Reply Debate and Discussion
Christian Politics? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:27 pm
Hi. Thanks. smile While I have learned to hold my own it's nice to have someone else echo things. And of course liberals aren't bad people. We aren't the one's who send your kids off to war for oil and greed and we actually like to help people which, gee, aren't those things Jesus talked about ("turning the other cheek" and loving your neighbor etc)?

Crimson_Enigma
I am a Liberal also and I have come to help LittlePinky from being torn down by people who are brainwashed into thinking Liberal's are bad people. Now what are we debating about, well actually this looks more like an argument. stare

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:58 pm
Okay here are my views on things, they maybe slightly different because I'm a different type of Liberal, but a Liberal none the less.

Common topics are:

Abortion- Abortion is a personal choice, although it is also murder after a certain amount of time. Whenever the baby can move and think like a normal person, then I think it is murder. However, if the baby was created from a rape, if the baby is going to be disfigured and the mother doesn't want to put her child through that kind of life, and if there is no possible way the mother can provide for the child, then it is okay for abortion.

Legalization of Marijuana- I think legalizing it would be the best thing for the people. Now it's like 20 bucks a pound or whatever, but if the government could tax it then it would be like 40 bucks a pound. Plus the tax money would go to the country and less people would be able to get ahold of it. Less children would be able to get ahold of it.

Iran- What about Iran?

The War in Iraq- Why are we in Iraq? What did they do to us? A certain group of terriorist flew the planes into the towers, not Iraq!! Why are we over there? There is no direct connection between the war and the towers.

The Economy- Again, what about the Economy?

Gun Control- What about gun control?

Gay marriage- People have a right to choose who they want to marry, who are we to tell them their wrong? We are not God, we have no right to be telling them such. As long as we don't see them making out in public, just like any other couple, then it is okay.

Ace_Of_Swords

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:44 pm
Good topics. I'll reply my views.

Abortion- Always a personal choice. If you make abortion illegal a woman can't go and get advice either. According to Planned Parenthood only three out of ten reason's can not be changed with societies help and those reason's are rape, incest or a serious medical issue (such as if the mother's life is in danger). Everything else can be worked out with societies help. There should be places to go for free where a woman can walk in and seek counseling and advice and just have someone to talk about and remain annonomoyus. Also I have heard there are some town's that have a place where if you do have a baby and you can't keep the baby you can drop the baby off without ever being known and they will give the baby a good home. In the second debate in 2004 John Kerry stated his stance on abortion perfecty and I agree. With abortion you can counsel a woman all you want but in the end it's still her choice. Abortion was the lowest ever in Bill Clinton's presidency and went up 20% in George Bush's first term.

Marijuna- I think it should be like with alochol. As long as it's an adult who knows how to handle things. From talking with people who have smoked mirijuna in the past (way older people here) when you're high you're so high you can't do anything. Plus, I think if it's for medicine and pain it would help. I've heard from people that go through cancer with families that they could use marijuna and it really helped the pain. My grandfather went through cancer last summer and died and towards the end of his life he was in so much pain he was constantly on some sort of medicine to keep him from feeling it so he was high anyways.

Iran- The only thing Iran can do is make a glow in the dark watch. They also recently agreed to let in inspectors so it makes me wonder what's up and if they have anything to fear at all. Maybe they're playing reverse psychology or something. I don't know.

Iraq- PNAC. Google them. That's why we're in Iraq. Another CIA agent has come out saying they told the administration they were wrong but they didn't listen. It wasn't the intelligence. It was the administration who didn't care what the intelligence said.

Economy- If you're fed up with the economy elect a democrat.

Gun control- I think we just need to have stricter rules for if something happens and just have people learn responsibility before they can get a gun. But hey Cheney can have a gun and we all know what happened there.

Gay marriage- If the government is going to be involved in marriage period it should be all or nothing. The government has a say in marriage not the Church. If the Church doesn't want to get involved they don't have to according to the first amendment. But why am I more important because I'm straight? And for those who say God will punish people, so what? That's not your authority. And hey look at Canada. We're supposed to be the "free world" with "liberty and justice for all" aren't we?

Crimson_Enigma
Okay here are my views on things, they maybe slightly different because I'm a different type of Liberal, but a Liberal none the less.

Common topics are:

Abortion- Abortion is a personal choice, although it is also murder after a certain amount of time. Whenever the baby can move and think like a normal person, then I think it is murder. However, if the baby was created from a rape, if the baby is going to be disfigured and the mother doesn't want to put her child through that kind of life, and if there is no possible way the mother can provide for the child, then it is okay for abortion.

Legalization of Marijuana- I think legalizing it would be the best thing for the people. Now it's like 20 bucks a pound or whatever, but if the government could tax it then it would be like 40 bucks a pound. Plus the tax money would go to the country and less people would be able to get ahold of it. Less children would be able to get ahold of it.

Iran- What about Iran?

The War in Iraq- Why are we in Iraq? What did they do to us? A certain group of terriorist flew the planes into the towers, not Iraq!! Why are we over there? There is no direct connection between the war and the towers.

The Economy- Again, what about the Economy?

Gun Control- What about gun control?

Gay marriage- People have a right to choose who they want to marry, who are we to tell them their wrong? We are not God, we have no right to be telling them such. As long as we don't see them making out in public, just like any other couple, then it is okay.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:58 pm
Iran- Okay, my teacher explained things like this. If you aren't smoking weed, but your friends are, and your mother knows it, and she is always saying, 'If I find weed in your room, it will be the end of your life.' What are you going to do, bring the weed somewhere else. If a teenager can figure that out, then how quick could Saddam Hussien do it? She is saying that he moved the weapons of mass destruction to Iran or another neighboring area. I think he did move them somewhere, that is why they are looking in Iran.  

Ace_Of_Swords

Ace_Of_Swords

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:01 pm
Gun Control- You should only be able to buy guns at 21, now where I live it is 18. What is an 18 year old going to do with a gun, especially in this day and age, hardly anyone goes hunting anymore. There have also been cases where citizens have gotten ahold of military guns, anyone caught with a military gun should be arrested and fined. Anyone under 21 should be arrested and fined, possibly jail time depending on how serious the weapon is. Yes even teenagers who are found with guns should be sent to juvi. If they are caught with military weapons, then they should be tired as an adult because they are carrying adult weapons.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:27 pm
Crimson_Enigma
Gun Control- You should only be able to buy guns at 21, now where I live it is 18. What is an 18 year old going to do with a gun, especially in this day and age, hardly anyone goes hunting anymore. There have also been cases where citizens have gotten ahold of military guns, anyone caught with a military gun should be arrested and fined. Anyone under 21 should be arrested and fined, possibly jail time depending on how serious the weapon is. Yes even teenagers who are found with guns should be sent to juvi. If they are caught with military weapons, then they should be tired as an adult because they are carrying adult weapons.

I agree with you except for the age limit. I think at the age of 17 or even 16 is the best age limit. I do believe that this country should ban every type of gun on the market except for rifles.  

Monergism

Ace_Of_Swords

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:33 pm
Okay, so what if you're child is going to be brain dead because the mother drank while she was pregnate? What if the mother doesn't want her child to live that kind of life? Yes, people can drink and be pregnate and not know they are for months.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:36 pm
LittlePinky82
Bush is an insane psychopath.
rofl rofl rofl And I'll bet you think john kerry is a saint! rofl rofl rofl  

blue_odessy

blue_odessy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:37 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:39 pm
LittlePinky82
We're supposed to be the "free world" with "liberty and justice for all" aren't we?
but not "under god"  

blue_odessy

Ace_Of_Swords

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:42 pm
That really means nothing to me, I don't read the Bible much. I listen to people, to words, and act on feelings. I do know most of the stories from my preacher.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:43 pm
Personally, I like Bush more than Kerry, but I'm probably the only Liberal that thinks that.  

Ace_Of_Swords

blue_odessy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:53 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:30 am
You can't move something you didn't have. Google Valerie Wilson and Brewster Jennings. She had the intelligence to prove Bush was lying but they outed her and her intelligence became void and useless because spying is illegal in every country and she was a CIA spy. Her and her groups job was to keep an eye on dictators and other people and make sure they didn't get the capabilities to have WMDs. WE have WMDs and we're the number one country in the world with WMD's so we really are quite hypocritical. rolleyes Oh and also guess who gave Hussein the weapons in the first place? Dear old Donald Rumsfeld from Ronald Reagan. When Reagan was president the Senate overwhemingly in a bipartisan fashion said they didn't want us to deal with Hussein anymore but when the bill came to Reagan guess what? He vetoed it! Gee I wonder why. Oh and in the 60's the CIA put Hussein there in the first place and trained him to over take the Baathist party. Right before George Bush illegally invaded they were going to sell oil in Euro's and Yen's because it would've made oil more expensive for their customers, mostly us since we still go on the dollar. So couldn't let the puppet do that now could you? Nope, so that's why they attacked. So your teacher is wrong and needs to look up her facts. Either CBS or CNN had a whole special from former CIA agents talking about this. And former CIA agents very very very rarely come out and speak. Google articles from Larry Johnson on Valerie Wilson and Iraq's wmds (or lack there of).

Crimson_Enigma
Iran- Okay, my teacher explained things like this. If you aren't smoking weed, but your friends are, and your mother knows it, and she is always saying, 'If I find weed in your room, it will be the end of your life.' What are you going to do, bring the weed somewhere else. If a teenager can figure that out, then how quick could Saddam Hussien do it? She is saying that he moved the weapons of mass destruction to Iran or another neighboring area. I think he did move them somewhere, that is why they are looking in Iran.

LittlePinky82

Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces