He he, I know. ^_^
View Results

The Noble Protoman.exe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:36 pm
Eurytus of Oechalia
[Life.In.General]
Christian music is quite bad.

It all contains the words:

pain, almighty, love, death, broken, save, saviour, god.
Just in different combos. Evanessence is ok, but alot of her stuff is "iffy".

People would say: Oh, well, christian music is worship.

Actually, it's not. It's singing. If I'm singing about a happymeal™ at McDonald's, it doesn't mean I worship it.

Worship is talking about god, and simply believing in him.
You don't listen to Christian music at ALL, do you?

I'll quote a few songs I listen to every day...

the song "Myspace" is about wanting to know what someone is really like, not just knowing about them from Myspace or other websites. It's about knowing things about people but not knowing them.

And those are just two that I particularly like. There is a whole slew of Christian music that isn't necessarily ABOUT the religion. Just because you're too closed-minded to try to find them, doesn't mean that all christian music is Worship or wanna-be worship.
Oh, no, Eurytus. You're not getting all the credit.

Also, parts of the book of Psalms are similar to such songs. I mean, it's just David talking to God and being real. In short, Christian music doesn't have to be worship.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:04 pm
Seority
Yeah, I say the same with Evenecance. (Stupid spelling.)
I mean all her songs are quite Christian like right?
I even saw some local youth groups do plays with her music whee .
It's also nice to hear your comments and thank you. ^^

To be honest she was indeed placed under the Christian music category for some time...but then they had them take them off it. That kind of tells you something right there. xd

But, I completely agree. If you read some of their lyrics "Tourniquet" especially, you will definately find Christian content that non-believers would probably skip over because of the layer of metal/rock that the songs are hidden beneath.

_Shiloh Filia_

ryoushinn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:59 pm
Well, God has a plan for you. You didn't just have talent, but you chose what you want to do and God reinforced that (talents.) The Christian composers decided to be musicians and praises God in them. That's what i'm going to do when i get older. I want to spread the word of God in a way i can do it most expressivly.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:52 am
It seems it's difficult to tell what's Christian and what's not. But bands don't have to be "Christian" by genre, they can be Christian by faith. Christian really isn't a genre of music anyways. Pretty much in a song people can sing about God and the music can quickly be viewed as "Christian". In reality, that's not how it is. If I may quote some of the Christian bands I listen to:
"Christ still stands perfect in my heart, Christ still stands perfect in my mind, Jesus is the beautiful structure of love"
"Buy back her soul with the blood of the Savior. Is it too much to forgive?"
"She falls to her knees and she begs for forgiveness as the Heavens open their gates"
Both of the bands I just quoted (The Devil Wears Prada, Haste The Day) are Christian bands. I guess bands are Christian when they're using there skills to worship the Lord. At least, that's how I see it. If someone else sees it differently, please share with me your thoughts.  

Texas Is South

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:31 am
music with christian message in it...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:15 am
_Shiloh Filia_
Seority
Yeah, I say the same with Evenecance. (Stupid spelling.)
I mean all her songs are quite Christian like right?
I even saw some local youth groups do plays with her music whee .
It's also nice to hear your comments and thank you. ^^

To be honest she was indeed placed under the Christian music category for some time...but then they had them take them off it. That kind of tells you something right there. xd

But, I completely agree. If you read some of their lyrics "Tourniquet" especially, you will definately find Christian content that non-believers would probably skip over because of the layer of metal/rock that the songs are hidden beneath.
Not really. Non-believers that love to analyze songs (I'm one of those people out of boredom) will find Christian messages in non-Christian music and go "Hey, that's smart, hide Christian meanings in a non-Christian song" also, the hidden messages could convert someone you never know.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Big_Wave_Legacy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:42 pm
Check out my myspace profile, myspace.com/brandonarant
there are soo many christian songs on it.
There are christian like songs secular bands play, but I like to stay with fully commited bands to god. Theres rock, rap, metal, and gospel. Just check it out.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:59 pm
it is hard for me to define what music is Christian, some say that it depends on the band, others, the lyrics, some have even said the sound was important, ex, bands like Skillet are christian, while heavier bands that still play christian music, like demon hunter, is not because it is like screamo. finally, my opinion is that christian music have to do 1 of 2 things to be considered christian.

1:it has to be written to glorify/worship God or Christ or

2:was written to reach out to those are not Christian, the people who don't know God or need help finding him.

granted, not all songs by christian bandshave to be purely focused on God, but can be about real-life issues, like drugs, relationships, etc., but christian music cannot glorify things like using drugs, having sex outside marriage, etc. this is just my opinion, and i am not an expert in theology, or anything else for that matter, but the only real things we can trust in this world are God and His Word. so do not take my opinion as complete fact, but remember that God will answer you if you pray to him, but i am not God and will never be God, i only hope that my opinion can help you while you search for truth.

God bless!  

Phantomboy411

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:23 pm
Singing about just glorifying God does not a band make. A talented bad hides the message in it's song having you the listener discover it. If the listener thinks that band is horrid based on just the lyrics then that listener is not a true fan. A True fan does not just look and analyze the song but they also listen to the words and make a connection to their own life.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff