Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Indeed.
  Mmhmm.....
View Results

rubberbabyBETTYbumpers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:19 pm
i think most parents don't see the good in Flyleaf's music because it sounds so dark. what they don't realize is that it's dark with a possitive outcome. my parents don't like it because of all of lacey's yelling but hey, who could blame her? yelling to her can get annoying.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:44 am
I think it's just the generation, like some people have stated before. Most of our parents grew up listening to classic/Southern Rock. It could be possible that many parents don't Flyleaf because of the screaming/female vocals, like my parents. They also may not realise that the band has a positive message since some of their songs seem so dark.

At first, I didn't think my father enjoyed listening to Flyleaf. He thought they were, more or less, a "cheap copy" of the '90's Alternative Rock band, Garbage. But after listening to "Fully Alive" a few times, he admitted they were "all right."

My mother didn't like them at first as well, but I got her to listen to a few of Flyleaf's softer songs, and I think she is starting to change her mind...slightly... She says Lacey is adorable. XD

Really, I'm allowed to listen to whatever music I like, and my parents usually like the same bands. I just had to try a little to convince them that Flyleaf wasn't horrid.  

[Paperclips.]

rikaLeshay

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:44 am
my parents don't like any of the stuff i listen to.i think my parents are okay about flyleaf because of lacey.(her being a girl and all)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:47 pm
My dad doesn't like it... but he really doesn't care... I mean he listens to Pink Floyd, Metalica, Mega Death and all that kind of stuff so he's pretty much "listen to what you want"  

Mynameis_Gurgle

Destitute Bookworm

13,740 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200

[ lethargic ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:41 pm
My stepdad calls it "junk". Ofcourse, he was born in the fifties, so our tastes in music are two totally different things.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:04 am
I don't think my mom really likes them, because of the fact. Everytime she comes in my room or something and my music is playing. It's usually on one with the hard stuff. Like her screaming and things like that. But if she listened to the other songs, I think she wouldn't really mind them.

Ihateverything v.2

ANGER JUICES

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:49 am
well, my dad came into my room one day and sat in my computer chair when i started playing it and left the room. When i came back, he was sitting there thoughtful. I asked him what he thought about the music and he said he liked Lacey's voice 4laugh then, in the car i put it in the CD player and let my mom listen to it. She wasn't too crazy about it.
People in my family listen to:
MOM: Seether heart Godsmack, Metallica, Madonna, Linkin Park, etc.
(I know Madonna isnt rock, but she likes her. As you can see, mymom has all these bands she likes, but doesnt like Flyleaf. hmm, i think she's jealous I discovered them first! mwahaha!)
DAD: Duran duran, all that stuff form the 80's or whatever.

Do you see the big difference? I don't see why my DAD likes it but my MOM doesn't! I'm soo confused. question sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:29 pm
Yeah I know what you mean! But after my dad heard a few songs and saw a vid with Lacey saying how she didnt commit suicide and now shes devoted to god my dad accepted her and the whole band greatly. 3nodding  

Paralized_Panda

xlove-liz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:42 am
My parents don't really care what I'm listening to as long as it has some good to it.
My mom wines all the time about how she can't stand my "Screamo" music.
Grrrr...
She hates heavy metal, too.
Then there's my dad.
He LOVES heavy metal but hates screaming.
People are just different.
They like different things.
That's what makes us, well, US!
Parents don't normally like their teen's music because they don't exactly
know what they're listening to.
And if they do,
they're just afraid of change.
They don't wanna lose their kids!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:30 am
My parents don't mind at all....Well, they never say anything about the music I listen to so I really have no idea what they're thinking of. ^^"  

mothernatur24

Itemari1010

650 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:39 pm
My parents are okay with it. They hate the screaming. When they first listened to their songs, they had no idea what they meant. I explained Cassie to them and they started liking it. They skip the screaming part when they listen to it.  
Flyleaf Fan Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff