Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply 40k Discussion
The Space Marines Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 398 399 400 401 402 403 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What Chapter do you play?
  Homebrew or custom
  Dark Angels
  White Scars
  Space Wolves
  Imperial Fists
  Blood Angels
  Iron Hands
  Ultramarines
  Salamanders
  Raven Guard
View Results

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:25 am
That's one dead Land Raider and yes, it's a slow evening for me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:50 pm
Lt. Brookman
Asmondai
Which is not suprising, considering how easy it is to kill a tank anyway.
Well, graviton weaponry can only hurt a tank on the roll of a 6, so it still takes some shooting to take down that Land Raider or Monolith. Then again, all you really need is one hit, as that's an automatic immobilized result, hur hur hur.

Then again, fifteen shots at say, a Land Raider..

Wether it is Graviton or not,
just getting a score of glancing hit on a result equals a hull-point lost.
Take all hull-points and the vehicle is wrecked.
Considering how many bullets fly that can cause a glancing hits,
it´s a wonder that Imperium hasn´t invented a tank version of a heavy´s hat.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:15 pm
Graviton always takes away a HP on a 6 though, regardless of how strong the armour of a vehicle is.

Some vehicles still are on top of the food chain, just look at the Land Raider and Monolith.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:29 am
Lt. Brookman
So, three gravity cannons, each producing five shots, with re-rolls on their to wound / glance rolls, backed up by Hurricane bolters at 250 pts.

I think I just found my next anti-everything but lightly armoured hordes unit. Plague Marines and Wraith Knights beware.
It's also a Land Raider priced one-shot wonder. talk2hand

But seeing as the flavour of your more regular opponents is MEQ and armour heavy, I think it should do some damage at the very least. emotion_yatta  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:19 am
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
So, three gravity cannons, each producing five shots, with re-rolls on their to wound / glance rolls, backed up by Hurricane bolters at 250 pts.

I think I just found my next anti-everything but lightly armoured hordes unit. Plague Marines and Wraith Knights beware.

But seeing as the flavour of your more regular opponents is MEQ and armour heavy, I think it should do some damage at the very least. emotion_yatta
Yay.. I guess..?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:23 am
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman

Yay.. I guess..?
I think she's approving of your shiny new toy. xp  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Wolfe Whitehorn

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:48 am
Centurions... I'll most likely end up getting only one or two groupings of them just to have in my overall army. Trying to figure out how I'd do their paint scheme though. As it is now it's fun enough trying to figure out schemes for my vehicles in this three-colour arrangement.

Knights Canto: Italian and German Themes: Runefang, The Fang, and Xereus Purple. Initial build on them is my 5th Company.

They're played as Standard Space Marines, but their 2nd Company is played as a Detachment of the Dark Angels, from whom they're derived. By their personal lore, their geneseed was chosen to begin a new chapter in the [13th-17th] Founding. As their First Chapter Master was Chosen from the Veterans Dark Angels, a sort of apotheosis took place. Their Chapter Master: High Lord Alexandrius, views the guilt and ambition of the Dark Angels as Sacrilegious and in Slight to their Primarch and the Emperor Himself. His Sergeant, and Chosen Captain of the 2nd Company, Watchmaster Gregario, views their pragmatism as necessary, and keeps the lore of their forebears with reverence. This puts a personal amount of friction within the chapter and between the Chapter and the Dark Angels as a whole.

This view has broken them free of some of the Dark Angel's more, damning, practices and they openly turn themselves away from both the training discipline of the Dark Angels and Codex Astartes, though they do understand the relevance of Guilman's works, they do believe it is too conforming as well, and that if the Astartes as a whole are to claim victory in the universe and over the ruinous powers, they have to be individual of each other.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:57 pm
Wolfe Nailo
Centurions... I'll most likely end up getting only one or two groupings of them just to have in my overall army. Trying to figure out how I'd do their paint scheme though. As it is now it's fun enough trying to figure out schemes for my vehicles in this three-colour arrangement.

Knights Canto: Italian and German Themes: Runefang, The Fang, and Xereus Purple. Initial build on them is my 5th Company.

They're played as Standard Space Marines, but their 2nd Company is played as a Detachment of the Dark Angels, from whom they're derived. By their personal lore, their geneseed was chosen to begin a new chapter in the [13th-17th] Founding. As their First Chapter Master was Chosen from the Veterans Dark Angels, a sort of apotheosis took place. Their Chapter Master: High Lord Alexandrius, views the guilt and ambition of the Dark Angels as Sacrilegious and in Slight to their Primarch and the Emperor Himself. His Sergeant, and Chosen Captain of the 2nd Company, Watchmaster Gregario, views their pragmatism as necessary, and keeps the lore of their forebears with reverence. This puts a personal amount of friction within the chapter and between the Chapter and the Dark Angels as a whole.

This view has broken them free of some of the Dark Angel's more, damning, practices and they openly turn themselves away from both the training discipline of the Dark Angels and Codex Astartes, though they do understand the relevance of Guilman's works, they do believe it is too conforming as well, and that if the Astartes as a whole are to claim victory in the universe and over the ruinous powers, they have to be individual of each other.

As a Dark Angel Player:
Never forget, never forgive. mad
As a general player: emotion_yatta

I´m thinking of getting ones myself,
just adding them to my army and paint them fit to Deathwings. 3nodding

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

LeaderOfTheFallen

Dangerous Inquisitor

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:28 pm
soooooo i have a question i play black templars and have come in possesn of a thunder hawk should i combine my assualt squad with it or my dreadnaught (i already have about 1000 points worth of jumpers on the ground)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:38 am
LeaderOfTheFallen
soooooo i have a question i play black templars and have come in possesn of a thunder hawk should i combine my assualt squad with it or my dreadnaught (i already have about 1000 points worth of jumpers on the ground)

I...don´t know.... the stats for the thunder hawk, buuuuuuut......
I would say assault squads, dreggy will be fine on the ground as a long
range support or, if you want to put a pressure on the enemies,
get a close range variant and stick it into a drop pod. 3nodding
Or get a Stormraven variant and have both units. sweatdrop

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

LeaderOfTheFallen

Dangerous Inquisitor

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Also having read through half the pages of this forum it seems you guys ike to pick on mankind's savior the Emperor. Mister blood angel man let me remind you had it not been for the Emperor your primarch and entire chapter would not exist, humanity would probably not have come as far as it has, and Eldar lets not go picking on him if there is something we should be worrying about its ALL THESE DAMN BUGS that seem as if they can just wlak around in our galaxy and eat our thing i mean those planets take time to colonize and get under way for the war effort. Now if you excuse me I must go Crusading with the Sisters against Necrons in the Dominion of Storms sector.

[Black Templars (+1)]  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:37 pm
One Centurion all magnetized, all finished, now he just needs to be painted. I only got two more Centurions to do some more minor magnetizing to with the chest weapon options. But here is a look at my one completely finished one, and yes, ******** the hoses...

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:26 am
I finally ordered a grip of Legion of the Damned, I am only getting seven but I already have two that have been sitting around forever. I got them in an old blister pack a loooooooong time ago and I never actually had known until 5th edition when I got back into Warhammer what their significance was. So all this time I had been sitting here with only two Legionaries and nothing to do with them aside from maybe throw them into an army counted as a regular Marine every now and then. So now I'll have a full ALMOST ten man squad, too bad they don't sell singles of the regular guys...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:31 pm
Ho man they came early 'Merica!  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:29 am
So I'm thinking about my eventual Space Marine revival. Rather than going with Crimson Fists like I originally planned, I want to take one of the chapters sentenced to the Abyssal Crusade in M37 and give it a facelift. I did some browsing on Lexicanum, and while there's a list of chapters sent into the Eye of Terror and some of their fates, there's almost no information on their Founding chapters, homeworlds, colors, heraldry, anything. Basically total freedom of interpretation!

The chapter "Blades Eternal" is one of few whose fate is unknown, rather than being confirmed renegades who became Chaos warbands. I am thinking about taking that name and filling in some backstory and 'what happened next' to bring them up to date, coming up with some filler to bring them up to M41.  
40k Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 398 399 400 401 402 403 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff