister, be careful about the whole faith anchoring thing. The last time I was spritually dependent on somene God took them away rather forcefully, because I did not try to grow on my own at all. I let them do the growing for me. It's one thing to help each other grow in the faith, but don't anchor it on them. God is the only person worth anchoring your faith to. Remember that God is a jealous God.

If I've misinterpreted you, sorry. At the same point, if I haven't, please take this warning into consideration.

none taken, I've anchored my faith in people, they help me in trubled times, is what I meant, my father is the only one I truly anchor my faith in, my heavenly father and I shall never part, and I grow with him still.......I will never let someone else grow for me........but thanks for the warning, I didn't mean what you thought, but thanks anyways! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:28 am
To Saint Chaos: Perhaps what I should have said is that you shouldn't need another person to complete you.

To Magister: Oh, so that's what you meant by anchoring. I do that as well. But I think I've learned that God is always the first one I should go to in a crisis. Others can provide comfort, but only God can really change the situation. Plus, God gives peace. People can't really do that.

I'm glad you'll never let someone else grow for you. You're wiser than I was. =)

But really, that kind of relationship where you can go to someone for anything takes years to build. You might find that person on the internet, you might not. But I can tell you one thing, I doubt you'll initally meet on the premise of seeing if an intimate relationship will work out.

To both of you: everything I've said thus far has been my own convictions on love. I'm no expert.  

Berezi

Etherealemblem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:29 pm
Berezi
To Saint Chaos: Perhaps what I should have said is that you shouldn't need another person to complete you.

To Magister: Oh, so that's what you meant by anchoring. I do that as well. But I think I've learned that God is always the first one I should go to in a crisis. Others can provide comfort, but only God can really change the situation. Plus, God gives peace. People can't really do that.

I'm glad you'll never let someone else grow for you. You're wiser than I was. =)

But really, that kind of relationship where you can go to someone for anything takes years to build. You might find that person on the internet, you might not. But I can tell you one thing, I doubt you'll initally meet on the premise of seeing if an intimate relationship will work out.

To both of you: everything I've said thus far has been my own convictions on love. I'm no expert.

conviction surpasses knowledge on all fronts! for example prophesy, the Lord may convict you to say something will happen, it takes guts to make such a statement....unlike when thou knowest the answer, tis the uncertanty that shows where your faith is.........  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:50 pm
MagisterofJesusChrist
Berezi

conviction surpasses knowledge on all fronts! for example prophesy, the Lord may convict you to say something will happen, it takes guts to make such a statement....unlike when thou knowest the answer, tis the uncertanty that shows where your faith is.........

True that.

But the thing is, that's what God's told me about love. I'm to wait for it. And that person is also to be called to be a missionary, preferably a medical one. Any other calling would get in the way of mine. No one that gets in the way of God's plan for me could possibly be the one.

Anyway, prophecy isn't just saying something will happen when God tells you to. It's also telling people things that God wants them to hear. Or at least, that's the predominant way that it's manifested in me.

And I suppose it takes guts to come right out and say what God's been telling me to say. Be patient. God has already given you the sense to know that the right one isn't in your life yet. Have faith that you'll know when the right one comes, whether she's on the internet or in person. And don't rush it.  

Berezi

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:36 am
I'd be that girl but i think an internet relationship is quite tricky.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:05 am
PoppyDadswell

it can be, if you know not who the person really is!  

Etherealemblem

Berezi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:35 am
MagisterofJesusChrist
PoppyDadswell

XD

::shakes hand::

Well, 'twas nice talking with you. =)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:56 am
Berezi
MagisterofJesusChrist
PoppyDadswell

XD

and to thee as well, may the lord bless thee and thy loved ones forever!  

Etherealemblem

Berezi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:26 pm
MagisterofJesusChrist
Berezi
MagisterofJesusChrist
PoppyDadswell

XD

and to thee as well, may the lord bless thee and thy loved ones forever!
Thank you! May you and your loved ones be blessed as well! =)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:35 pm
Good luck, man... I'm looking for a girl myself... but, by junior year I know pretty much all the girls my age already, not many of them are good christians, and the ones who are, ive already had failed relationships with :p. Theres might be new students tho! thats always a good oportunity! lol, school starts in two days, so maybe I'll find someone... and you should keep looking in the real world, one of my best friends has a great relationship with a girl that he met on gaia, and then in real life... but that doesnt mean it can happen to everyone. they just happened to live near each other.  

Kyoni Dizzy

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces