Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
HELP me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Srent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:32 pm
JOURNAL LISTING # 2

Is it a sin to torment some 1?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:34 pm
Seems like it would be. O: I just go by what seems mean. And tormenting seems rather mean. ^^;;; And why don't you cut and paste if you want people to read whatever it is you've written in your journal?;  

Guacamole-kun

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:49 am
Srent
JOURNAL LISTING # 2

if it turns into a lustful thing then yes. however sins of the flesh can become quite complicated.

for example: and married couple that practice the ways of bondage is basically sexual torture. however if either enjoy it then no, in THAT case torturing someone would be sinful if they enjoyed it and wanted it.

however in regular causing of purposly inflicting harm on someone without regard to how it affects them....if its a sin directly im not sure. however its in human nature to hurt and destroy and will only lead to negative consequences....but again is it a sin? a sin directly i have no idea but the lord does say....

"thou shall love that neighbor". and if something directly opposes that idea (mainly torture which is the complete opposite) then yeah its probably a sin.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:51 am
Anything against the will of God is a sin. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.  

Moliverio

Guacamole-kun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:01 am
SaintXenos
Srent
JOURNAL LISTING # 2

if it turns into a lustful thing then yes. however sins of the flesh can become quite complicated.

for example: and married couple that practice the ways of bondage is basically sexual torture. however if either enjoy it then no, in THAT case torturing someone would be sinful if they enjoyed it and wanted it.

however in regular causing of purposly inflicting harm on someone without regard to how it affects them....if its a sin directly im not sure. however its in human nature to hurt and destroy and will only lead to negative consequences....but again is it a sin? a sin directly i have no idea but the lord does say....

"thou shall love that neighbor". and if something directly opposes that idea (mainly torture which is the complete opposite) then yeah its probably a sin.
But tormenting can be more than just inflicting harm... it can be to annoy or pester someone constantly, and stuff like that, too. (In fact, that's usually the content I hear it in.) That's not really.. horrible, I guess, but it's certainly not nice.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:04 pm
Guacamole-kun
SaintXenos
Srent
JOURNAL LISTING # 2

But tormenting can be more than just inflicting harm... it can be to annoy or pester someone constantly, and stuff like that, too. (In fact, that's usually the content I hear it in.) That's not really.. horrible, I guess, but it's certainly not nice.

love thy neighbor= not to piss them off xD however people can unintentionally rub each other the wrong way, which is simply just personality clash. ive had it quite a few times and it didnt seem what i did, i annoyed the person.

torture= malicious intent like murder. i guess it only matters if its malicious :/  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:45 am
one of the commandments is to "love your neighbor as you love yourself" meaning, yes, it would b a sdin if you do not love and respect the person as you do yourself...unless you feel the way bout urself as you treat them...then i guess its not...but still, i believe it would b, because ur not following the commandment...i'm still an amatuer with this kinda stuff, so i may b a lil shaky in a few areas, but i'm quite sure tha its not write, and a sin, in certain ways  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games