*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Anime??? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Anime and Manga ok to read and watch?
  Yes
  No
  UM... not really sure
View Results

Uthopia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:22 am
Jesus_Freak_Girl
Is Anime and Manga ok to read and watch i need to kno please?

It depends on your parents primarily, yet, you should be able to as long as you don't make a cult out of it, or become so obsessed with it that your relationship with Jesus is pushed aside. Also, you can't be watching things like hentai, or yoai/yui. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:52 pm
well it all depends on what you read or watch like for example some thing like gravitation or errie queery goes aginst what we belive in it just like anything else just because other people exept it it dosen't mean we have to but ye depending on what it is it's okay  

dnangel64

max2.11

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:59 pm
you can watch anime as long as it dosn't have any magic, wiches, demons, or if it goes agenst what the Bible says.
if you dont know if an anime is ok to watch just ask God to show you if its wrong and He will.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:40 pm
Not really. Just be careful about the "Mature" stuff. It becomes a problem when it obstructs you from being w/ God. That is probably the hardest part in keeping yourself from being addicted/devoted to it.  

zeroshi

grazdreg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:37 am
MimiInWonderland
It can't have
-Nudity
-Obvious body flaunting
-Anything to do with magic, remember: white and black magic both belong to the devil, God only does blessings and miracles and the like.
-Anything that has to support the other religions (Like Pita Ten revolves with the belief of a past life)
...ja. :B

I disagree entirely. Firstly, what´s wrong with nudity anyway?
Secondly, should I not read those fantasy novels I love so much because they contain magic? How about The Lord of the Rings or the Chronicles of Narnia? Both written by Christian authors, yet contain magic. As long as it doesn´t state that the magic is actually real, doesn´t state that what is happening in the anime is anything other than a work of fiction, where is the problem?
Third, Why on earth not? Yet again, it´s a work of fiction. I´ve thorougly enjoyed reading and watching many things that revolve around a religion other than Christianity. I just think they´re great stories. why should I not watch them?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:01 pm
Yep, it just depends on what you look at.  

tefcouun

Ouji_Kanaye

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:35 pm
Everything must be taken with a grain of salt. Use your best judgement when you start to watch a series. One way to find out if an anime or manga is good viewing is to ask a friend, read online reviews, or to preview a series before buying by borrowing it from a friend, the library or a video rental. Another guideline you can use is the rating, which is usually on the back of a book or DVD's packaging. OT or T+ ratings tend to have more nudity, lewd humor, and violence than younger rated manga, however they also tend to have more complex story lines and character development as well as themes and sometimes, a valuable moral lesson to teach. Anime and Manga is just like any other type of book or tv show. They are not, by nature, "sinful," but always use your best judgment before watching or reading a new series. And remember, the Holy Spirit in you will help you recognize which ones are okay to watch and which should be avoided.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:39 am
but wat if u believe it is real my dad thinks it is real sometimes  

Jesus_Freak_Girl

KatWarrior

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:43 am
I think with anime one of the most important things is to make sure that it doesn't become your god. I know from being a pretty big fan that it can happen and sometimes be hard to avoid. But if you chose to watch it, make sure that it doesn't come before God.

Another important thing is, does that content cause you to stumble or make you uncomfortable? Then avoid it. Not every series does contain such things, but a lot do. Lumping anime all into one category really doesn't work so well. But I think that researching a series as much as possible before seeing it is always a good thing.

I would suggest asking fellow Christians if they can recommend a clean anime with very little or no objectionable material at all. I have a bit of a good list going there, so you can PM me if you want suggestions. ^_^

EDIT: Oh, and on the note of your dad thinking it's real... that's something important to realize is that anime isn't real at all. It's no more realisitic than say... Lord of the Rings or Star Wars.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:46 am
It depends, really! cool  

Heaven Edge

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:52 am
I think it depends...
If your watching something and you can feel in your spirit that it's wrong...turn it off. But if it's kinda just like Pokemon or something like that then as long as it doesn't go against the word of God or anythign i don't see anything wrong with it. But grey areas..ah..if it's grey its not okay. That's my view...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:21 am
as long as it doesnt interfere with your walk with christ  

symphony in peril

Jesus_Freak_Girl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:14 am
symphony in peril

dude i am not that obsest  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:07 pm
Jesus_Freak_Girl
symphony in peril

dude i am not that obsest

then you're fine.  

Etherealemblem

divineseraph

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:22 pm
i would say, if you like it, go for it. why would God mind if you find enjoyment in reading manga or watching anime? even if it does contain other views and morals, who cares? so long as they don't influence you in a harmful way, what does it matter what you watch?  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff