7th Day Adventist
  Nazarene
  Four Square
  Not Religious
  Other
View Results

Dessona

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:16 pm
Hey everyone, i just got done having a heavy debate about christianity, evidence, why i believe, and why im gullable for believing.
Now i just need some reassurance that I'm not alone. Because it sure seemed like i was alone in that debate..
emo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:17 pm
Deidara...un
Dessona
Deidara...un
Dessona
BlackShadow03

And your proof of validity is.......where? I haven't seen a shred of "evidence" for the bible that I haven't been able to cut down!

See the bolded text? Anywhere in there did i say i had evidence to prove that Christianity, the bible, God, Any of it is real?

Then why are you believing it? or defending it for that matter? Only ignorant people, go in and start defending the side that they ADMITTEDLY have no reason to defend or believe.

I believe it because it is my choice. Are you going to try and tell me that im not allowed to do that because you think it's stupid?
And people naturally defend what they believe in, because they believe it is real. I realize there is no evidence to support my religion, but i realize that does not matter to me, because it is what i choose to believe. And being a christian, i will always have to deal with people like you who don't respect people like me.
You think it's stupid to believe in something you don't have any evidence for, but i don't. That doesn't mean i believe in everyother thing that has no evidence going for it such as Santa or the tooth fairy. I'm just a christian. And that's what i believe and im sorry you don't see i that way. Or will ever. Because you don't have the faith or will to do so.

Ok, point taken. Point taken that you just 'believed' and never took the time of day to think any further. Well, yeah, ok, that's fine...for some people. If YOU want to be gullible and beleive everything you hear even if it rests on no evidence whatsoever. YOU DO THAT.

Why do you dislike christians so much? Oh wait i know, you think they are gullable. But why? Because they have no evidence to prove there religion. And that's your point. That's it. I hope you feel achieved for trying to make me feel stupid for beliveing in my religion. But you fail in my eyes. And you can't change how i feel about it. And you can't hurt me by saying I'm gullable, ignorant or whatever you want to come up with.

And i already said that i didn't believe everything that has no evidence going for it didn't I? Or do you want me to bold that? OK i will.

Dessona

Dessona

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:18 pm
That's a little of what i discussed with these people.
Any comments?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:00 am
Going along with the rules of debate, your opponite lost. In debate if you cut the other person down by calling them names, no matter how simple or rude, they have already lost. I take pride in knowing this and whenever they do it I just laught because they don't know how foolish they sounds. They said that Christanity has no grounds to stand on, because in their world physical evidence is required. Those who are christans have seen the spiritual evidenced, which is why we believe in the rawest form. We have seen what comes from it. The millions of people moved and standing together in the name Jesus Christ. The hearts that have been healed through his workings. And along those lines. You opponite just started shouting off random things without backing them up with documents or evidence of their own. You stated the bible, it is infact a proven document. Scientist have failed to figure out any of the miracles performed. Like whenever God held the sun up to help Joseph with his war, forgive me if that's wrong, I am not very good with the stories. There are documents today showing that at that exact day the sun was held in the sky. That is one of the way the bible was proven real, I can't remember any more of them, not in school right now. This site also gives some evidence for God's existance, that no one can is, 'This is just a coincidence.' You should check it out, this has helped me in several debates.

http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/evidence.html  

Arrea Delano

Dessona

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:54 pm
Crimson_Enigma
Going along with the rules of debate, your opponite lost. In debate if you cut the other person down by calling them names, no matter how simple or rude, they have already lost. I take pride in knowing this and whenever they do it I just laught because they don't know how foolish they sounds. They said that Christanity has no grounds to stand on, because in their world physical evidence is required. Those who are christans have seen the spiritual evidenced, which is why we believe in the rawest form. We have seen what comes from it. The millions of people moved and standing together in the name Jesus Christ. The hearts that have been healed through his workings. And along those lines. You opponite just started shouting off random things without backing them up with documents or evidence of their own. You stated the bible, it is infact a proven document. Scientist have failed to figure out any of the miracles performed. Like whenever God held the sun up to help Joseph with his war, forgive me if that's wrong, I am not very good with the stories. There are documents today showing that at that exact day the sun was held in the sky. That is one of the way the bible was proven real, I can't remember any more of them, not in school right now. This site also gives some evidence for God's existance, that no one can is, 'This is just a coincidence.' You should check it out, this has helped me in several debates.

Thanks so much! I will definitely Check this one out!
heart

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:52 pm
Dessona
Crimson_Enigma

Thanks so much! I will definitely Check this one out!
heart
It's not a problem. If you need anymore, I'll find some, and help you out. Debating is just a passion of mine.  

Arrea Delano

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:56 pm
If you're having problems with other people just tell them it's your faith and you can believe all you want and they don't have to believe if it's not what's right for them. Freewill and all that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:53 pm
Evidence. I'm pretty confident there is evidence...For starters, there was the Dead Sea Scrolls that told things in great detail that match the evnts in teh old testament. In terms of the new testament, wouldn't it be kinda' strange if 4 people wrote their experiences w/ Christ of which all of them just about match each other. Even stranger is the fact that it hasn't really changed so much from the original bible, no? Any how, I'd say you won (considering how RUDE they were), but to a non-christian, they'd think you were back against a corner b/c of how you repeated yourself. So, be careful how you state yourself b/c people can and will judge off of just about everything you do.
Good news: You have people backing you up, including a loving Father from above. blaugh I'm sure that person will realize the truth. Oh! and one more thing. Have you ever noticed the closere you get to the light, the larger your shadow becomes? Being a Christian isn't easy, but at least we're headed in the right direction right? blaugh 3nodding  

zeroshi

Atarashi No Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:02 am
Great siggy, Dessona! You're not alone on debates like that!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:22 am
Hello everyone.
Whats the topic?  

dirtdevilgrunt13

thunderxtiger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:35 pm
LRD_nick
Hello everyone.
Whats the topic?

Dunno eek  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:05 pm
i am