Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Guitarists Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Original Guitar and Bass Guild 

Tags: Guitar, Bass, Guitars, Strings, Guitarist 

Reply The Guitarists Guild of Gaia
Getting To Know Your Community Psychos Part II Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Duvell

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:36 pm

Gaia Name: xlRainlx

Gear (your guitar, amps ect.):

Guitar= Squier Stratocaster
Amp=Fender 15G
Strap= Some Yin-yang strap
Strings= DR
Pick= Fender

Favorite Music: Metal/Alternative Rock

Favorite Guitarists: Buckethead, Herman Li, and Benjamin Burley

What you like to play: Metal and Alternative Rock

Songs you can play: Thunderhorse by Dethklok, Follow by Breaking Benjamin, Had Enough by Breaking Benjamin, Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down, Chopsuey by System of a Down, Halo 2 Theme Song(Mjolnir Mix), and a bunch more.

Been to Any Concerts: My own, lol.

When You Started : About a year, or so, ago

Bio: I have an above average IQ and have been good at almost everything I ever tried at. When I started guitar classes my teacher immediately started giving me advanced music since I was able to learn faster than most of my friends. It's been about a year and I can play just as good as my friend who has been playing for 3 years. Yay me! biggrin
(not trying to show off but that IS my bio) >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:20 am
Gaian Name: Dark_Apollo

Guitar= Personally Customised Epiphone LP, Ibanez GSZ120, Shine Strat
Amp= Orange Crush 15 (15 watt), drive 100cd (10 watt)
Effects= Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz factory, Electro Hamonix Big Muff, Zoom GFX-1, Boss Tremolo, Boss Super Chorus, Digitech Grunge, Digitech Bad Monkey (needs Fixing).
Strings= D'Addario EXL110 - Regular Light, 10 - 46 gauge
Pick= Jim Dunlop 0.46mm
Misc.= Jim Dunlop slide and Capo, Samson Stage 5 Wireless system, Samson stage 55 wireless system, Boss AB2 2-way footswitch.

Favourite Music: Alternative Rock

Favourite Guitarists: Matt Bellamy
What you like to play: Rock
Songs you can play: Shed Loads
Been to Any Concerts: 2 Muse gigs, Wembley arena and Wembley Stadium.
When You Started : 4 years ago
Bio: I just play for fun and my own amusement.  

Dark_Apollo

[Shadow_Ninja]

Dapper Millionaire

6,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The picture is a little old, but it will do.

Gaia Name: [Shadow_Ninja]
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): Fender strat, Squire Bullet, Digitech multieffects pedal, and some sort of amp.
Favorite Music: Rock, any variety of rock except the heavy screamo. Screamo is fine, but if overused, it gives me a headache.
Favorite Guitarists: Barry Stock, Adam Gontier, Chad Kroeger, and Jon Foreman.
What you like to play: I like to experiment, but I mostly like to play Three Days Grace stuff. Their music ROCKS!!!
Songs you can play: Just Like You, Never too Late, I Hate Everything About You-Three Days Grace, an assortment of worship songs. Also, I can only read chord sheets, but I can still play a song from a chord sheet.
Been to Any Concerts: Nope, but I have seen footage of a Three Days grace concert and an Evanescence concert.
When You Started: I start in September of 2003
Bio: Well, I don't want to write too much, but I am a hi schooler living a not so average life like every other kid. I started playing guitar because when I was young, I had this crazy obsession over guitars. I built ghetto guitars out of K'Nex and then my mom said I needed to get some lessons and actually learn how to play. ABout one year after starting my lessons, I tried out for the jr hi band at my church. Much to my surprise, I made it. I didn't plug in when we played on stage for a while, but about 2 months into my 7th grade year, I finally plugged in and started my official musical career, trying to play the loudest and be heard. I graduated from the band at the end of my 8th grade year and tried out for the hi chool band that summer. I felt pretty confident for the guy in charge of the badn knew what I was capable of. However, I didn't make it and I got a year off the stage. Again, this summer I am going to try out and hopefully amke it. I wil inform you of the outcome and keep you posted.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:28 am
Gaia Name: Pretty Vacunt
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): Gibson Epoch, the little 10 watt amp that goes along with it. Whatever strings I can find.
Favorite Music: I have LOTS of favorite music, mostly Punk Rock, Ska, 80s Metal, Classic Rock, Alternative, Old School Hip Hop, Pyschedelic stuff form the 60s, etc...
Favorite Guitarists: Eddie Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Tom Morello, John Frusciante, Slash, Angus Young, Robby Krieger, etc...
What you like to play: I usually just play along with whatever sounds like it might be easy for me. Mainly simple punk music, some Classic Rock stuff, whatever sounds good to me.
Songs you can play: Smoke On The Water and Iron Man of course! Brain Stew, Quest For The Cup and 100% by Sonic Youth, Dancing Days by Led Zeppelin, Fell In Love With A Girl by the White Stripes, A few Van Halen songs, Spoonman by Soundgarden, Pretty much everything by the Sex Pistols, Too much Green Day to count, a bunch of Ramones, Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine, A bunch of Clash songs, a few Doors songs, etc...
Been to Any Concerts: A few.
When You Started: Playing or going to concerts? I've been playing since Christmas Day, 2005, I've been going to concerts since spring of 2005.
Bio: I was born in a hospital near Salem, Oregon to two parents who had been pressured into marriage by my mom's side of the family 5 months into the pregnancy. I never enjoyed school at all when I was a little kid. Noone ever bothered really talking to me so I was always left out of everything and the teachers thought I was weird because I was left handed strangely enough (I play with my right though, it's way easier). I moved to Washington when I was 8 and life improved. I enjoy school alot more now that i have lots of friends and I have semi-cool teachers. I'm afraid of growing up and dying.  

Peel Slowly And See

Scorchbird14

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:40 pm
User Image
kinda old pic

Real Name:Julian.....everyone calls me Bubba...yeah whatever LOL
Gaia Name: Scorch or Kogasu
Gear:ehehehehe.......umm I have an Acoustic guitar...
Favorite Music:Rock/metal
Favorite Guitarists:Ken(L'arc~en~Ciel) hide(X Japan) HYDE
What you like to play:Umm anything..I try to make up songs and stuff.I also just play any song that I can just figure out
Songs you can play:Only like 2 I can play "The cape of Storms" by HYDE and Shi No Hai,trick,and The Nepenthes by L'arc~en~Ciel
Been to Any Concerts: no sadly
When You Started:About 2 years ago
Bio:I am Kogasu.....or Scorch....you can call me those or any of the other ones up there^.Uhh I like to listen to mostly J rock.I try to get into some American rock..It's just sometimes I want to have individuality so yeah.I have been trying to play acoustic for a while and I see that I am progressing a little.Umm in a few days I might buy myself an electric guitar because I may start my own band with my cousin.Well it's our band really since we both started it.I think that's about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:34 pm
Gaia Name: The Great Fungolli (formly Patchcorn Adams)
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): Peavey Rotor Special, Jagamster (broke'd...) random acoustic guitar, Crate amp
Favorite Music: Hard Rock, grunge, some heavy metal
Favorite Guitarists:...wow. I dunno. EVH, Randy Rhoads, Slash, buckethead, Micheal Angelo Batio
What you like to play: anything of the "Rock" style
Songs you can play: mostly riffs.
Crazy train- Ozzy Osbourne: riff
back in Black- AC/DC: Riff
Walk-Pantera: some random parts
Tuesdays' Gone- Lynrd Sknyrd: riff
smoke on the water- Deep Purple: that one annoying part that every one knows
Iron man (full song except solo)- Black sabbath
Electric funeral (full song)- black sabbath
Enter Sandman (currently trying to master) Mettalica
Trogdor- Strong Bad
Robot Chicken- Les Claypool
Arterial Black- Drist

Been to Any Concerts: no...
When You Started : a little after easter of this year
Bio: not much to know. Born in Barberton, Ohio. Grew up. I've been interested in guitar for a long time, but I never started 'til now. I hope to be in a band in a few years, though I actually don't wanna make it big beacause I have other things I wanna do, and touring, and recording, etc. could really interfere...  

The Great Fungolli

Chibi-Boku

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaia Name: CHibi-Boku

Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): Ibanez ex series, Cort G250p with a peavy amp(sucks) but someday i want to have a Gibson Les Paul with Marshall amp(for now im just planning on buying Epiphone Les Paul)

Favorite Music: Rock and Blues.

Favorite Guitarists: Slash, Steve vai, Joe satriani, Jimi hendrix, Gary moore.

What you like to play: what do you mean?! music! XD

Songs you can play: anything can be learnt

Been to Any Concerts: I performed with my band, does that count?

When You Started : 2 years ago

Bio: well i was born to a familly with many artistical talents, my dad plays the violin and is also a drawer. my brother is a piano player, a musicolog and a graphic designer, my other brother is the one i got my first guitar(ibanez) from since he stopped playing the guitar and i wanted to start.
beside me playing the guitar i also draw since i've been young and not too long ago i started learning Voice Developing in order to be a better vocalist for my band. my band has been playing together for about a year(little less than a year... but pretty close) we play rock with some funk and blues influences. and i suppoose thats about it, if there's anything else you'd like to ask youre welcome to  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:16 pm
Lol, I should have made one of these like 3 years ago, but I had no pic, so I didn't bother alot. ^^;;

User Image

Gaia Name: James Tanner
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): Fender Standard Stratocaster, Tanglewood TW-12, Epiphone Les Paul Special II, Electro Harmonix Big Muff, Electro Harmonix Small Clone, Jim Dunlop Crybaby, Marshall MG15CDR, Fender Frontman 15G, Sennheiser e815S, Korg Electribe EMX-1
Favorite Music: Dashboard Confessional, Brand New, Death Cab for Cutie, Enter Shikari, Funeral For Friend, Led Zeppelin, Atreyu, McFly (What? They kick ******** arse! razz ), Metallica, My Chemical Romance, Pink Floyd, Relient K, Savage Garden, Trivium, Yellowcard
Favorite Guitarists: Chris Carrabba, Jesse Lacey, David Gilmour, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Kirk Hammett, Steve Vai, Ryan Key
What you like to play: Acoustic stuff mainly now actually, but I still like playing hard rock and classic rock.
Songs you can play: Alot, I really can't be ******** to name them all.
Been to Any Concerts: Umm, Billy Talent, Enter Shikari, DragonForce, Lostprophets, Eric Clapton
When You Started: 2003, so a while back
Bio: Been playing guitar since I was 13, and stuck with it, which is quite something compared to alot of people I know. After practicing technique for a few years, I realised there's not alot of point being really good if no one knows who you are. It's all well and good being a technically amazing guitarist, but if you can't write a simple song to get any kind of message across, it all comes kind of pointless, so now I've been working on songwriting for almost a year now.  

lntrigue
Crew

Adulruna

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:48 am
User Image

Gaia Name: Adulruna

Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): PRS Custom 24, PRS Hollowbody I w/piezo, PRS Modern Eagle, Gibson Les Paul Custom (197 cool , Jackson Dinky, McCollum Meghann 000, Ovation 6778LX, Ovation 1862 Custom Balladeer, Diezel Herbert, VHT Super Lead, Line 6 Vetta II, Behringer V-Amp

Favorite Music: Prog, Progressive Metal, Death Metal, Classical, Neo-classical, Symphonic/Gothic Metal, Spanish

Favorite Guitarists: Al Di Meola (the original shredder), John Petrucci, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Mikael Ã…kerfeldt, Micahel Romeo, Paco De Lucia

What you like to play: Same as Favorite Music

Songs you can play: Anything from Images & Words, Scenes from a Memory, any Tool album, most Pink Floyd...

Been to Any Concerts: Opeth, Lamb of God, Epica, After Forever, Tool, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Megadeth, Rasputina, Nevermore, Isis, California Guitar Trio, Arch Enemy, Al Di Meola, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Warped Tour '05, Gigantour '06 and '07, etc

When You Started : Spring 2004 (for guitar, I've played in orchestras and sang in choirs since elementary school)

Bio: Poor college student whom works all the time to buy fantastic equipment and go fanboy at as many concerts as possible  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:46 pm
User Image
User Image
The second ones me and my gf

Gaia Name: JiranRyo

Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): a Kona Acoustic who's model I don't even know, and a Peavey acoustic amp who's model I don't know either... well I got them for Christmas and I didn't even pick them out what do you expect? O.o

Favorite Music: Hard Rock, Metal, Classic Rock, Alternative, Punk... basically everything in the rock category xD

Favorite Guitarists: Jimi Hendrix, Angus Young, Jimmy Page of course, Kurt Cobain... anyone that has passion in their playing basically

What you like to play: metal is definately something I can head bang to, classic rock and blues are just works of art and something played straight from the heart... anything

Songs you can play: Heart shaped box-Nirvana, One- Metallica, a lot of metallica actually, um... idk, I keep forgetting

Been to Any Concerts: No... I live in the middle of frickin nowhere, all we get out here are flippin country singers -.-
I'd have to get a ride to the other side of maryland, which would never happen of course

When You Started: I started last christmas, and now every day I play about 30 to 3 hours a day so.... yeah

Bio: I never grew up around music, nobody ever got me into music, then about a year and a half ago I really got into music.... then my life changed. I changed from a nerd to a rocker basically, started working out, got rid of my glasses for contacts, got a girlfriend for the first time in my life, then dumped her and got a real gf which is the one you see me with up there. Now I'm in a band, and I have a gf, and thats pretty much all I want for right now in my life, so I'm really happy ^^
Cheers!
oh and by the way I'm an honors student with straight A's without even trying.... so I'm guessing I'm smart? idk
I don't really care =/  

JiranRyo

Misque

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:49 pm
Gaia Name: Misque
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): Eleca (Electric), Yamaha (Acoustic), Fender (Bass), Fender Frontman (Guitar Amp), Fender Rumble (Bass Amp), Planetwaves Patchcord, JAZZ III guitar picks
Favorite Music: Everything from Metal to Blues
Favorite Guitarists: Dimebag, SRV, Zack Wylde...and many more
What you like to play: Anything that I can!
Songs you can play: Classical Gas
Been to Any Concerts: Alice Cooper and Cradle of Filth
When You Started : 2 years ago

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:54 pm

Gaia Name: Wolv Project

Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): Brunswick BF200

Favorite Music: Oh god don't ask that....err everything? i literally love all genre's and as long as they are good lol

Favorite Guitarists: Terrance White, he's the one that got me into playing the guitar first off. He's one of my closest friends so i get alot of support from him thank god heh

What you like to play: Well i like to try and play the chords right, tis my main goal haha

Songs you can play: >.> hmm *skips*

When You Started : Last saturday...I have been wanting to learn for ages but never had the time or money but nw i have a bit more spare time so yay  

WingsEnclose

9,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100

DYin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:43 am
Gaia Name: .. what kind of a question is that?! gonk
-Stagg L300 Electric Guitar. Not very special, but I am going to get:
---Schechter Omen-7 Extreme (and I'm gonna replace the pick-ups)

-Randall RG75 G3 guitar amp. Love the thing.

-Boss GT-8. My precious! It's my multi-effects processor and it rules.

etc:
-Planet Waves cables
-Random picks
-Sennheiser headphones
-Ernie Ball 'Skinny Tops Heavy Bottoms'' strings.

Favorite Music: Metal!
Favorite Guitarists: Jeff Loomis from Nevermore. Gawd I luv him..
What you like to play: As in.. song, style, instrument? I don't get it.
Songs you can play: Tons. I don't remember every song I learn!
Been to Any Concerts: ... sadly... No gonk .. Oh wait, yes, one. A free Epica concert.
When You Started icon_wink.gif :About 3,5 years ago.
Bio: Didn't I just give that?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:19 pm
Gaia Name:Fatty69
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.):Guitar1 : Ibanez Gio Blue, Ibanez black Presteige, Charvel FLoyd Rose Pickups, Spider 2 Line 6 15 watt amp. XD
Favorite Music: Metal,Rock,Classical,Speed Metal,Thrash Metal,Symphonic Metal,Classic Rock,Death Metal
Favorite Guitarists:Jason Becker,Marty Friedman,Steve Vai,Joe Satriani,John Petrucci,Yngwie Malmsteen,Michale Romeo, Jeff Loomis,dimebag,zack wylde.
What you like to play:anything really :]
Songs you can play: thats a very long list...
Been to Any Concerts: megadeth,metalica,vai,muse
When You Started icon_wink.gif : 3 yrs ago
Bio: Well i only started playing gtar 3 yrs ago when my step dad gave me his ibanez (blue). I started off playing it like a piano (pathetic i know) and after time i started learning chord progessions,scales and other neat stuff. After i got really deep into theory i started becoming a guitar addict. Practicing at like 7 times a day nonstop lol. I would practice until i got every note right. I started listning to becker and friedman (cacophony) and they got me truly inspired to play like gods. Ever since i have tried to improve my playing. so yeah razz hi :]  

Fatty69

DevilDace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:40 pm
Gaia Name biggrin evilDace
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): Epiphone DR-100, also looking into an electric guitar, most likely an Ibanez model.....
Favorite Music: pretty much anything that isn't country or rap
Favorite Guitarists: Terry Balsamo, John Lowery, Herman Li, Ben Moody, Jaret Reddick
What you like to play: pretty much anything except country or rap
Songs you can play: opening to Smoke On The Water, Hey There Delilah, Stephen Lynch's Special Olympics, Brother My Brother - blessed union of souls (don't ask about that one, old song and easy to play), Fire Water Burn
Been to Any Concerts: Evanescence, Mobile, Psychotic 4
When You Started icon_wink.gif : 2 months ago now? go me! XD
Bio: pretty much a late starter when it comes to guitar, what with being 20 and all, but I have pretty much made it my life. I usually end up spending 3 hours practicing a day for four days a week (the other three I'm at university and don't dare to bring my guitar with me because I don't want it damaged)
My music tastes are just as weird as I can go from Dragonforce to Avril to Marilyn Manson to some J-Rock (Maximum The Hormone).  
The Guitarists Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff