Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
BRAND NEW BANNERS AND BUTTONS! Choice is Power! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veled
Captain

Quotable Conventioneer

8,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:25 pm
88x31:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[url=http://urlcut.com/1bnpa][img]http://urlcut.com/1bwwg[/img][/url]

350x20:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[url=http://urlcut.com/1bnpa][img]http://urlcut.com/1bwwh[/img][/url]

All active members are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to switch to these new images for linking purposes, in order to prevent brand confusion with the pro-lifers.

These new images phase out the "We Care. We Abort." slogan that we've been using the past two years along with our militant green beret. In their place we have an empowering, dominant goddess-figure and the new slogan "Choice is Power!", emphasizing our feminist phillosophy that the choice of motherhood in ALL its forms is what we're here to protect, versus merely the ability to abort a fetus.

A new 'song' may also be in the works.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:30 pm
Veled is our goddess figure. 4laugh heart  

S. Shark

Lupine Pyrefly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:31 pm
Cool. I like this a lot better than the other one.

Just one more thing to add if I ever find out how randosigs work.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:36 pm
Lupine Pyrefly

I believe somewhere in the Q&A there's a tutorial on randosigs... I'll link to it here if I find it before you do.  

Veled
Captain

Quotable Conventioneer

8,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lord Setar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:19 pm
Maybe you could do one with something like "The state has no business in the bedrooms of the nation" in it?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:23 pm
Lord Setar
Maybe you could do one with something like "The state has no business in the bedrooms of the nation" in it?
Silly Lord Setar, that would be for the sex education guild. Performing abortions in bedrooms isn't sanitary. whee

And it'd probably be too long for a banner...

S. Shark

Mikami

3,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:24 pm
I like my old button though crying !  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:37 pm
sybex Shark
Lord Setar
Silly Lord Setar, that would be for the sex education guild. Performing abortions in bedrooms isn't sanitary. whee

And it'd probably be too long for a banner...
Sybex is right. The statement is overtly broad for what we wish to promote, and a little long to boot.

My main concern right now is to strengthen the distinction between the PCG and the *ew* PLG.

@ Mikami: The old button is fine, but I still ask you to consider changing to the new one. You've seen the post in the Pro-Life boards describing my complaints and why their new button is a blatant attempt to piggyback off our success.

Unfortunately, rather than attempt to point out the differences between the buttons and educate the masses, I have chosen to 'reinvent' the PCG so that our education efforts may focus on the issues at heart rather than being able to tell the two buttons apart. As much as members may like the beret, we have to stay a step ahead, rather than retaliate in defense to stay the same.

Besides that, the new buttons look spiffier and have more inborn symbolism (notice how the figure is pointing left? wink ), and we even have a 350x20 form now, which seems to be the new 'trend' in link images anyhow.  

Veled
Captain

Quotable Conventioneer

8,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Mikami

3,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:47 pm
Veled

@ Mikami: The old button is fine, but I still ask you to consider changing to the new one. You've seen the post in the Pro-Life boards describing my complaints and why their new button is a blatant attempt to piggyback off our success.

Unfortunately, rather than attempt to point out the differences between the buttons and educate the masses, I have chosen to 'reinvent' the PCG so that our education efforts may focus on the issues at heart rather than being able to tell the two buttons apart. As much as members may like the beret, we have to stay a step ahead, rather than retaliate in defense to stay the same.

Besides that, the new buttons look spiffier and have more inborn symbolism (notice how the figure is pointing left? wink ), and we even have a 350x20 form now, which seems to be the new 'trend' in link images anyhow.

Well. I'll use both. I'll put the new one ontop and have the nice old one below it until I get used to the new one. I have to adapt slowly. You'd think since I'm far left change comes quite easily to me, but, it doesn't. Onto updating signature!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:17 pm
Lupine Pyrefly

I can help you with that if you like. ^_^

By the way, what happened with the buttons anyway? o_o
Edit: nevermind xd  

pidgezero_one

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Akhakhu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:41 pm
pidgezero_one
By the way, what happened with the buttons anyway? o_o

The pro-punishme- err... I mean the anti-choi- err... The pro-life guild plagiarized it.

Honestly, is there NO creativity or artistry on that side?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:43 pm
I have to say, I prefer this banner over the old one. And yeah, now that you mention it, they (the banners for both guilds) do bear a striking resemblance to one another. One can easily be mistaken for the other if you look at it quickly.

On a side note Veled, it's rather unfortunate that I changed to a more demonic look recently, otherwise we'd look like sisters. I had that same hair do and several of those accessories for the longest time, till I decided to go all evil-looking. I guess I'm a trend setter. blaugh  

Akhakhu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:06 pm
You want trend setter? How many people on here do you know are dressed up as the "Communist Bureaucrat of DOOM"?

HUMM? HOW MANY?

That's what I thought!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:54 pm
Kukushka
You want trend setter? How many people on here do you know are dressed up as the "Communist Bureaucrat of DOOM"?

HUMM? HOW MANY?

That's what I thought!
Hardly DOOM material, Kukushka. rolleyes

How many people here are dressed as PIRATES?! ONLY ME, HELL YEAHS.

S. Shark

Akhakhu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:56 pm
sybex Shark
Hardly DOOM material, Kukushka. rolleyes

You've obviously never been face to face with a member of the Russian bureaucracy.

Doom is an entirely appropriate description wink  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces