Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:39 pm
LRD_nick
Marines arent trained to kill.
They are trained to serve amd protect.
If you are to read the (Sorry its early I cant spell) Declartion Of Independence.
IT says somewhere it maybe nessary to use force to protect our freedom,and rememeber the Free Masons,and this country was founding on some christians.
But for honoring your mother and father i can see how they feel.
Over theres trouble,but they should honor as your parents you choice.
I say go for it.

God bless you.

I've had plenty of family members in the military and have done enough research to know you are trained to kill in the military. Now it's up to the people who run the government on how to use them and their service.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:40 pm
ShakouMari-na
Well, that all depends.

Do you want to go into the Marines? If so, then I say go for it!

You can honor your mother and disagree with her at the same time. I agree with most of the other people here, talk to her. Tell her your reasons for wanting to join. Maybe you two can just agree to disagree, at worst.

Isn't the commandment "Thou shalt not murder?"

You have to remember that the Ten Commandments are Jewish laws given to Moses after the Jewish people were freed from Egypt and Pharroah. But Jesus did say to "love thy neighbor" and "turn the other cheek." I don't think killing someone is either.  

LittlePinky82

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:42 pm
Siren of Saturn
God says do not murder...
But what about when Israel had to defend herself from her enemy's? She had to kill..she is the Lord's chosen people. If the Marines had to kill to protect Israel..or something that was doing the Lords work *going to Iraq and helping to kill off the people that want to kill Gods chosen people i think would qualify*.
I've wanted to go into some branch of Military..particualry the Marines for about a year. Some for the wrong reasons..(i wanted to die..and if i could die in honor for my country then it would be better then killing myself) But i wanted to do something that would do some good in someone else's life.

If you'd recall Jeremiah 31:

31 "The time is coming," declares the LORD,
"when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.

32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to [d] them, [e] "
declares the LORD.

33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time," declares the LORD.
"I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,"
declares the LORD.
"For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more."

35 This is what the LORD says,
he who appoints the sun
to shine by day,
who decrees the moon and stars
to shine by night,
who stirs up the sea
so that its waves roar—
the LORD Almighty is his name:

36 "Only if these decrees vanish from my sight,"
declares the LORD,
"will the descendants of Israel ever cease
to be a nation before me."

37 This is what the LORD says:
"Only if the heavens above can be measured
and the foundations of the earth below be searched out
will I reject all the descendants of Israel
because of all they have done,"
declares the LORD.

38 "The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when this city will be rebuilt for me from the Tower of Hananel to the Corner Gate. 39 The measuring line will stretch from there straight to the hill of Gareb and then turn to Goah. 40 The whole valley where dead bodies and ashes are thrown, and all the terraces out to the Kidron Valley on the east as far as the corner of the Horse Gate, will be holy to the LORD. The city will never again be uprooted or demolished."

And what is happening now with Israel and Lebanon is Israel is murdering people. Including your fellow Christian's.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:45 am
Fuyana
So the marines want me to join. My mother is very against it. in the bible it says honor your mother and father that your days maybe long. if I disobey her then I am not honoring her even if I am 18. Also the MArines are taught to kill, thou shall not kill I don't believe in killing I believe in forgiveness, because if you cannot forgive your neighbor then God will not forgive you..the problem is THE marines won't take no for an answer.. I get all ready to say no then some how they pursuade me into thinking about it cause I'm still 17 I hate dissapointing people but I've gone as far as to doing those like practice things.. <_< I guess I already know the answer ..no I shouldn't join .

When you honor you mother and father, that means you must respect them and that you must always listen to them. But that is only when you are subjected as a child still. Depending on your age, in other people's perspectives, you could be considered an adult when you're 18. It is your choice whether or not you wish to join the Marines (I myself am a cadet in the Marine Corps JROTC). As for the saying, "Thou Shalt Not Kill", although that is indeed one of the 10 commandments, killing is necessary. Even God helped several bible characters kill, but for the proper seasons such as the people where evil and they were against Gods word. So as long as you kill to defend yourself and those you love, it is proper.

But overall, just pray about it. See what God has in store for you, because he knows what's best for you.

Semper Fi.  

General_Tenken

Elliot Reilly McMonty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:42 pm
I'd still say don't do it. Remember, God loves all, and if he wants them dead, they wouldn't be alive in the first place. You must remember that it's not mankind's right to decide who lives and who doesn't. And besides, you will be handing over your free will to the government, and you should never give up such a precious gift. Some may call fighting back brave, but doesn't it take more guts to stand and willingly die as Jesus did?

Sorry again if I sounded critical. If you think I'm crazy, that's fine. My parents think I am . . .  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff