christianity
  religion
  havent read it yet
View Results

vampy dave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:35 pm
marysservant
mistressofthelost
Wow, could you be any more wrong?? Please show me where these verses say that "organized religion" is false. Explain why there is a need for the Gospel if there are no rules to follow, nothing that we have to obey. Why did God give us the Bible and commandments to obey? Why is it that in James 1:27, James outlines what pure religion is?

I agree, nothing that man does alone can put him in favor with God. But God commands men to obey him, and that is how we know whether or not we're sinning. A sin is simply being disobediant to God's law (the New Testament). Are you saying that if I go out and sin and sin and sin, but then go to church on Sunday (if even that), and God loves me, he'll forgive me of all I've done even if I don't repent or feel bad or anything?

Of course there are going to be those who try and bend God's word to their wants and wills and by doing that they "pervert the gospel of Christ" (Gal. 1:7). But it's not a flaw with religion or the organization thereof. It is a flaw with the people who do the perverting. There are those who follow what the Bible says and are extremely religious. Are they in the wrong for doing what the Bible says?

Please, if all we need is faith (and from what you're saying, we don't even need that much), then explain James 2:14-19.

Remeber, we should be obeying God, not for approval, but because we are COMMANDED to.

Don't chastise them, they're just bending the Word (kind of throwing it out actually) for their advantage; to make them able to sin without feeling guilty wink .

I know, but if we're soft with them, they'll never learn.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:42 am
I agree with you! You can have a relationship between you and God, believe that Jesus died for our sins and be a very good Christian.

But you always gotta keep in mind that there are the Ten Commandments that we still have to follow like not lieing, not stealing, killing and such but after the Ten Commandments, i believe you should follow your own personal beliefs about what's right and wrong and you should read the bible, pray about what God wants you to do and so forth.

11Catching_Stars11

Shanthikumar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:05 pm
Nice post, and I do agree that our focus should be on the belief that Jesus is our Lord and Savior. However, does focusing on that gift of grace deny that we are religious? I don't think so. It all really depends on what you define as "religion." I'm not sure how to define it myself, so I'm unsure where to go from there.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:13 am
Christianity is having a personal relationship with God, through the Holy Spirit. God won't be there in Religion. You wouldn't truly experience God.  

Atarashi No Sensei

Uncouth_Youth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:35 am
ok, here what i think:
Christianity isn't a religion ,it is a life style, it is following the teaches of Jesus Christ
Chrisitianity becomes a "religion" when christians just follow certain guilines and don't choose to live like a christian.
The old testement is to show us basicly the past and how it leads up to Jesus and for us as christians to learn from the ridiculous mistakes of the jews, right?

im a little confused here though. Do you guys not agree on going to church??! because we actually need to go. Fellowship wih other christians is vital for a healthy lifestyle. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:59 pm
You've posted truth, c12azy!  

Atarashi No Sensei

c12azy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:35 am
well i believe in the ten commandments and i believe it wasnt made by man but god has told man to have it written. so thats still rules and guidelines christians follow but not made by man himself like how some dude in china sed just by doing and that you will reach enlightenment  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:34 pm
Personally, I don't see how "lifestyle" and "religion" contradict eachother. If anything they support eachother.

marysservant

Etherealemblem

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:34 am
Tis true, Religion is false, only God's love is true, for as a Metal Missionary, I follow my Lord, not the bodaries of religion.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:50 am
MagisterofJesusChrist
Tis true, Religion is false, only God's love is true, for as a Metal Missionary, I follow my Lord, not the bodaries of religion.
True, Religion is false, it is something that is taking over the world!  

Heaven Edge

Atarashi No Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:00 am
mistressofthelost
marysservant
mistressofthelost
Wow, could you be any more wrong?? Please show me where these verses say that "organized religion" is false. Explain why there is a need for the Gospel if there are no rules to follow, nothing that we have to obey. Why did God give us the Bible and commandments to obey? Why is it that in James 1:27, James outlines what pure religion is?

I agree, nothing that man does alone can put him in favor with God. But God commands men to obey him, and that is how we know whether or not we're sinning. A sin is simply being disobediant to God's law (the New Testament). Are you saying that if I go out and sin and sin and sin, but then go to church on Sunday (if even that), and God loves me, he'll forgive me of all I've done even if I don't repent or feel bad or anything?

Of course there are going to be those who try and bend God's word to their wants and wills and by doing that they "pervert the gospel of Christ" (Gal. 1:7). But it's not a flaw with religion or the organization thereof. It is a flaw with the people who do the perverting. There are those who follow what the Bible says and are extremely religious. Are they in the wrong for doing what the Bible says?

Please, if all we need is faith (and from what you're saying, we don't even need that much), then explain James 2:14-19.

Remeber, we should be obeying God, not for approval, but because we are COMMANDED to.

Don't chastise them, they're just bending the Word (kind of throwing it out actually) for their advantage; to make them able to sin without feeling guilty wink .

We feel very much guilty for commiting sin. That is why we repent.
We do not mean that we are able to sin. By Jesus' precious blood, he can change us to make us a better person, so that we won't sin.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:02 pm
-Sunset Wahine-
mistressofthelost
marysservant
mistressofthelost

We do not mean that we are able to sin. By Jesus' precious blood, he can change us to make us a better person, so that we won't sin.

Can you honestly name one person you KNOW that doesn't sin? I can't. Everyone strives to be perfect, but we are all human and fall short of the glory of God. Can you say that you never swear, never use the Lord's name in vain (this includes saying things such as "Jeeze", "Gosh", and other euphamisims), never think impure thoughts, and all the other little things that we have sadly fallen in the habit of doing? This is why we need to fellowship with each other (hmm, sounds kind of like going to church). We need to be there to make each other stronger and to help each other learn so we know when to repent and we know what is right or wrong.  

vampy dave

Atarashi No Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:15 pm
mistressofthelost
-Sunset Wahine-
mistressofthelost
marysservant
mistressofthelost

Can you honestly name one person you KNOW that doesn't sin? I can't. Everyone strives to be perfect, but we are all human and fall short of the glory of God. Can you say that you never swear, never use the Lord's name in vain (this includes saying things such as "Jeeze", "Gosh", and other euphamisims), never think impure thoughts, and all the other little things that we have sadly fallen in the habit of doing? This is why we need to fellowship with each other (hmm, sounds kind of like going to church). We need to be there to make each other stronger and to help each other learn so we know when to repent and we know what is right or wrong.
When you sin, you need to turn away from that sin through the Holy Spirit. God is changing me slowly. I'm not saying we should be PERFECT.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:03 pm
-Sunset Wahine-
mistressofthelost
-Sunset Wahine-
mistressofthelost
marysservant
mistressofthelost

When you sin, you need to turn away from that sin through the Holy Spirit. God is changing me slowly. I'm not saying we should be PERFECT.

So since we don't HAVE to be perfect, it's ok for me to sin every now and then?

Shouldn't we strive for perfection?  

vampy dave

Atarashi No Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:46 pm
mistressofthelost
-Sunset Wahine-
mistressofthelost
-Sunset Wahine-
mistressofthelost

So since we don't HAVE to be perfect, it's ok for me to sin every now and then?

Shouldn't we strive for perfection?
What you're doing is twisting around what I say so that I'd agree with you.

You need to make God the center of all things. We should strive to be like Christ. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff